PSA : Stop Tarnishing the Tennessee Brand

Vols All Day

As an alumni of the University of Tennessee and lifelong fan, I would greatly appreciate it if those who lack the character of a decent human being would stop wearing the Tennessee brand when you are out acting a fool. I don’t want to share the video in the hopes that it won’t go viral, but actions like the one depicted in the video hurt the Tennessee brand tremendously. I know of numerous schools who have to bring students they are recruiting to the side and explain that images like the one attached do not represent what the University stands for. If you or someone you know have strong opinions and cannot keep those opinions contained in your mind please do not wear the University of Tennessee brand.

Attachments

• DD9DED0D-F60E-43C4-94D6-07F7236CC6D2.jpeg
    DD9DED0D-F60E-43C4-94D6-07F7236CC6D2.jpeg
    762.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
As an alumni of the University of Tennessee and lifelong fan, I would greatly appreciate it if those who lack the character of a decent human being would stop wearing the Tennessee brand when you are out acting a fool. Images like the one I have attached hurt the Tennessee brand tremendously. I know of numerous schools who have to bring students they are recruiting to the side and explain that images like the one attached do not represent what the University stands for. If you or someone you know have strong opinions and cannot keep those opinions contained in your mind please do not wear the University of Tennessee brand.

Did a Karen get her Karen on again?

A little context would be great.
She was a counter-protester in Northeast Tennessee. She was yelling “white lives matter and white lives are better.” The video likely won’t go viral, but images and videos like this hurt the brand which is why the University’s athletic department came out with the statement urging fans to back the players. It time for us as fans to denounce those who continue to attempt to tarnish the brand with their foolishness.

She was a counter-protester in Northeast Tennessee. She was yelling “white lives matter and white lives are better.” The video likely won’t go viral, but images and videos like this hurt the brand which is why the University’s athletic department came out with the statement urging fans to back the players. It time for us as fans to denounce those who continue to attempt to tarnish the brand with their stupidity.

That last paragraph though .. are you sure you want to leave it like that ? You’ve been on this site since 2016 soooo are you positive you want to make that your prerequisite? 👀

Reactions: StarRaider
She was a counter-protester in Northeast Tennessee. She was yelling “white lives matter and white lives are better.” The video likely won’t go viral, but images and videos like this hurt the brand which is why the University’s athletic department came out with the statement urging fans to back the players. It time for us as fans to denounce those who continue to attempt to tarnish the brand with their stupidity.
It’s not against the law to be stupid and there is no law anywhere that says stupid people can’t be Tennessee fans.

That last paragraph though .. are you sure you want to leave it like that ? You’ve been on this site since 2016 soooo are you positive you want to make that your prerequisite? 👀
I changed it to foolishness, but I am attempting to try to help folks realize that their actions could be hurting the Tennessee brand and Tennessee in recruiting (this is why the UTAD came out with the statement). I’m not saying folks need to change their opinions or actions, but I think the University of Tennessee and the UTAD would appreciate it if you wouldn’t wear orange and white when you are out making controversial statements.

Tarnish the brand. No one cares. Every school has 1000's of people like this one. It won't stop people from attending the school or playing football. I mean FFS Ole Miss can recruit. Named for confederates. LSU can recruit. Named for confederates.

Remember: Chance to go to the NFL and earn a quick buck > most peoples feelings and integrity.

Tarnish the brand. No one cares. Every school has 1000's of people like this one. It won't stop people from attending the school or playing football. I mean FFS Ole Miss can recruit. Named for confederates. LSU can recruit. Named for confederates.

Remember: Chance to go to the NFL and earn a quick buck > most peoples feelings and integrity.
I get that every school has its fools, but it doesn’t hurt to call them out and make them think about the potential consequences their actions have. Also, I have first hand knowledge that Ole Miss has to pull people to the side regarding some of their issues and I know someone that didn’t attend Ole Miss because of the issues Ole Miss has.

It’s not against the law to be stupid and there is no law anywhere that says stupid people can’t be Tennessee fans.

Not that many NFL players have knelt when you consider there are 1600 of them. Lots of idiots have broad brushed the kneeling across the entire league. "I ain't watching them anymore!"...in my best southern, stupid ass accent

Not that many NFL players have knelt when you consider there are 1600 of them. Lots of idiots have broad brushed the kneeling across the entire league. "I ain't watching them anymore!"...in my best southern, stupid ass accent
I said $ > integrity.

She was a counter-protester in Northeast Tennessee. She was yelling “white lives matter and white lives are better.” The video likely won’t go viral, but images and videos like this hurt the brand which is why the University’s athletic department came out with the statement urging fans to back the players. It time for us as fans to denounce those who continue to attempt to tarnish the brand with their foolishness.
Sure she was 🙄

I wonder if we did a GOOGLE search of rival schools if we would find similar people???

My money would be on yes. I'm sure you have plenty of Bamas and Gatas doing the exact same thing.

Relax

Nothing that lady said was wrong though. The White Lives are Better part will probably rub a lot of people the wrong way but statistically that is a fact albeit there is no real reason to rub it in anyone's face.
This lady has multiple videos of her out. She was also spewing homophobic rhetoric. However, on the local news she stated “We need to stand united, We’re not black. We’re not yellow. We’re not white. We are America.” She really put on a real show yesterday.

Reactions: FLVOL_79

VN Store

Back