Puerto Rico statehood

Volunteer inordinately per capita to defend your freedom in places like Afghanistan and Iraq. Or so neocons describe it.

But, seriously, defend you in WWI, WWII, and Korea (well, that's not really defense in Korea, but still).

Let me ask you this. If the population of Puerto Rico would overwhelmingly vote raging conservative, would you be more inclined to bring them into the fold?

Actually, don't even answer that. I already know the answer.

Wrong again genius. We actually do know how to check facts.

Reactions: 1 person
Volunteer inordinately per capita to defend your freedom in places like Afghanistan and Iraq. Or so neocons describe it.

But, seriously, defend you in WWI, WWII, and Korea (well, that's not really defense in Korea, but still).

Let me ask you this. If the population of Puerto Rico would overwhelmingly vote raging conservative, would you be more inclined to bring them into the fold?

Actually, don't even answer that. I already know the answer.

So, by that reasoning you think The Philippines should become a state.

Reactions: 1 person
Puerto Ricans voted against statehood in every referendum until 2012. What happened to change their view? In 2003 the U.S. Navy stopped using the island of Vieques for bombing practice due to protests and the request of the PR governor. The unintended consequence of that was the closing of Roosevelt Roads Naval Station since it was no longer needed as a base for training pilots. This resulted in a huge hit on the PR economy and then the next referendum (2012) they voted to become a state.

Once more, to see the reasons behind the actions just follow the money.

Then cut them loose completely.

I'm okay with either full sovereignty or statehood, the current situation is too much like kissing your sister. The only problem i see is that as a state they would contribute to the general welfare whereas if they were a separate country we would probably have a defense agreement and provide them with foreign aid.

Puerto Ricans voted against statehood in every referendum until 2012. What happened to change their view? In 2003 the U.S. Navy stopped using the island of Vieques for bombing practice due to protests and the request of the PR governor. The unintended consequence of that was the closing of Roosevelt Roads Naval Station since it was no longer needed as a base for training pilots. This resulted in a huge hit on the PR economy and then the next referendum (2012) they voted to become a state.

Once more, to see the reasons behind the actions just follow the money.

Puerto Rico Statehooders See Opportunity as Woes Deepen

I was listening to Peter Schiff on the Joe Rogan podcast and he has moved himself and his businesses to Puerto Rico. They have no federal taxes and you don't have to become an ex-pat to move there. Just jump on a plane, it's that easy. They have local taxes that are higher than our state and county taxes, but not even close to as much when you add our federal on top of that.

He says they would be crazy to want to become a state. Yeah, some people want our welfare benefits, but they'd also be absorbing US debt. They have debt troubles, but nowhere near as much per capita as we do.

I was listening to Peter Schiff on the Joe Rogan podcast and he has moved himself and his businesses to Puerto Rico. They have no federal taxes and you don't have to become an ex-pat to move there. Just jump on a plane, it's that easy. They have local taxes that are higher than our state and county taxes, but not even close to as much when you add our federal on top of that.

He says they would be crazy to want to become a state. Yeah, some people want our welfare benefits, but they'd also be absorbing US debt. They have debt troubles, but nowhere near as much per capita as we do.
When are you leaving?

VN Store

Back