Question about shooting fouls

utvol0427

Bring back post junkies!!
What is considered a shooting foul? After watching all of the Tennessee games this year, what I once thought was a shooting foul no longer seems to be considered one by the referees. I am not saying this is just with Tennessee, because it is the same with every game that I watch. It seems that Basketball is now becoming a different game, as far as rules, that I grew up watching. Maybe one of you guys on here have time to search for the official ruling on a shooting foul, but I don't have time right now.

What is considered a shooting foul? After watching all of the Tennessee games this year, what I once thought was a shooting foul no longer seems to be considered one by the referees. I am not saying this is just with Tennessee, because it is the same with every game that I watch. It seems that Basketball is now becoming a different game, as far as rules, that I grew up watching. Maybe one of you guys on here have time to search for the official ruling on a shooting foul, but I don't have time right now.
Hello out there
Hello out there
Hello out there
Hello out there
Hello out there

What is considered a shooting foul?

1) Any foul that occurs while the offensive player is in the act of shooting.

2) On the 7th foul of the half all fouls result in a "1 and 1".

3) On the 10th foul of the half, fouls automatically result in 2 shots.

Thanks. Now, it is all very clear. :salute:

Why is it never called. When I was growing up and playing basketball, if someone was shooting and you made initiated contact with the shooter, it was a foul. Now the only time a ref calls a shooting foul is if fouler (made that word up) nearly causes severe bodily harm to the foulee (that one too). A guy can drive down the lane and damn near get tackled and they won't call a foul, but a guy can be shooting a 3 and the guy brushes his hand on the follow through and it is a shooting foul. The game of basketball is slowly moving away from basketball and towards streetball and I for one am beginning to get fed up with it.

What is aggravating to me, is when the officials seems to see to different games on the opposite ends of the floor. If you are going to call it tight, then call it tight both ways. If you are going to let 'em play, then let 'em play on both ends of the court. All you ask for is for the officials to be consistent in their foul calls, and then the teams can adjust to how the game is being called.

look at the big brain on Brad:p

Why is it never called. When I was growing up and playing basketball, if someone was shooting and you made initiated contact with the shooter, it was a foul. Now the only time a ref calls a shooting foul is if fouler (made that word up) nearly causes severe bodily harm to the foulee (that one too). A guy can drive down the lane and damn near get tackled and they won't call a foul, but a guy can be shooting a 3 and the guy brushes his hand on the follow through and it is a shooting foul. The game of basketball is slowly moving away from basketball and towards streetball and I for one am beginning to get fed up with it.

Lots of "judgement" as to who initiates the contact when players drive the lane, and I agree many 3 point fouls are "iffy" calls , I mean if the ball is already in the air hitting the shooter's arm will not change the outcome of the shot. Back to driving the lane, I guess it's like holding calls in football, if they called them all games would last 3 days.

VN Store

Back