Pruitt to Bama?

Man, tough crowd...honestly I was just thinking of a reason to call the show and talk to Pawl!!!

I feel most of you didn’t even listen to what I said...you just read the title and responded.

I’m just happy people are talking about us in a positive way again ;)

Also, I think most of you need to remember that Pruitt played at Bama :)

That plays a big part in this.

Not going to happen. Too many powerful Tide boosters are apparently against Pruitt returning because he left to coach a hated rival. There was an article last spring reporting as such. Some feller named Dabo is their guy.

Yeah. I don't see Dabo leaving Clemson, and don't see why he would.

Way premature to speculate about Pruitt to bammer though I am happy with his performance so far. I guess I could see it if he makes us respectable for the next 5-6 years, maybe even beats bammer, and then satan retires after Tua's lil bro is gone (which will be five years from now).

But I tend to agree. Just like no self-respecting Tennessee fan would want Franklin, no one from bammer will want Pruitt. Then again, satan coached LSU.

I think it's possible, but again, way premature to even speculate about.

Reactions: jhcrane14
Really? That’s what we said about Dooley... I don’t think Pruitt is Dooley but Pruitt hasn’t proved much yet. Bama would pay money to get Dabo or maybe Smart.

I don't totally disagree with those ideas and can see the perspective. Can also see why Bama fans see him as the obvious replacement.

Agree with your first point, but theres no guarantee he walks into Bama and becomes a legend given the criteria that is now there to define that. He already has that at Clemson and is adding to that by the season. He could be really good but "he's no Bryant or Saban" would probably get old.

Agree totally.... And I don't think anyone is gonna be able to match the success Saban has had at Bama anywhere....it truly is beyond reason.

Yes these are all opinions. But putting yourself in his shoes it's pretty easy what the decision would be. We see it each season when a coaches Alma Mater coaching job comes open and they bolt.

Not necessarily.

Pat Dye played for Georgia.

Vince Dooley played for Auburn.

Reactions: BanditVol
Good lord. Really channeling the fanatic part of fan. Pruitt is so far away from establishing himself as an elite coach. In fact odds are very much against him in ever doing so. The last two coaches had us optimistic for parts of their first couple of seasons before crashing. Now I think he'll be better than that if for nothing else because his work ethic is so much better than dooley's (not too difficult) and his iq is so much higher than butch's (again not too difficult). But Pruitt is so far away from proving himself as an elite coach.

OP is spot-on and those of you blasting him cannot see the obvious. Jeremy Pruitt is a HUGE bama fan. He got a scholarship to play at MTSU and was a starter; but he left to go ride the bench at bama beacause, as he said, that was a place he dreamed of playing. I don't think he leaves in 1 year like Kiffin. But if he gets this program to an SEC title game within 3-5 years and Saban hangs it up, the call will be too great for Pruitt to ignore. Same as with Kirby, there was only 1 job he would take. I think Pruitt is doing a great job and I'm glad he's the coach. But it took Butch until his 3rd season to beat 2 ranked teams and Pruitt has done it twice in 5 weeks and he inherited a worse team. He's going to be a great coach and it is going to suck watching him coach at bama...

Some feller named Dabo is their guy.

Other than playing for Alabama & returning home, can anyone give me one reason why Dabo would want this job?

The guy has it made in Clemson. He gets to waltz into the conference championship and by extension, National Championship contention every single year. Recruiting, facilities and money are already top notch. There just isn't anything Alabama can offer him that he doesn't already have.

What nobody is talking about is that NOBODY is going to be able to follow Saban and meet the standard he has set. Anybody is going to be a disappointment when they are following an all-time great. Why would someone like Dabo give up what he has built at Clemson to walk into that buzz saw?

So when does UT begin their next coaching search? 10 games in and Bama is already laying the groundwork.

So when does UT begin their next coaching search? 10 games in and Bama is already laying the groundwork.
Oh for F sakes stop this madness. I don’t see Pruitt being considered unless he wins a couple SEC titles and gets in the CFP. If those things don’t happen forget about it!!!!

VN Store

Back