Pruitt's deadline for a settlement is today

They were brought in by Tennessee to conduct the investigation, and the NCAA also had members of its enforcement staff sitting in as well.

Jeremy Pruitt Interviewed For Seven Hours As Part Of Tennessee Investigation

The NCAA had reps in on all of the interviews, and they are the ones that said "those are violations" giving UT grounds to fire the coaches and subsequently Pruitt.

This is awesome. I don’t see how you pay a nickel after that.

Millions for defense, not a penny for tribute.

Legally, that’s what subpoenas are for.

Practically, it depends. Hostile witnesses can sometimes be more damaging than helpful.
Again - honest question. Any civil suit filed can force anyone they decide to be disposed and a judge will issue a subpoena? Seems unreasonable to force someone to give up their time if they have no interest in being involved and are not one of the parties involved in the law suit?

So, Pruitt is threatening to "spill the beans" on boosters, and maybe administrators, if he isn't paid, even though he was ultimately responsible for the NCAA violations that resulted in his dismissal. Isn't that blackmail?

Potted meat. Remember eating that as a kid in the 60’s. That and Vienna Sausages. With saltine crackers of course. Tried them with my grand kids a couple years ago. Didn’t quite live up to the memories (actually pretty bad). Grand kids were definitely not fans. But they are fine with Moon Pies.

And yes, I’m old.

Ha! On a similar note I recently put some peanuts in a Mountain Dew, and shared with my 7 and 6 year old sons. It wasn’t anywhere near as good as I remember, and the boys didn’t like it either

I'm also pretty sure I saw a couple of reports that Pruitt was allowed to continue after compliance was made aware and their demand that some players were to be held out were ignored. In this case, the scoundrel may very well be able to do more damage to UT than UT can do to him.
Doubling down on the lies and misinformation, eh?

Last week it was just compliance office being ignored now it's also playing ineligible players. Can't wait to see next week's post.

Reactions: StarRaider
File a counter defamation suit. Will we win… probably not since they are the hardest to win. But we hit his pocketbook with lawyers we already put on retainer.

We can settle out of court for 20 bucks.
I feel like we eventually settle for a low amount to make this go away. I don’t think Pruitt or his attorney gets much out of this. I feel like the NCAA investigation will also go away shortly after this crap is resolved without much punishment.

Again - honest question. Any civil suit filed can force anyone they decide to be disposed and a judge will issue a subpoena? Seems unreasonable to force someone to give up their time if they have no interest in being involved and are not one of the parties involved in the law suit?

You have to have a basis to believe that person has information reasonably calculated to lead to the discovery of admissible evidence, and you may have to demonstrate the deposition would not be unduly burdensome in proportion to the importance of the evidence sought - but yeah.

Certainly it’s not a blank check to call witnesses to the carpet, though.

I feel like we eventually settle for a low amount to make this go away. I don’t think Pruitt or his attorney gets much out of this. I feel like the NCAA investigation will also go away shortly after this crap is resolved without much punishment.
Screw him. Don't pay him anything. If he was paying players, he knew what he was doing, he knew the rules...he made his choice...tough luck

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Potted meat. Remember eating that as a kid in the 60’s. That and Vienna Sausages. With saltine crackers of course. Tried them with my grand kids a couple years ago. Didn’t quite live up to the memories (actually pretty bad). Grand kids were definitely not fans. But they are fine with Moon Pies.

And yes, I’m old.
God what memories, add in rat cheese and some real country ham from great grand dads smoke house.... fishing in Old Hickory Lake right after it opened with my grandparents. Stringers of huge crappie that your observant servant had to clean. I still treasure those ocassions.

Same way it will end with sanctions except with some meaningless bowl games.

Meaningless bowl games. Lol. Only fans could be this stupid. Just because a bowl game means nothing to you doesn’t mean they are meaningless to the team and program. Good grief.

At the end of the day, Pruitt is a disgraced coach who got fired and somehow lucked into being a glorified towel boy in NY for the time being.

His mouthpiece talked a good game but they aren't in much of a position to be setting deadlines.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back