Question about Too’Too and Crouch and the famous Transfer Portal.

Henry T was wearing a Vol shirt on Instagram today.
I saw that too—for a kid that seems to pride himself so much on loyalty and family it just seems weird for him to jump ship. He’s one year from going pro/getting paid (legitimately)—I just don’t get why he wouldn’t finish at UT and at least always be a beloved guy in Knoxville. Maybe there more info coming out about his recruitment and he’s having to stay away—but I feel like if he was gone and moving on then he wouldn’t be wearing/showing his TN stuff on his posts.

I saw that too—for a kid that seems to pride himself so much on loyalty and family it just seems weird for him to jump ship. He’s one year from going pro/getting paid (legitimately)—I just don’t get why he wouldn’t finish at UT and at least always be a beloved guy in Knoxville. Maybe there more info coming out about his recruitment and he’s having to stay away—but I feel like if he was gone and moving on then he wouldn’t be wearing/showing his TN stuff on his posts.
Exactly! And sharing videos of him as a vol.

I think if HT and QC decide to keep camping out with the Vols they will be just fine. We love them and will support them. We need these studs to ramp up our defense and help us persevere through the challenges ahead. They are both going to do great things if they just keep working at it. Hopefully with the BIG ORANGE.

So players have to honor their word but universities and coaches can move on without vacating a season??
Please read my entire post prior to offering a rebuttal attempt. Especially where I wrote, “Coaches should set the examples for this practice as well.” I agree that universities should honor their commitment to players as well. Respect for the valued offerings and agreements should be honored by universities, coaches, and athletes alike. Coaches should not get a pass just because coaching is their “job”, just as athletes should not get a pass just because they are “kids”. A person’s word used to mean something. Unfortunately, that’s often not the case these days. Sometimes it’s the coaches breaking commitment, sometimes it’s the universities, sometimes it’s the athlete. Just be careful, because sometimes the grass is greener on the other side because it borders a sewage pond.

I read today that Henry T is a lock to Bama while Michigan State is a leader for Crouch.

Henry T is taking classes @ UT, I assume on line.
I can’t recall about Crouch but he’s not on campus.

Crouch has disappointed me more than any recruit since JG.
He should've never been a linebacker at the college level. He should've been a big bruising running back. I get having a preference to play a certain position but at some point you have to recognize that you're not going to make it there. Jennings came to realize this, as you may remember he came in as a QB.

For the players, their decision doesn’t exist in a vacuum, so it’s hard to know what’s going on. ‘They took money and are quitting on their team’ is just as likely as ‘Their families are pressuring them to go somewhere else, but their love for their teammates and UT has kept them from leaving.’ And of course there are multiple other factors involved impacting their decisions. Hard to really put ourselves in their shoes. Hopefully the players will come to a decision that helps them succeed. UT will be fine with whatever they decide.

This response reminds me of a good political response. A whole lot said about nothing that explains nothing!

As far as I'm concerned, if they wanted to be here they'd be here. I guarantee you they were on the Pruitt payroll and that's why they are now in the portal. They are looking to move on, so should we.

If you leave this out, I agree 100%. ( I find it hard to believe you can make this guarantee)

These two are losers. They want out. They chose to transfer out and got on the portal to do such. We should not slow them down from leaving. In a couple years we won't ever remember their names.

Good riddance. Next man up.

Don't take my words so literal....
Brave, I never understood this kind of response.

Your words are literally all we have to go on. If you don't wish to be called out for what they say, say something different. That's 100% your choice, you are in complete control of the words you post. Just say what you mean. Otherwise, we'll have to react to what it is you did say.

Brave, I never understood this kind of response.

Your words are literally all we have to go on. If you don't wish to be called out for what they say, say something different. That's 100% your choice, you are in complete control of the words you post. Just say what you mean. Otherwise, we'll have to react to what it is you did say.

Uh, because I'm using casual conversation vernacular? You mean to tell me you've never been involved in a conversation with 1 or more people about something and someone said "I guarantee you, blah blah blah" ? It's usually just understood that that person is not being literal. Otherwise that would lead to "Really? You actually guarantee it? Do you know something? How can you guarantee it?" But that never happens because everyone knows what they really mean, which is it's just their opinion but they feel very strongly about it.

Reactions: Volfan82
He should've never been a linebacker at the college level. He should've been a big bruising running back. I get having a preference to play a certain position but at some point you have to recognize that you're not going to make it there. Jennings came to realize this, as you may remember he came in as a QB.
This.

Uh, because I'm using casual conversation vernacular? You mean to tell me you've never been involved in a conversation with 1 or more people about something and someone said "I guarantee you, blah blah blah" ? It's usually just understood that that person is not being literal. Otherwise that would lead to "Really? You actually guarantee it? Do you know something? How can you guarantee it?" But that never happens because everyone knows what they really mean, which is it's just their opinion but they feel very strongly about it.
I think that's just you having the training wheels on, but not realizing they're there.

So you grow up with your parents, and they know pretty much how you think, so when you say imprecise things, they interpret what you really mean. And usually don't say a word about your lack of accuracy, esp. since you inherited some favorite phrases from them.

Then, you start hanging out with friends, and you're all a bunch of little dweebs together, all just vaguely saying something roughly approximating what you really mean, so you're all constantly making the connection between what each other said and what they meant.

But then you get to college, and jobs, and life beyond, where mature adult relationships and conversations take place, and people aren't going to fill in for your errors because they're not your parents...and they don't share your imprecision of language because they learned how to say what they mean...and suddenly you're being called to task for your words. If what you say seems wrong, or dumb, or nuts, folks are pretty likely to say hey, that sounds wrong, or dumb, or nuts.

You think it's okay because you're using "casual conversation vernacular," when in reality you've had "conversational training wheels" on this whole time but didn't know it. And now they're off.

Heh, I'm partially just busting your chops, Brave, you're a good dude. But seriously, your words are the ONLY thing we have here with which to interpret your thoughts. So represent your thoughts well: use the words that mean what you are trying to say. If you want to guarantee it, say "I guarantee...." If you want to make a bet with someone, say, "I'll bet...." If you can't guarantee it, or don't want to make a bet about it, maybe choose some other phrase such as, "I think it is likely..." or "Seems possible...."

Words. They are the only currency of vn.com.

Last edited:
Are you sure we want #11 back? This happens over and over and over... all season. Bad technique or coaching. Who knows?

Reactions: PA Vol

the Dad makes decisions. its their culture..

Reactions: bpalmer28
I love how people are now saying how bad Henry T was. Yet this time last year the same ones were talking about how good he was. Henry T can play. Is he perfect? No. But the guy can play. We could definitely use him.

That being said I wish he and Crouch would make a decision and either move on or get with the program. This is BS.

I love how people are now saying how bad Henry T was. Yet this time last year the same ones were talking about how good he was. Henry T can play. Is he perfect? No. But the guy can play. We could definitely use him.

That being said I wish he and Crouch would make a decision and either move on or get with the program. This is BS.

Isn't the real answer here that the University of Tennessee should say "Thanks for the memories" and tell them they need to find another program. This isn't the players decision, it's the school's. Would like to see the program grow some and tell these two to have a nice day and get lost.

VN Store

Back