QB's According to NYCVOL

Not sure. If we get him to visit, I think we have a decent shot. He has ties to UT but it's still not easy to pull kids from CA.

I know that QBs are perhaps the earliest kids recruited, so we are perhaps further behind in this area than others - but I wonder if Reaves is going to be a deterrent here...especially in the area of negative recruiting (Spurrier's lapdog who wasn't even really the QB coach, or what have you...). Among the position coaches, this is obviously a weaker position (though on this staff, that doesn't mean a weak position..just weaker than others). What do you think? Will this be an issue?

I am also worried about this, but my hope is that the real draw for a quarterback committing to us is Kiffin. I doubt any of spurrier's quarterback recruits committed because of reaves.

My other worry is although wilson is a great recruiter, he has never coached wr. I wonder if that hurt us with any of the big name recruits we went after last year.

Gran was responsible for Nuke, and Kiffin was responsible for Green. I think both of these can be covered by Kiffin for a year or two, but I still wonder if we will continue to lose out on the top recruits at wr because of this. (marlon brown)

Last edited:
I know this doesn't pertain to much, but I was looking up the Mike Rozier on rivals and noticed that in 2003 USC picked up a QB named John David Booty. I know he wasn't the greatest but he was pretty good, and he did not have a single star. I also believe Kiffin was there when he was recruited and thought that this might help some of you people that are so worried about stars. I think I would take Booty over anyone on our roster, so itjust goes to show you that these guys can evaluate talent, and it doesn't have to be a 5star QB to have a great season.

I know this doesn't pertain to much, but I was looking up the Mike Rozier on rivals and noticed that in 2003 USC picked up a QB named John David Booty. I know he wasn't the greatest but he was pretty good, and he did not have a single star. I also believe Kiffin was there when he was recruited and thought that this might help some of you people that are so worried about stars. I think I would take Booty over anyone on our roster, so itjust goes to show you that these guys can evaluate talent, and it doesn't have to be a 5star QB to have a great season.

John David Booty was starless because he skipped his senior year of high school....he went to SC before ratings were determined.

Darian Stone, on the list at 14, is right in our backyard. His recruiting is gaining momentum. He plays for Clinton. He had 1900 passing and 900 rushing 30 total TD's and only 5 turnovers. Clinton has been a down program and that has hurt him early in getting noticed, but the kid can really play. He is getting taller and stronger. He is 6'2" benches 280, squats 500, and power cleans 220. Runs a 40 in 4.6 and has a 36" vertical. He may not fit Kiffin's system as a QB, but he is getting big time interest from Kentucky, Louisville, Ole Miss, Auburn, Syracuse. I personally was with him this week at a UK practice and he could compete to start for them right now. Remember, no one thought much about Randall Cobb (now a WR) but he started as a Freshman in the SEC. This kid will go big if Clinton has the year people are expecting and his numbers are on par with what he did as a junior. His highlight videos are impressive. He throws 65-70 yards, 55 on a line. Randy Sanders and Greg Adkins have certainly not forgotten him in their new positions. Remember his name, if he is healthy he will climb the ladder and be a top rated QB by the end of the year.

VN Store

Back