QB Hendon Hooker Best Transfer From Last Year.

Yep and as they say the rest is history and some still trying to argue the events that became history. I was a Bailey guy all the way but Hendon was the guy and that easy to see so yes I agree with you 100%.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
It u consider from an all around stand point it has to be Hooker hands down.What he did combined with the energy hype brought way insane.The way the D fed off the offense.Their was a buzz in the air already,but Milton had a few starting to worry,until Hooker took over.He single handily lit that fire ans the rest of Rose guys answered the Bell and most gave it their all.

*New phone sux man,took m3 way to long to write that n this much less correct it all...haha yall spare ur buddy please šŸ˜¬šŸ˜‚

Reactions: -GiveHim6-
Name a transfer anywhere that is a legitimate Heisman contender please. . .

When you find one, come back and look for blue boy. . . I'll be holding my breath.
Kenneth Walker, won the Doak Walker and the Walter Camp awards, unanimous All-American, finished 6th in Heisman voting. If we are going into next year, that's easy too, Caleb Williams is a much stronger Heisman contender (that's what you are asking). Hadn't seen a whole lot of folks outside of Tennessee message boards or Tennessee media touting Hooker as a Heisman contender either honestly, not that he doesn't have the ability to work his way into it, right now there are multiple transfers with better odds:

2022 College Football Heisman Trophy Odds | Who Will Win the Heisman Odds | VegasInsider

Last edited:
Kenneth Walker, won the Doak Walker and the Walter Camp awards, unanimous All-American, finished 6th in Heisman voting. If we are going into next year, that's easy too, Caleb Williams is a much stronger Heisman contender (that's what you are asking). Hadn't seen a whole lot of folks outside of Tennessee message boards or Tennessee media touting Hooker as a Heisman contender either honestly, not that he doesn't have the ability to work his way into it, right now there are multiple transfers with better odds:

2022 College Football Heisman Trophy Odds | Who Will Win the Heisman Odds | VegasInsider
2 players who are arguably better transfers. Hooker did more for his team overall than those guys, based on what he replaced and his performance. If the team was better overall, there would be much more talk about the Heisman.

Is it ok to wonder if another transfer would have been as successful with Heupel as the coach? I would rather have a coach that can make a qb good rather than a qb transfer that can make a coach look good.

Is it ok to wonder if another transfer would have been as successful with Heupel as the coach? I would rather have a coach that can make a qb good rather than a qb transfer that can make a coach look good.
I think I want both.

love posts like this .....back up a solid post with some actual facts that win your argument. Nicely done.

Reactions: Frozevol
If only last year, hands down Hooker, if just a transfer, Velus Jones needs to be considered. Without him Hooker's doesn't have all the numbers as well as Tilman.

I like/respect H Hooker for what he has accomplished... But Jameson Williams was a transfer last year too.

Pretty predictable response.
You disagree? It'd be hard for me to argue with a straight face that Hooker was better than a guy who won the Walter Camp, won the Doak Walker, was a unanimous All-American, led his team to an 11-2 record after being 2-5 the year before, etc. Hooker was good, Walker had an amazing year though, he had more yards in a single season than any Vol running back ever has had in a season and just as many touchdowns. If he was ours we'd be laughing our butts off at anyone who said he wasn't the best transfer. We've all got to take off the coke bottle thick orange glasses once in awhile.

Kenneth Walker III Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

Last edited:
Fans living in a bubble...only know of UT transfers. Just like fans thinking our team is disrespected or hated on...because 90% of what we read is just about ourselves. Selection bias.

But HH was a monster transfer. And if you look at it more from a "value added" or WAR perspective, you may have a strong (albeit very hypothetical) argument. It's hard to tell how Milton would've progressed, but I'm sure we're all very happy we had HH last year. And now we have a top QB going into this season.

You disagree? It'd be hard for me to argue with a straight face that Hooker was better than a guy who won the Walter Camp, won the Doak Walker, was a unanimous All-American, led his team to an 11-2 record after being 2-5 the year before, etc. Hooker was good, Walker had an amazing year though, he had more yards in a single season than any Vol running back ever has had in a season and just as many touchdowns. If he was ours we'd be laughing our butts off at anyone who said he wasn't the best transfer. We've all got to take off the coke bottle thick orange glasses once in awhile.

Yeah thats a strong argument, but did you know that quarterback is by far the most difficult position in football?

We just saw Ty Chandler dominate the ACC after being an afterthought here. What Walker did just isn't as impressive as Hooker.

Hendon completely transformed this entire program. He had 31 TD's to 3 INT's in the SEC with a relatively weak roster and no offensive line essentially. Walker is just another really good running back at Michigan State and he played on a way more complete team. Their program wasn't in shambles.

Funny how dominating the soft ass slow big ten as a running back is more impressive than making practically the worst offense in America a top 10 offense in one year.

Fans living in a bubble...only know of UT transfers. Just like fans thinking our team is disrespected or hated on...because 90% of what we read is just about ourselves. Selection bias.

But HH was a monster transfer. And if you look at it more from a "value added" or WAR perspective, you may have a strong (albeit very hypothetical) argument. It's hard to tell how Milton would've progressed, but I'm sure we're all very happy we had HH last year. And now we have a top QB going into this season.
It's simple. QB is the most impactful position in football BY FAR and out of all the QB transfers Hooker was probably the most impactful.

I don't actually take national awards all that serious including the Heisman. More politics than performance. To say there is one "best" player overall or at a particular position is ridiculous. Walker had a great season... and he probably isn't the best RB in the country. Badie ran for almost 1500 vs the SEC with no help. Breece Hall has the NFL licking their chops. You could argue all day and still wouldn't prove Walker was the "best"... because it isn't possible.

My point is that you seem to never miss an opportunity to set a UT fan straight if they get too excited about a player or something positive about the program.

Yeah thats a strong argument, but did you know that quarterback is by far the most difficult position in football?

We just saw Ty Chandler dominate the ACC after being an afterthought here. What Walker did just isn't as impressive as Hooker.

Hendon completely transformed this entire program. He had 31 TD's to 3 INT's in the SEC with a relatively weak roster and no offensive line essentially. Walker is just another really good running back at Michigan State and he played on a way more complete team. Their program wasn't in shambles.

Funny how dominating the soft ass slow big ten as a running back is more impressive than making practically the worst offense in America a top 10 offense in one year.
Walker became a household name to CFB fans this year. Hooker had a good year, and I'm glad as hell he's coming back, but not a lot of fans even know who he is outside of our state. SMH.

I don't actually take national awards all that serious including the Heisman. More politics than performance. To say there is one "best" player overall or at a particular position is ridiculous. Walker had a great season... and he probably isn't the best RB in the country. Badie ran for almost 1500 vs the SEC with no help. Breece Hall has the NFL licking their chops. You could argue all day and still wouldn't prove Walker was the "best"... because it isn't possible.

My point is that you seem to never miss an opportunity to set a UT fan straight if they get too excited about a player or something positive about the program.
I also go after insanely negative posts. I've been arguing against the "Heupel can't croot" narrative for a good year now. I didn't know whether OP was saying best transfer just at Tennessee or CFB, so that's why I answered both. Looks like some other people were confused also.

Walker became a household name to CFB fans this year. Hooker had a good year, and I'm glad as hell he's coming back, but not a lot of fans even know who he is outside of our state. SMH.
Everybody in the ACC knows who he is.

Neither one is much of a household name. I doubt many outside of the Big Ten know who Kenneth Walker is.

VN Store

Back