Quick turn arounds....

I think a little bit of this problem is driven by other conferences like the ACC. The Duke/North Carolina game was on Wednesday. Being Kentucky is the big draw for the media market for the SEC, then I'm sure ESPN or the SEC doesn't want to be up against that game. Just a thought.
Go Vols!
The other conferences should not affect the SEC Wednesday night games unless the SEC allows it to happen. It is the responsibility of the SEC to schedule to ensue this kind of scheduling does not occur.

Great catch OP and others. This type should be 2s across the board.....

Television is a business. People tune in to watch The Wildcats. $$$$$$$$

Also, ESPN shows the NBA on Wednesday night. So, that takes another channel away for that night. It's why you see the Wednesday night SEC games on the SECN or ESPN2. They still can balance it out a little and put UK on a couple of times on Wednesday.

It's kind of hard to have the NBA on when Duke and North Carolina playing on the same channel at the same time!!

I do not understand the relative angle above... but I have missed the boat before. To me it is plain that if KY consistently gets Tuesday to Saturday every week and the teams they play get Wed. to Saturday they are getting an extra day to rest and hydrate. Worst thing in this example is that 45% of the games are played on Wed. and 55% are played on Tuesday, then how in the world do explain that they get no Saturday games against rest of the teams that played on Tuesday that week like they did. What are the odds of that just happening?

I think every team should have roughly the same amount of Tuesday and Wednesday games and an attempt to make their Saturday games against teams that played on the same day should be made to keep the playing courts even. Fair is fair... gerrymandering schedules is not. We should not compromise the integrity of the schedule to make ESPN happy....
I completely agree. I think the person I was replying to was saying that since UK played on Tuesday and not Wednesday that after their game on Saturday they didn’t have the extra day off or prep that the teams got for playing on Wednesday. It is kinda basically the same except most of your games against better teams were on Saturday so they got more time to prepare for them. Hope that clears up my reply.

Reactions: CAVPUT
I completely agree. I think the person I was replying to was saying that since UK played on Tuesday and not Wednesday that after their game on Saturday they didn’t have the extra day off or prep that the teams got for playing on Wednesday. It is kinda basically the same except most of your games against better teams were on Saturday so they got more time to prepare for them. Hope that clears up my reply.

Yep, to my knowledge almost all teams played conference games on Saturday and in a mid week game every week. So Saturday to Tuesday or Saturday to Wednesday is equal for both teams every time. I say almost because I am not sure how the teams that did not participate in the Challenge and played a conference game that Saturday got back in balance with the schedule. OOPS... I think I just remembered they did not play on the very first Sat like the rest of the league and started with mid week games that week so playing on that weekend got them back in balance.

I'm not a conspiracy guy but no way 8/9 Saturday games fir UK having their opponent play Wednesday before and UK never played a Weds game is random or coincidence. No way

I'm not a conspiracy guy but no way 8/9 Saturday games fir UK having their opponent play Wednesday before and UK never played a Weds game is random or coincidence. No way
Yeah especially when 7-9 of their 9 hare seat SEC games where on the Saturday.

They get to have a day off on Wednesday when the other team plays and still has the same amount of prep time as the other team. That’s huge over a 28-30 game schedule. Huge difference.

About 11 minutes into the Al Brown 2.2.19
SportsTalk

John W
Kentucky "preferred" to play on Tu nite
All next Sat opponents play on Wed

Al B:
Call the SEC office and find out why is the schedule is skewed in Ky favor.

Jimmy H:
Called the office has not heard back yet...
Was told by someone that SEC sets Saturday games.
ESPN wanted Ky on Tu so not to interfere with ACC games

Al B
Not fair but not awful.

SportsTalk

John W

Al B:

Jimmy H:

Al B
Not fair but not awful.

OK, as long as if any network wanted KY to play on Thursday they do that also.... let them have a few Thursday/Sat with opponents having either Tues or Wed games and see if that flies.

SportsTalk

John W

Al B:

Jimmy H:

Al B
Not fair but not awful.
That's some BS right there. I understand but you can't allow that

Reactions: StarRaider
Later in the hour Jimmy H reported on his call with the SEC office (about 25 minute mark)....

Herb VIncent with the SEC office told him SEC submits Tu/Wed schedule and ESPN picks what they want, SEC can override but typically does not.

Herb said there were no complaints from coaches.

Later in the hour Jimmy H reported on his call with the SEC office (about 25 minute mark)....

Herb VIncent with the SEC office told him SEC submits Tu/Wed schedule and ESPN picks what they want, SEC can override but typically does not.

I'd wager who ever looked this for each school never out 2 and 2 together to see UK never had a wed game. Just looked at their own team

Yet, is it still a coincidence that every opponent UK plays on Saturday’s played the previous Wednesday? With 4 games being played on Tuesday, it’s just ridiculous it ended up that way.

Yet, is it still a coincidence that every opponent UK plays on Saturday’s played the previous Wednesday? With 4 games being played on Tuesday, it’s just ridiculous it ended up that way.
SEC protects Blueblood in every sport. It's all about $$$$

Yeah, there are two variables in play. UK playing every Tuesday, which is a controlled variable for television. The other variable is UK's opponent on Saturday, and when they played midweek. That variable is the real issue.

VN Store

Back