Pruitt's future here may depend on...

Once again, Helton had zero reason to be fired after one year. And guess what, he didn’t get fired and yes, he took a promotion.

It’s ok though, I would expect someone who needs ego strokes to understand a head coaching gig is a promotion over an OC gig
Getting paid $1.2 million and finishing 121 out of 129 teams is plenty of reason to be fired...but don't let facts get in the way this ridiculous argument. Serious question though...how many domestic assault charges do you have?

Reactions: TGFHeupel16
Getting paid $1.2 million and finishing 121 out of 129 teams is plenty of reason to be fired...but don't let facts get in the way this ridiculous argument. Serious question though...how many domestic assault charges do you have?

Firing an OC after the first year into a new staff with zero players on the roster he recruited is a stupid coaching move. Once again, this year’s results are no surprise. This was expected. Even if you want to dissect it, our offense wasn’t garbage all year. There were flashes. Plenty of flashes to warrant positive growth once we recruited talent.

It’s clear you’re not in a management job because your logic would have you belly up, closed doors quickly.

Firing an OC after the first year into a new staff with zero players on the roster he recruited is a stupid coaching move. Once again, this year’s results are no surprise. This was expected. Even if you want to dissect it, our offense wasn’t garbage all year. There were flashes. Plenty of flashes to warrant positive growth once we recruited talent.

It’s clear you’re not in a management job because your logic would have you belly up, closed doors quickly.
Yet the guy making millions to make this decision did just that. Btw I have an MBA and own a successful company....so, wrong again, but I won't bring the crow plate around again. Seriously though...10+ domestics? I'll bet money that it's more than 5.

Yet the guy making millions to make this decision did just that. Btw I have an MBA and own a successful company....so, wrong again, but I won't bring the crow plate around again. Seriously though...10+ domestics? I'll bet money that it's more than 5.

Please show me where Helton was fired? Must have missed that link....

View attachment 177817

Single file boys. No pushing. There is plenty for everyone. I added a few reminders in case there are any short term stoners out there.

What's your point? I stand by what I said.

Even if it's a pay cut, sometimes you move back to move forward. To be a head coach, you have to start somewhere.

Just because we don't cry the sky is falling every time we lose a game doesn't make us wrong. Maybe you should consider the long ball before you act like a baby Everytime something doesn't go your way.

What's your point? I stand by what I said.

Even if it's a pay cut, sometimes you move back to move forward. To be a head coach, you have to start somewhere.

Just because we don't cry the sky is falling every time we lose a game doesn't make us wrong. Maybe you should consider the long ball before you act like a baby Everytime something doesn't go your way.

lol....so...did you want gravy with the crow or not?

This argument would carry water if we had something better than an FCS/poor Group of 5 team-level offensive line.

For any of those still on the fence about Helton's leaving for a promotion vs being shown the door....Helton's salary here was 1.2 million and he is WKU salary is $800,000. Also it was reported this morning that Tennessee forgave his buyout of $860,000.

For any of those still on the fence about Helton's leaving for a promotion vs being shown the door....Helton's salary here was 1.2 million and he is WKU salary is $800,000. Also it was reported this morning that Tennessee forgave his buyout of $860,000.

Money <> level of job. HC is the top of the pyramid for most, not money. Hell, now he can actually run his own offense.

Money <> level of job. HC is the top of the pyramid for most, not money. Hell, now he can actually run his own offense.
And you think Tennessee just threw him an extra $860,000 because he did such a great job here?

When they start nominating dumbest posts of all time, you just earned my vote. And that includes all of D4H's BS.
I realize that Sanders wasn't impressive, in his first few season at UT. Even with a warehouse of offensive talent. But, in fairness, it was his first go around, as an OC. But, he's been fairly successful since that time. Maybe he's learned a trick or twelve, and adapted well to the style of offense being played in today's NCAA. But, I understand your opinion. Even I laughed at the thought, a few years ago. But, he has worked miracles, in Johnson City, with the Bucs.

VN Store

Back