Purdue goes down!

We match up well against Marquette/KState. The Final Four isn’t a pipe dream - beat a bunch of inexperienced freshmen, beat a 9 or 16 seed, beat a team we match up well with in the Elite Eight, then we’re in Houston. Just need Barnes to keep these guys focused. 72-59 today vs Duke.

If your Purdue you’ve gotta think about moving on from Painter. Great regular season coach but if awful in March.

Reactions: ArdentVol
They owe more than that. I will never forget the sound in Nissan stadium when they played that on the Jumbotron. It was like a 100million people being told the milkshake machine is down at the drive-thru in the same instant.
100 Million people should know that the shake machine has been broken for about 2 and a half decades now .

Reactions: SpookyAction
This was a great game I love march madness
20 years ago I watched every game of March Madness. Loved every David vs Goliath game. Even when to lower seeds lost, I loved seeing their players get their shot at glory.
I grew to dislike both the college and NBA games and stopped watching every BB game until Barnes was hired.

Now I only watch UT, but I really miss the great post-up baseline game and mid-range shots teams used in decades past. I know that game went away with the analytics that pushed the big, strong players aside for long-range shooters and hands-off style of today's game. I enjoyed great dribblers and tight defense.

I am a basketball dinosaur.

I coached 5th grade basketball for six years at my school and my players were constantly not allowed to play defense and push the ball to the basket for layups. Refs called constant fouls and charges when no rules were broken because I coached them to play defense and take short, high percentage shots using the backboard.

The Refs kept telling me that is not how basketball is played. They were all in their early 20's. I kept asking why they were calling charges only on one team in our league. I said the defenders were not ever set prior to the call. They kept telling me a charge is when a dribbler pushes a defender. Our basketball opponents would flop like soccer players and get constant foul calls. The refs also always called fouls on any screen or pick between the foul line and the basket, which is what I coached. Players could pick and screen at will between the 3-pt and foul lines. The refs called games that could only be played from the 3 point line.

I loved coaching because I was feeding kids to our middle school team who had never previously even learned to dribble or shoot correctly, but I could not enjoy it anymore. I coached at our county's tiny rural K-8 school with all the short kids who hadn't played city league their whole lives. I did win one county championship because that was the only year I had two kids strong enough to shoot 3s and I taught them how to setup a system of one to shoot a 3 and the other to be in position for a rebound, then kick the ball back outside.
I hate the 2023 style of basketball. I miss old man, Michael Jordan / Julius Eriving basketball.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pennheel
100 Million people should know that the shake machine has been broken for about 2 and a half decades now .

The story of how one McDonald's franchise owner hacked the machines to actually work and the manufacturer and McDonald's sued him. He was ruining the constant maintenance scam. He figured out how the machines are programmed to break down for no reason.

They Hacked McDonald’s Ice Cream Machines—and Started a Cold War
McDonalds Ice Cream Machine Hacking Has a Twist

That’s awesome.
McBroken
This is a website that shows you the McDonalds' in your area with working or broken ice cream machines.
No milkshakes here in Savannah.
I hope McDonald's lawsuit to bankrupt the guy who figured out how make the machine tell employees how to fix the machines on the spot gets dismissed.
Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 14-47-19 mcbroken.png

Reactions: Fightmaker
20 years ago I watched every game of March Madness. Loved every David vs Goliath game. Even when to lower seeds lost, I loved seeing their players get their shot at glory.
I grew to dislike both the college and NBA games and stopped watching every BB game until Barnes was hired.

Now I only watch UT, but I really miss the great post-up baseline game and mid-range shots teams used in decades past. I know that game went away with the analytics that pushed the big, strong players aside for long-range shooters and hands-off style of today's game. I enjoyed great dribblers and tight defense.

I am a basketball dinosaur.

I coached 5th grade basketball for six years at my school and my players were constantly not allowed to play defense and push the ball to the basket for layups. Refs called constant fouls and charges when no rules were broken because I coached them to play defense and take short, high percentage shots using the backboard.

The Refs kept telling me that is not how basketball is played. They were all in their early 20's. I kept asking why they were calling charges only on one team in our league. I said the defenders were not ever set prior to the call. They kept telling me a charge is when a dribbler pushes a defender. Our basketball opponents would flop like soccer players and get constant foul calls. The refs also always called fouls on any screen or pick between the foul line and the basket, which is what I coached. Players could pick and screen at will between the 3-pt and foul lines. The refs called games that could only be played from the 3 point line.

I loved coaching because I was feeding kids to our middle school team who had never previously even learned to dribble or shoot correctly, but I could not enjoy it anymore. I coached at our county's tiny rural K-8 school with all the short kids who hadn't played city league their whole lives. I did win one county championship because that was the only year I had two kids strong enough to shoot 3s and I taught them how to setup a system of one to shoot a 3 and the other to be in position for a rebound, then kick the ball back outside.
I hate the 2023 style of basketball. I miss old man, Michael Jordan / Julius Eriving basketball.
Great post Go Vols

VN Store

Back