QB Joe Milton and Character Quality

“I wouldn’t say I lost the starting job," Milton said.

I would, because that's what happened. We all saw his accuracy problems, so did the coaches.

Good for him, he's happy and enjoying himself and has no pressure. Just know that when the game is on the line, he will run out of bounds.

I would, because that's what happened. We all saw his accuracy problems, so did the coaches.
Good for him, he's happy and enjoying himself and has no pressure. Just know that when the game is on the line, he will run out of bounds.

Some people are.., they are just &%@*(^$*
snarl-smiley-emoticon.gif

I still think he's going to be a serviceable QB for us and CJH gonna show the doubters that he can coach up QB's

Milton has the rest of this year to go see that sports shrink and get his mind right, saw a report that says he looks to be better with his touch.
He'll have to bring it because 2023. Nico & Jackson are going to be wanting that #1 spot.

I said this about Milton last year. Dude's a legit team player, always in the huddle, cheering his teammates on.
Way too many out there that would sulk on the bench after being pulled. Think JG

Was this comment really necessary?

Dude, he's still a Vol and providing massively valuable depth. Give the guy a bit of a break. He could very likely play an important role for us this season.

You been here long enough to know some of our "fans" are something else.

I'm tired of the out of bound stuff. It's over it's done. Plenty have made mistakes. Russell Wilson, Chris Webber.
I bet Milton won't make that mistake again. Mistakes are just learning opportunities as they say

Well that's one hot take.....it's a garbage take.....but it's a take.

Really glad to have a backup like Milton. Hopefully if he’s needed he will be ready and improved from last season.

Does Milton have another year of eligibility or is this his last? He may be the starter next season while Nico and Tayven get more prepared.

Really glad to have a backup like Milton. Hopefully if he’s needed he will be ready and improved from last season.

Does Milton have another year of eligibility or is this his last? He may be the starter next season while Nico and Tayven get more prepared.
He has this season and the 23 season

Reactions: norrislakevol

It is important to have 2 QB's who can run the complete playbook. I don't think either of the starters had this ability last season. Very glad he stayed instead of transferring, he will be needed before this season is over.

No doubt he is improved. It seems to be a miracle is we make it through a season anymore with a healthy, full time starter at QB. He may have to start this season a game or two, who knows?

Our best case scenario is that Hendon tears it up this year and signs a fat NFL deal in the spring. Then, an improved Milton does the same thing next year for us. If he's healthy next fall, he probably gets the starting nod.

Reactions: TNbuc2
I can’t remember the last time I felt this good about our depth and pipeline at the QB position. Things are starting to feel different on the hill.

Despite the weaknesses elsewhere on the field, no place did Tennessee fall in production & performance more than at QB from 2017-2020. None of those on the roster during those seasons had SEC talent. Tennessee wasted talent of 3 NFL WRs who QBs couldn’t get the damn ball to accurately to allow them to make big plays AFTER THE CATCH.

In the current transfer portal/NIL world, Tennessee is very lucky to have a backup QB like Milton.
Seems like a good teammate and I am glad we have him, but I think it is a win-win. I don’t see a P5 program bringing Milton on board to start. So, if he is going to be a backup, it may as well be here where he likes the environment and gets great coaching - good decision on his part.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

If you hear the audio, the question he was asked started with “you lost the starting job…” So he was just repeating what was asked of him. He was injured, and replaced. When he was healthy again, someone else had run with the job. He was not pulled for performance.

You are a perfect example of what is wrong with a very small part of this fan base. It is a good thing that the intelligent part far surpasses that quantity.

VN Store

Back