Pruitt waiting until AFTER ESD to hire OC?

That's what Austin Price says.

Pruitt be like.......

giphy.gif

That's pretty much it. It's journalists scrambling to appear relevant and the general public wringing it's hands over something that they won't care about 3 days after it's announced

The hand wringing is more entertaining than the search.

I really don’t care how long it takes. Just get the right fit for the HC and the staff. Sexy hire doesn’t always work out. See Bob Shoop.

I really can't imagine there is any advantage in waiting. I personally would want to know who my coach is going to be before committing.
There are other positions he is recruiting. Not so much hire an OC vs naming the OC he has hired.....
Maybe doing this because the new hire and the team he is leaving requested this and their recruiting maybe affected.
For example, If we announced Kiffin as OC, the recruiting for his team and the recruiting for us Could turn the Apple cart upside down.....

Does it really matter anymore? Whether or not he announces an OC anytime between Today and ESD, it is not gonna make any difference as far as recruiting this late in the game.

Pruitt is just waiting because our new OC is Sean McVay.

As soon as the Super Bowl is over he'll be announced. That's why it's been so secretive, he actually accepted the job on 11/30 in a Holiday Inn conference room in Branson Missouri. All of the other candidate interviews have just been obfuscation to throw journalists off of the trail, and Pruitt only asked those candidates one question "Do you think you are a better play-caller than Sean McVay?" Since they all answered "no", Pruitt feels really good about this decision.

Reactions: Plecoptera
I thought he's already hired, we're just not announcing it yet

Then why not just announce it? Because if you think all these recruits wont whisper and it get out, i dont know what to say.
If a recruit as been told. (committed recruit that is, don't think an uncommitted would be told) Let him know if he leaks the info, he is out...

If a recruit as been told. (committed recruit that is, don't think an uncommitted would be told) Let him know if he leaks the info, he is out...

LOL

Yep, I could see that now. "we pulled the offer from Johnny 4* QB because he leaked the OC name".

Reactions: 08Vol
I bet it's Chris Weinke. I'm guessing he was the backup should they strike out, and I think it's pretty evident they struck out or there would have been an announcement at this point.

VN Store

Back