Puerto Rico tip off Bracket/preview

Story lines:
Depending on how the tournament plays out, some interesting storylines could emerge for Tennessee in San Juan. Should UT square off against Oklahoma State, former Vols center Philip Jurick - who redshirted in 2008-09 before transferring - could take the court against his former school. A native of Chattanooga, Tenn., Jurick will be a 6-11, 270-pound senior with the Cowboys this season.

And if Tennessee ends up playing Providence, Tyler Harris, the younger brother of former UT Freshman All-American and current Milwaukee Bucks forward Tobias Harris, will occupy a seat on the opposite bench. Harris would not be in action, however, as he must sit out the 2012-13 season after transferring from NC State (ironically, also in the Puerto Rico Tip-Off field).

Additionally, if a Tennessee-Akron matchup materialized, it would be the first-ever meeting between the two programs.
And
The entire Puerto Rico Tip-Off will be available through WatchESPN, accessible online at WatchESPN.com and through smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app to fans who receive their video subscription from an affiliated provider.

Andy Katz likes us, which i appreciate. Disappointing no one went out on a limb to pick us but that's all well and good. Can't wait for this season and glad to see the draw, it definitely has it set up for us to play NC state in the ship.

He's garbage, and a sketchy person.

He's from Chattanooga, same as me, so when he went to UT under Pearl, I was interested in seeing what he had to offer.

Left UT without ever playing a minute, went off the radar while he was in JuCo (Chatt State, lol), then turns back up at Okie State. I saw him play in a college game for the first time last season and he looks ridiculous.

Covered in tatoos but his game is about as hard as a kitten convention.

Last edited:
He's from Chattanooga, same as me, so when he went to UT under Pearl, I was interested in seeing what he had to offer.

Left UT without ever playing a minute, went off the radar while he was in JuCo (Chatt State, lol), then turns back up at Okie State. I saw him play in a college game for the first time last season and he looks ridiculous.

Covered in tatoos but his game is about as hard a kitten convention.

I know I definitely saw him log some minutes at TBA, but I don't remember if they were exhibition games or not.

I could care less about his tattoos, but he tried to solicit sex from my ex over FB while he was in Knoxville. Dude didn't have anywhere close to a chance even though he thought he was the shiz. I guess I can't blame him because I know he was getting nothing from the usual bball groupies.

I know I definitely saw him log some minutes at TBA, but I don't remember if they were exhibition games or not.

I could care less about his tattoos, but he tried to solicit sex from my ex over FB while he was in Knoxville. Dude didn't have anywhere close to a chance even though he thought he was the shiz. I guess I can't blame him because I know he was getting nothing from the usual bball groupies.

must have been exhibition

If I had a nickel for every dude who I've talked to who has a story about a college athlete asking for sex from their g/f, I'd have a **** load of nickels. Shawn Taggert (Memphis F from 2008-2009) asked my then g/f and her friend if they wanted to have a threesome within 5 seconds of meeting them at a football game.

I guess for athletes with no game, that's the best shot they have. Someone's gotta say yes at some point.

If I had a nickel for every dude who I've talked to who has a story about a college athlete asking for sex from their g/f, I'd have a **** load of nickels. Shawn Taggert (Memphis F from 2008-2009) asked my then g/f and her friend if they wanted to have a threesome within 5 seconds of meeting them at a football game.

I guess for athletes with no game, that's the best shot they have. Someone's gotta say yes at some point.

They're just playing the odds.

After Maymon's performance against Memphis in Maui last year, I'm a little surprised he's not on the "players to watch" list for this tourney. It's unlikely that he'll duplicate that performance, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him put up a 20/20 against one of these teams with a soft front court. Easier to do that early in the season.

I might take those days off to make sure I watch the games.

Yeah man. She hit me up too. Kept talking about football while I was in a basketball mood. You know I had to get nasty

:eek:lol: j/k.
That's a funny story though and lol @ the bball groupies!! There's tons so it's sad the poor kid was pullin' FB moves

After Maymon's performance against Memphis in Maui last year, I'm a little surprised he's not on the "players to watch" list for this tourney. It's unlikely that he'll duplicate that performance, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him put up a 20/20 against one of these teams with a soft front court. Easier to do that early in the season.

I'm just surprised it was Katz doing the write-up. I bet if Jimmy Dykes would have done it, he would have nailed "the size 20 shoe" text about three times in the paragraph!@

NCST should be picked to win this tourny. I would be surprised if any of the experts thought differently. They are preseason top 5 team. Even though I do think they will be upset by UT in the finals. The Italy trip will be huge for UT. They should be more than ready to play by mid Nov. While other teams are still trying to develop cohesiveness UT will be a well oiled machine.

Any time together like this is a good thing but I don't think it puts UT at an advantage because you see so many teams doing this In fact, NC State is traveling to Spain. The only good thing is their starting PG will be out until October and I think that's the earliest. Gottfried said Brown was no where near healthy and hopes to have him playing when practice starts.

Can't wait to see Leslie and Stokes in the paint! Should be a GREAT matchup!

Any time together like this is a good thing but I don't think it puts UT at an advantage because you see so many teams doing this In fact, NC State is traveling to Spain. The only good thing is their starting PG will be out until October and I think that's the earliest. Gottfried said Brown was no where near healthy and hopes to have him playing when practice starts.

Can't wait to see Leslie and Stokes in the paint! Should be a GREAT matchup!

Wow hadn't heard that about their PG, that could be huge.

Wow hadn't heard that about their PG, that could be huge.

Indeed. He had knee surgery a month ago I think and there not really sure what caused it or what happend. I read an article from SI that had CMG talking about their overseas trip and how they'll learn to play with their frosh PG.

Brown is an amazing player and huge leader for that team so without him, I don't think they do well at all.

VN Store

Back