PSA: Support Spyre and The Volunteer Club

If you like the Vols enough to follow all of this stuff, I think you should like them enough to support here. Realize everyone’s circumstances are different but it goes a long way. Would be a shame to not be able to build on all the momentum we have.
Are you saying we don’t have enough money to compete with other programs?

I think we are at a really interesting time in UT history. I think it is drastically important to donate to these companies. Our offense is sustaining us right now and giving us massive momentum. The problem is two things imo:

1. Defenses will eventually figure out how to defend it. This isn’t to say it is “gimmicky” but rather we are capitalizing on system right now. Eventually, we need to capitalize on system AND elite talent as teams get acclimated.

2. Other teams are going to mimic concepts in our offense. We won’t be the only team that runs it anymore. This is already starting to happen. So, players will be able to go to A&M, Miami, etc. to run similar concepts AND get paid.

We need to be able to pay elite recruits/portal transfers. This is the best way to sustain long-term success as other teams adjust to the revolution our offense.

I think we are at a really interesting time in UT history. I think it is drastically important to donate to these companies. Our offense is sustaining us right now and giving us massive momentum. The problem is two things imo:

1. Defenses will eventually figure out how to defend it. This isn’t to say it is “gimmicky” but rather we are capitalizing on system right now. Eventually, we need to capitalize on system AND elite talent as teams get acclimated.

2. Other teams are going to mimic concepts in our offense. We won’t be the only team that runs it anymore. This is already starting to happen. So, players will be able to go to A&M, Miami, etc. to run similar concepts AND get paid.

We need to be able to pay elite recruits/portal transfers. This is the best way to sustain long-term success as other teams adjust to the revolution our offense.
On point #2 it might not be that easy for other teams to just copy & paste this veer and shoot system. I was reading some Baylor fan discussion and apparently several of Art Briles coaching tree has tried to implement it across CFB and failed. Heupel is not a member of the tree, but is the first coach to successfully implement it so far. With several tweaks apparently, I don’t know much about Briles original Veer and shoot and how he did it with RG3

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
Also, spread the news to all of the Volunteer fans in your life - friends, family, group chats, whatever. Every little bit helps. Beyond that, our fanbase is so supportive and in such a position that we could be the golden standard of how to do it RIGHT. Not just the billionaire boosters, but an entire fully committed, fully involved fanbase powering a juggernaut.

Also, spread the news to all of the Volunteer fans in your life - friends, family, group chats, whatever. Every little bit helps. Beyond that, our fanbase is so supportive and in such a position that we could be the golden standard of how to do it RIGHT. Not just the billionaire boosters, but an entire fully committed, fully involved fanbase powering a juggernaut.
The Packers of college football

On point #2 it might not be that easy for other teams to just copy & paste this veer and shoot system. I was reading some Baylor fan discussion and apparently several of Art Briles coaching tree has tried to implement it across CFB and failed. Heupel is not a member of the tree, but is the first coach to successfully implement it so far. With several tweaks apparently, I don’t know much about Briles original Veer and shoot and how he did it with RG3

Ole Miss has been running it very well and Kiffin ran it well at FAU prior. Arkansas also has done well with this system. Briles was an offensive genius but is now Voldemort (he who shall not be named) because of the rape scandal. But many of his assistants have had great success. Especially his son and son in law. And Briles had great success with multiple QBs

Love getting the autographed player photos and the volunteer club helped with my proposal by having Ziegler make a custom video message. Couldn’t be happier with what they do and am proud to rock my old school 1951 club sticker on the car
I too am old school 1951 club. Lol. Even though it didn’t last very long it’s still cool to say. I wish I would have gotten the Hyatt autograph, but I got the Hooker one so still super cool.

I too am old school 1951 club. Lol. Even though it didn’t last very long it’s still cool to say. I wish I would have gotten the Hyatt autograph, but I got the Hooker one so still super cool.

I got Hooker and Baron. I was really happy with that and I’m excited to see who we get for basketball season. Will look nice to have all these hanging in the home office one day

There's the $5 dollar a month option.

If every fan did that, we'd be rocking and rolling.

Pardon me, but if you can't afford $5 a month to support a passion... then your attention should probably pull away from sports and whatever else so that you can focus on more financial stability.

Being poor doesn't make you inherently a bad person... but it absolutely sucks.
And not having money can make you do desperate things.

Have a passion for life as well for the Vols.

There's the $5 dollar a month option.

If every fan did that, we'd be rocking and rolling.

Pardon me, but if you can't afford $5 a month to support a passion... then your attention should probably pull away from sports and whatever else so that you can focus on more financial stability.

Being poor doesn't make you inherently a bad person... but it absolutely sucks.
And not having money can make you do desperate things.

Have a passion for life as well for the Vols.
This is a dumb opinion. People get to live their life how they deem fit. People can not have money and still like sports. Money won't change where you end up brother. Asking folks for money isn't working imo. We have nico. So spyre has done that and nothing since. Where are these 5 stars. We have had nothing since bama win. I hope it works for yall and if it does I'll still enjoy my season tickets even more.

This is a dumb opinion. People get to live their life how they deem fit. People can not have money and still like sports. Money won't change where you end up brother. Asking folks for money isn't working imo. We have nico. So spyre has done that and nothing since. Where are these 5 stars. We have had nothing since bama win. I hope it works for yall and if it does I'll still enjoy my season tickets even more.

It’s not just about future recruits getting paid before coming here. Jalin Hyatt just reaped thousands of dollars from Spyre after the Alabama game. Moral of the story is if you succeed at UT, you will get paid. The UT brand has a huge platform for kids that go to school here.

It’s not just about future recruits getting paid before coming here. Jalin Hyatt just reaped thousands of dollars from Spyre after the Alabama game. Moral of the story is if you succeed at UT, you will get paid. The UT brand has a huge platform for kids that go to school here.
Ok don't tell less fortunate that they should focus on making more money than enjoying in their off time sports. People who haven't experienced troubling times can suck it.

VN Store

Back