'22 QB IN Tayven Jackson (Tennessee signee)

Honestly, with our luck, both Hooker and Milton will be back, especially when Milton has 3 years left.

I think Tayven redshirts no matter what.
I doubt Milton stays, he left Michigan after losing his starting role and I doubt he stays here if Hooker continues to be QB1. But if he does, maybe JH can continue to develop him and he can be a solid backup. I don’t have any faith that he is going to magically become a good QB though. My money is Bailey and Milton being gone next year. It would be good to keep one of them though.

The speed and complexity of the game is such a huge jump from high school to college in general. He's coming to the SEC, which is the pinnacle of college football. It was stated at the ELITE11 that he was behind most of the QB's there from a developmental standpoint, but the natural gifts were prevalent. If we have to start Jackson day 1 we are in big trouble.
We are already in big trouble and will be next year with Hooker gone next year.

Big difference between doing it in high school and college. Look at Clemsons QB. He is straight up garbage and he was the #1 rated QB in his class. Maybe Jackson is better than anyone we have. But I would much rather Heupel go into the portal and get another QB and let Jackson RS.
I am afraid of getting QBs from the portal, you make a good point.

Jackson is going to be a very good QB, but anyone expecting him to come in and start day 1 will be disappointed.
The only exception might be if he is an early enrollee
Well he IS going to EE. If he’s starting day one, something (else) went wrong. If we’re projecting QBs that far ahead, my #1 want in the 23 class is Dante Moore, but Notre Dame being an early leader for him aside, a more ideal succession could end up being the Kansas Kid in that class. VN Engineering never works out but when in Rome…

He plays for the best team in Indiana and only throws the ball 14 times a game. There's going to be a big learning curve. It'll take a season or two to adjust.
True but when you see him throw the ball you can see the potential. I’m surprised his school runs that style of offense with him at QB

Reactions: VolForLife83
I hope he comes in and starts day one. Get bus tickets for the other ones and have them go to Fresno state.

Four touchdowns per game and one interception. OK for me. If we only win eight games next year I’ll shut up and be happy about it.
8 wins would be an absolute dream scenario for this team next year regardless of who starts at QB. You might need to reset those expectations lol

Reactions: Catbone
I hope he comes in and starts day one. Get bus tickets for the other ones and have them go to Fresno state.

Four touchdowns per game and one interception. OK for me. If we only win eight games next year I’ll shut up and be happy about it.
ONLY EIGHT?!?!? WTF

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
I think a lot of people that were on the Bailey train now realize Hooker is better and will be drafted to the NFL after a storybook rest of this season.They know he has one more year eligibility.
I’ve been very happy with Hooker’s play so far, but I’m not seeing NFL type skills yet. Hopefully he will continue to progress and play his way onto an NFL roster! Seems like a good guy

I think a lot of people that were on the Bailey train now realize Hooker is better and will be drafted to the NFL after a storybook rest of this season.They know he has one more year eligibility.
They’re WAY jumping the gun! He needs the extra year.

I’ve been very happy with Hooker’s play so far, but I’m not seeing NFL type skills yet. Hopefully he will continue to progress and play his way onto an NFL roster! Seems like a good guy
We got a few more “what the **** is he doing?” and “get him the **** out of there!”s left THIS season. I declared a week and a half ago that he was the best option and that he’ll get better and better each game. That doesn’t get you even drafted. A return season (if predictions come true about a finish to THIS season) and streamlining his skills while the spotlight is on is what tips the scouts. Carts running way ahead of horses!

Hooker will be back next year, y’all need to chill Jackson won’t possibly start till his 2nd year unless the kid is just that special

Reactions: VolByLaw
Hooker will be back next year, y’all need to chill Jackson won’t possibly start till his 2nd year unless the kid is just that special
Even if he doesn’t come back I’m sure top transfer QBs will be interested in playing for Heupel. Chances of us hitting on an elite QB will be higher than it ever was since maybe Cutcliffe.

Reactions: sjt18 and walkenvol

VN Store

Back