Queen Elizabeth II 1926-2022

For most, this will probably be the only time we see a new King or Queen on the throne in England.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tbwhhs
For most of us, this will probably be the only time we seen a new king or queen on the thrown in England.
Will there be a day of national mourning in England, does everything come to a stop?

For most, this will probably be the only time we see a new King or Queen on the throne in England.
Interesting that the lyrics of their National Anthem changed from God Save The Queen to God Save The King.

Wonder how long it will take for the money to change. In Canada everything has a a picture of the Queen.

Reactions: ENGRVOL
Wow during her reign she saw 13 presidents come and go. That’s about 30% of all presidents in US history. Also saw 13 UT football coaches come and go from Neyland to Heupel.

Interesting that the lyrics of their National Anthem changed from God Save The Queen to God Save The King.

Wonder how long it will take for the money to change. In Canada everything has a a picture of the Queen.

God save the King - he ain't no human thing?

Charles is 73 - I wouldn't be surprised to see William on the throne in 10-15 years
Good point. I wonder if he'll hold on to the throne until he dies like his mum or if he will step aside when he gets really old like a lot of modern monarchs have in recent history?

Two moments in the coverage of Queen Elizabeth’s passing which caught my attention: The anecdote shared by her staff member in Scotland of two American hikers encountering her at a picnic asking if she’d met the Queen. She replied that she hadn’t but her staff member had. The Americans asked her to take their picture with the staff member, which she did. Then, the staff member offered to take their picture with her. Which they did. After they left, the Queen remarked that she wondered how their friends and relatives would react, seeing the pictures, and if they would inform them of her identity. The second was a group of mourners singing God Save the Queen being encountered by Charles, when a young woman raised her voice to sing God Save the King.

VN Store

Back