Question about portal

If you enter and you are not picked by someone can you stay at Tennessee
Yes. If the staff is doing their job they are having discussions with these kids, where they are and where they see them heading. I think in many of these cases, it’s a mutual parting of ways. Especially with ones who enter at seasons end, like Merril, Calloway and Holiday. I’d say their upside is not where the staff would want to be. I think we’ll see a mass exodus after spring practice on the defensive side, particularly secondary. They have a bunch of bodies, but not a lot of production. Still scratching my head over who’s getting reps. In the Vandy game and bow game, our secondary looked better with the starters out.

I also have a question: I understand you can only enter the portal during the “open window” period. Does accepting an offer from a new school also have to be in an “open window” period or can it be at any time after you enter?

I also have a question: I understand you can only enter the portal during the “open window” period. Does accepting an offer from a new school also have to be in an “open window” period or can it be at any time after you enter?

Sort of along these lines, can you just drop out of your current school, not enter the portal, and show up at another school? So, to change schools do you have to enter the portal?

WHEN CAN I CONTACT NEW SCHOOLS AND SPEAK WITH THEIR ATHLETICS STAFF REGARDING A POTENTIAL TRANSFER? » Another NCAA school cannot recruit you, directly or indirectly, until you first follow the division-specific steps regarding notification of transfer (Divisions I and II) or written permission to contact (Division III). » You should only consider requesting notification of transfer (Divisions I and II) or written permission to contact (Division III) when you are ready to begin the process. » Impact to playing time, roster spot and/or athletics aid may be a result after you take steps to formally begin the transfer process, so please consider consulting with your coaching staff, compliance staff and director of athletics throughout the process. Per NCAA Bylaw 15, Financial Aid, you may request a hearing opportunity with the financial aid authority on campus if your athletics aid is to be reduced, canceled or not renewed. Please speak with your compliance staff to learn more about these policies and procedures. » You may write to a new school to let them know you are interested in transferring, but the new school cannot discuss transfer opportunities with you until they can verify notification of transfer is validated and your information is entered in the NCAA Transfer Portal. » You can speak with other departments outside of athletics at a new school at any time. Examples include admissions, registrar and financial aid office. » Once notification of transfer (Divisions I and II) or written permission to contact (Division III) has been completed and your information is entered in the NCAA Transfer Portal, all applicable NCAA recruiting rules will continue to apply (e.g., tryout rules, official visit rules, recruiting calendars, etc.).

Last edited:
Miles Campbell find a home ?
Does anyone know the names in the portal from Tennessee that didn't find a home.

Sort of along these lines, can you just drop out of your current school, not enter the portal, and show up at another school? So, to change schools do you have to enter the portal?

Transfer trigger: A condition that can affect your transfer status. A student who triggers transfer status is a student who does any of the following: »Has been a full-time student at a two- or four-year school during a regular academic term. Classes taken during summer terms do not count. »Practiced with a college team. »Practiced or competed with a college team while enrolled as a part-time student. »Received financial aid from a college while attending summer school. Note: This is not a complete list for Divisions I, II and III. Please consult with your NCAA school’s compliance staff for a complete review.

VN Store

Back