Pyramids on Mars?

as far as building structures, thats really a non factor. the pyramid is the strongest structure one can build with stone. all (most) of their other buildings probably fell down or were destroyed, pyramids are a lot more difficult to disassemble. I am willing to bet their architectural styles were considerably different at the time, just what we have left are the strongest structures.

Sure, yet you are completely dismissing the fact that both moved stone and materials too heavy and too far with the technology to do so (we can argue Egypt through thousands of slaves and human life at them to do it, but still), the fact they lined them up perfectly with constellations and individual stars millennia before the telescope was invented, and have near identical stories of where and how their gods came to them to give them the information to do all of this, despite having the ocean and hundreds of years (in their primes) between them.

Plus, we have entire cities of the Inca, Maya, and Aztec cultures left. Not all of those buildings are pyramids or ziggurats, so it's not just the strongest that are left. (pro tip, google chrome doesn't recognize ziggurat as a word)

And we're still ignoring the Nazca in this discussion sadly.

I'm not saying aliens did it, by any means. We have no evidence of it. But I don't believe in random coincidence that two vastly different cultures had such similar religious and architectural/mathematical advancements so far apart in time and distance.

Unless they are all the outcast "idiots" of Atlantis's Eugenics program when they launched into space or built at the bottom of the ocean

Reactions: 3 people
Sure, yet you are completely dismissing the fact that both moved stone and materials too heavy and too far with the technology to do so (we can argue Egypt through thousands of slaves and human life at them to do it, but still), the fact they lined them up perfectly with constellations and individual stars millennia before the telescope was invented, and have near identical stories of where and how their gods came to them to give them the information to do all of this, despite having the ocean and hundreds of years (in their primes) between them.

Plus, we have entire cities of the Inca, Maya, and Aztec cultures left. Not all of those buildings are pyramids or ziggurats, so it's not just the strongest that are left. (pro tip, google chrome doesn't recognize ziggurat as a word)

And we're still ignoring the Nazca in this discussion sadly.

I'm not saying aliens did it, by any means. We have no evidence of it. But I don't believe in random coincidence that two vastly different cultures had such similar religious and architectural/mathematical advancements so far apart in time and distance.

Unless they are all the outcast "idiots" of Atlantis's Eugenics program when they launched into space or built at the bottom of the ocean

1. as far as materials too heavy the aztecs had slaves as well. two they are not too heavy to move. the history channel (back when it was actually on history) did several proofs of this. I just watched a video of ~50 guys "walking" a Moa. you can do these things
2. When you are developing as a culture you do it a long certain guidelines based on trial and error, ie. the pyramids as the strongest. the mayan ruins (i have seen some of them in person) were all/vast majority governmental/religious in use, we don't have much true cities left were the hoi poi lived. and what we know of the three cultures (Indian/SE asia, central america and egypt) is that their architecture varied completely on region bases that are consistent with what you would do without aliens.
3. The mayans also had a calendar that stopped, seems like they didn't have it all figured out. They studied this stuff mixing science and religion. again going back to the architecture, and only speaking for the Central American tribes here, many of their temples were used to mark the various location of a certain star at a certain time. they figured this out by placing sticks in the ground that pointed at the star, and waited until that instance happened again. these guys showed outstanding patience that isn't found today. again nothing extraterrestrial about it.
4. as far as the gods go, you are an ancient primitive man that doesn't understand much of nothing. of course you are going to worship the sun god, the moon god, and find importance in the stars.
5. what is up with the thousands of years lay over between alien visits? we teach the egyptians now wait 3,000 years and then teach the same thing to the mayans? how does that follow? why not check in on the egyptians? with both of those cultures you can trace back their "cultural evolution" to those points. its not like suddenly out of the blue they started worshiping the same thing. and maybe the reason they have similar stories is because we (humans) are a lot more similar than we want to admit.
6. as far as Nazca what about them? they believed their gods were in the sky and so built/made monuments only the gods could see. makes sense to me.

again I believe their is alien life out there, I am at the least willing to accept they might have visited the earth in the past, even "recent past". i don't believe the things mentioned here are proof positive of that.

all of this still does nothing to address my OP that it is a pretty crappy pyramid in both locations more easily attributed to natural features than aliens who can travel space but build terrible pyramids.

VN Store

Back