PSA: Support Spyre and The Volunteer Club

Likely and is are two different things. Some transparency would alleviate the doubt. Some people are not asking for contract details, just some numbers. Those asking for contract specifics are being ridiculous. I understand you don't have to, and some of your reasoning makes sense, but the attitude by the majority is they aren't going to donate unless they see something definitive.

Also as I said earlier ITT, I donate regardless, because I want to help. Would I like to have a more prominent players autograph? Absolutely, but i'm going to stop giving because you didn't send me anything the second time. In. fact, I upped my donation this year because I can actually see some of the results and actually feel like I'm helping, however small it be. However, I do believe this is the way to get the lower income fans to give, and maybe even some of the fence riders. Not everyone is willing to give regardless of what is given in return.

Wouldn't you and Spyre agree that we need all the help we can get? I would have thought when this began thatg we would have way more than 4000 members by now.
I’m not posting anything publicly or in digital format. Come to an event and ask in person.

Reactions: VOLfrombama
Some of y'all need to chill. Apply to become a captain like Eric and Murphy and help expand it. My plan is the next Jacksonville alumni watch party, I'll go and talk up VC. I did on Monday to several people.

Would I like to have things to help spread that word? Sure but also it's nice as a normal fan and talking about it. I live in Florida and I'm responsible for 4 others signing up. In Florida and without going to anything Tennessee except the tamu game and Iowa game. I think we all need to expand ourselves too.

Eric, I'll accept a full helmet when they do the inventory sale. I'll take a black one and a white one. Kthanks.

No but seriously it sucks being in Florida during those inventory sales. Can never get a legit helmet.

I think it’s been discussed before, but no way to do a point-of-sale “add $1 to Vol Club” at the concession stand, campus bookstore, even third-party apparel stores, etc.?
All these are great ideas that if we can get UT to agree to (and can do legally) are things we’d love to do.

Reactions: KptVFL
I think it’s been discussed before, but no way to do a point-of-sale “add $1 to Vol Club” at the concession stand, campus bookstore, even third-party apparel stores, etc.?
Not possible. Although we have thought about selling UT TVC branded cups for the game where we make a profit selling them the cups.

Reactions: KptVFL
Not possible. Although we have thought about selling UT TVC branded cups for the game where we make a profit selling them the cups.
Not possible just on campus? Think the idea of doing something with sports card shops and even apparel stores throughout the state would have some potential
(though may not be perfect) — whether something like adding $1 to your total, or just selling Vol Club items (autographed items, etc.).

What would be amazing to harness the power of many small gifts would be a way to get people to add a $1 to concession orders or something — where there are hundreds of thousands of potential frictionless small-dollar transactions.

Not possible just on campus? Think the idea of doing something with sports card shops and even apparel stores throughout the state would have some potential
(though may not be perfect) — whether something like adding $1 to your total, or just selling Vol Club items (autographed items, etc.).

What would be amazing to harness the power of many small gifts would be a way to get people to add a $1 to concession orders or something — where there are hundreds of thousands of potential frictionless small-dollar transactions.
It’s not possible with anything that the university of Tennessee sales. But we could do just about anything off-campus we wanted to.

Why can’t you give to multiple places?

$25 a month is nothing to some and a lot to others. I’m not telling anyone how to spend their money but who are others to judge how they want to?

I can give $100 to the club, $200 church, $200 to a charity, etc. You can support many causes and things that make you happy. I want to win a championship so I give and I also give to a lot of things that are important to me and my family. Also, send money to GOAL and Rural Hospitals for the tax credits mostly but I’m glad I help people with it too.
Absolutely. Try reading my post again. Spyre Group is not in the top 10 for me. Sorry. NIL is ruining college football. Real soon, there are going to be the haves and nave nots... no 'middle class'. And if the portal isn't corralled, in another few years it won't be worth watching.

You’ve accumulated almost 50k posts on a forum when time is the most valuable resource you have but go on and preach how those of us willing to spare a measley $25 a month to help our team potentially win have lost perspective on what’s important.

I absollutely love guys that get wrapped up on post count. My time here is 'wasted' in a very efficient way. Mostly it iw between market trades or when I am sitting down reading other things and need a break. And I am not 'preaching' about anything. I couldn't care less how you spend your money. Just don't tell me I don't love the VOLS because I am not contributing to the funds that buy players.

I absollutely love guys that get wrapped up on post count. My time here is 'wasted' in a very efficient way. Mostly it iw between market trades or when I am sitting down reading other things and need a break. And I am not 'preaching' about anything. I couldn't care less how you spend your money. Just don't tell me I don't love the VOLS because I am not contributing to the funds that buy players.

I could tell by how you told the fans who wanted to contribute to NIL lost perspective.

😉

reading up on some posts in here got me thinking about another way to get the word out or at least reward members.

Have a Vol Club section in the stadiums, granted this would take partnering with the school or at least coordinating with them. doesn't have to be that big, but maybe a max of 100 seats for baseball, 250 for basketball, 500 for football. have a rotating lottery type system that you have to contribute a certain amount towards VC to be included. Not very high so that even people with 5 bucks monthly have a chance, or weight it somehow. Maybe the 5 dollar people can get 5% of the tickets, higher tiers get higher percentages. Once you win during a season your name is removed for future games that season, and you have to claim the tickets or it goes to the next person and your name returns to the bucket. the section would be branded so everyone can see it and talk about. cool chance for donors to get together too and know like minded people are around them.

and it would be a HUGE marketing ploy if you had a past player in that section. Meeting Al Wilson at an event before the game, pretty cool; being able to cheer and high five with Al Wilson while we are playing Florida?!!! Freaking forget about it! THAT would be unique. would also help get the word out if the Jumbotron is constantly showing these players in the Vol Club section with fans around them cheering.

Would also be cool if your membership got you discounts at sporting event concessions or hotels. as an out of towner the biggest hold up for me going to a game is it can be over 1000 bucks to stay in a hotel down town or nearby for an SEC game, it would be a real incentive if I could get a Vol Club rate at some partnering hotels.

some other unique experiences that would be pretty cool would be some "behind the scenes" tours with players. touring the facilities with a current player. you could also figure out something special with the players who are injured or not playing, maybe on field access to chat with them before a game or practice, have them talk about what's going on and answer questions. keeps them engaged if they are sidelined, but they would also be available where the healthy players have to focus on the game or practice, and it gives the fans a unique experience. would of course require big buy in from the program and coaches too.

just throwing out some ideas.

Sell athlete bobble heads at the concession. That's literally the kind of thing NIL is for. It's literally their likeness.

Put pictures of the players on the soda cups. You just used their likeness. Pay the collective that owns the rights.

Add an option for an autographed koozi with a beer purchase. Pay the collective that owns the rights to that signature.

No way the NCAA can legally cause problems, as saying the stadium can't do it is artificially undermining the player's best place to promote their NIL.

reading up on some posts in here got me thinking about another way to get the word out or at least reward members.

Have a Vol Club section in the stadiums, granted this would take partnering with the school or at least coordinating with them. doesn't have to be that big, but maybe a max of 100 seats for baseball, 250 for basketball, 500 for football. have a rotating lottery type system that you have to contribute a certain amount towards VC to be included. Not very high so that even people with 5 bucks monthly have a chance, or weight it somehow. Maybe the 5 dollar people can get 5% of the tickets, higher tiers get higher percentages. Once you win during a season your name is removed for future games that season, and you have to claim the tickets or it goes to the next person and your name returns to the bucket. the section would be branded so everyone can see it and talk about. cool chance for donors to get together too and know like minded people are around them.

and it would be a HUGE marketing ploy if you had a past player in that section. Meeting Al Wilson at an event before the game, pretty cool; being able to cheer and high five with Al Wilson while we are playing Florida?!!! Freaking forget about it! THAT would be unique. would also help get the word out if the Jumbotron is constantly showing these players in the Vol Club section with fans around them cheering.

Would also be cool if your membership got you discounts at sporting event concessions or hotels. as an out of towner the biggest hold up for me going to a game is it can be over 1000 bucks to stay in a hotel down town or nearby for an SEC game, it would be a real incentive if I could get a Vol Club rate at some partnering hotels.

some other unique experiences that would be pretty cool would be some "behind the scenes" tours with players. touring the facilities with a current player. you could also figure out something special with the players who are injured or not playing, maybe on field access to chat with them before a game or practice, have them talk about what's going on and answer questions. keeps them engaged if they are sidelined, but they would also be available where the healthy players have to focus on the game or practice, and it gives the fans a unique experience. would of course require big buy in from the program and coaches too.

just throwing out some ideas.
@Ericvol2096 @jvols1999 @MurphyVol

Reactions: VolPack22

VN Store

Back