Pruitt to Texas as DC ??!!

Eye roll

You try “doing this” like 1000 times.......then highlighting each one, finding the italic and changing each.

I can do “this” simply while typing.........works good for me......for the most part it gets the point across as well.

Ctrl-i turns on Italics, then later Ctrl-i turns it back off.
Same with Ctrl-b for Bold or Ctrl-u for underline.
I like Ctrl-b for bold.

Ctrl-i turns on Italics, then later Ctrl-i turns it back off.
Same with Ctrl-b for Bold or Ctrl-u for underline.
I like Ctrl-b for bold.

Im solely on IPhone though, but thanks anyway for trying to help.

“I’ll” just stick with “this” I guess.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree. All the guys mentioned are different in different ways. Calling Pruitt unintelligent isn’t due to a single incident. It’s his entire 3 years body of work. As mentioned...being a head coach means making hundreds of decisions a week. Some big and some small. And managing a huge number of personalities. Over and over he has made head scratching decisions that most assumed wouldn’t work out and they didn’t. I’ll give you just a couple. The inability to recognize the significance of qb play (and the lack of talent that JG had). Most coaches would’ve given other guys a chance and worked hard to get a transfer. I read Pruitt continues to support him amd gradually simplify the passes that were being call and go to a more running based team. Against Alabama this season we continually went with a hurry up only to get to the line amd run the ball 75% of the time. Bama (like most teams over the last couple of years) loaded the hell out of the box knowing that JG wouldn’t be able to consistently make the throws necessary to make them regret that tactic. If we were going to take that approach at the very least don’t go but try up amd give them more possessions.
But that’s just one small example of shockingly dumb and utterly clueless decision making from a head coach. I could honestly sit here and type for 2 hours on all the dumb decisions he’s made. Every coach is different. I don’t believe in any way whatsoever that dooley was unintelligent. His flaws were mainly lack of work ethic and arrogance. Every coach listed has a different set of circumstances. But Pruitt’s greatest flaw is just not being a smart guy. Hell listen to him talk man. There’s literally thousands of times he’s proven this to be to case.

He has been a very successful defensive coordinator and assistant coach throughout his career. I agree he has not done very well as a head coach here during his time at Tennessee. Still does not in any way means he is a dumb or unintelligent person. Should we claim Kevin Steele is unintelligent due to his previous stint as head coach at Baylor? Or Ellis Johnson due to that one season he had as head coach at Southern Miss where that team went 0-12.

Point I was making is that Pruitt is one of the best defensive minds in college football which is what made him a great defensive coordinator. Which I would think means he is actually a very smart guy. Of course that does not mean he will be a great head coach. Same could be said about several guys - Kevin Steele, Will Muschamp, Charlie Strong, Ron English, DeWayne Walker, Derek Mason etc. Although, I do think Strong would have had a much more successful career as head coach had he stayed at Louisville.

Anyways, I will just say he is proven to be one of the best defensive coordinators in college football but has so far not proven himself to be very good when it comes to being a head coach. I will just leave it at that.

Reactions: knox73
Pruitt isn't going to volunteer to leave. Like it or not, most of us would make the same decision in his shoes, he isn't leaving unless they pay him out.

VN Store

Back