Pruitt to Bama?

Not going to happen. Too many powerful Tide boosters are apparently against Pruitt returning because he left to coach a hated rival. There was an article last spring reporting as such. Some feller named Dabo is their guy.
The longer time goes on, the more I think Saban hangs around like Bowden (even though I believe he has said before he doesn't want to do this) and Dabo doesn't go there. Saban doesn't look like he has lost one bit of his fire and keeps saying "All my life I've been part of a team - I can't imagine not being part of a team."

Dabo is a god at Clemson, has already won a title there, and is set up to win more. It isn't like he'd be leaving for a job that was incredibly more attractive.

If he went to Alabama, yes, he'd be coming home, but he'd also be starting over. Their fans would give him zero benefit of the doubt.

I talked to Finebaum about Pruitt possibly heading back to Bama after Saban retires.

What are your thoughts?

Let's worry about that when and if he does significant things here.

This is just pathetic. We win one game of significance and everybody already has him going to Bama.

I think Freak should sticky this thread to see if people are still as paranoid if we lose to Mizzou or Vandy

Everything you say is true... and that's why I think Dabo would take the job....
I think he takes the job for the same reason Pruitt would if offered. Its home.

I don't think either see a positive following Saban and his more than likely 6 or more NCs.

Dabo is a deity in SC with a solid legacy already in place, will arguably go down as the best coach in school history. He could go to Bama and do well by most standards and it not be good enough.

Not going to happen. Too many powerful Tide boosters are apparently against Pruitt returning because he left to coach a hated rival. There was an article last spring reporting as such. Some feller named Dabo is their guy.

I'm not sure about the article on Pruitt, but why would Dabo go to Bama when he has started a dynasty at Clemson?

Wow.... the whole Kiffin thing really scarred y'all didn't it?

Can we please STOP talking about a coach leaving our University and going somewhere else? It's almost sickening the way Tennessee fans talk about this crap.
Not everyone is slime like Lane Kiffin. .

I think he takes the job for the same reason Pruitt would if offered. Its home.

I don't think either see a positive following Saban and his more than likely 6 or more NCs.

Dabo is a deity in SC with a solid legacy already in place, will arguably go down as the best coach in school history. He could go to Bama and do well by most standards and it not be good enough.

I'm not as much disagreeing with you as trying to offer a different perspective....

Being a legend at Clemson in the ACC is NOT the same as being a legend at BAMA in the SEC...

And following SABAN will NOT be like following the Bear because everyone knew the Bear's days were done at Bama and it hurt his recruiting because there was no clear no. 1 choice to replace him.

Dabo is THE GUY every BAMA fan/friend I know expects to replace Saban....and it is the smart move for BAMA.
Dabo going to Bama would be like Urban Crier going to OSU...

And these guys are ultra-competitive. It's as natural to them as breathing is to us.
It is hard for me to think that Dabo would turn down that job because of that fact.
I am biased because I want Dabo to go to Bama, too.

Smart is home at UGA... but I think we got the better deal in CJP..
Mullen is home at UF... and has done a great job there this year... Our turnovers killed us this year against them..but I think CJP can stop 'em!
Chump appears to be settled at USCe...and CJP had his number this year...just not the horses...
UK is not a real threat....CJP beat Stoops with absolutely nothing at UT...

Jimbo is settled at aTm...
Ed O--who knows at LSU.... I mean--who could LSU get to coach there if Ed. O takes a nosedive??? I think they'll go after Iowa State's coach....
Malzahn is gonna be at AU for at least the next 3 years...and more if he finds another QB like Nick Marshall...and CJP beat him....

Saban ain't gonna retire in the next 3-4 years....and that's plenty of time for CJP to build us into elite status again...

So....Dabo to BAMA would solidify our grip on CJP!

I know that everyone is not sold on CJP....but I am....

Just a different perspective to offer....

GO VOLS!

Most of the Bama fans were quite displeased with the performance last Saturday.

The quarterback threw another interception.

That makes Tua.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
I don't believe CJP is a masochist on an egomaniac and whoever takes that job after Saban will have to be one or both. Sure, the money would be great, but, who whould want to subject their reputation and family to the abuse that fan base will impose after a two loss season.

Whoever gets the job will not last longer than 4 years, imo.

This is my opinion as well except I’m not sure the new guy would get four years unless there is a NC in there somewhere. Great post!

Reactions: malinoisvol
I'm not as much disagreeing with you as trying to offer a different perspective....

Being a legend at Clemson in the ACC is NOT the same as being a legend at BAMA in the SEC...

And following SABAN will NOT be like following the Bear because everyone knew the Bear's days were done at Bama and it hurt his recruiting because there was no clear no. 1 choice to replace him.

Dabo is THE GUY every BAMA fan/friend I know expects to replace Saban....and it is the smart move for BAMA.
Dabo going to Bama would be like Urban Crier going to OSU...

And these guys are ultra-competitive. It's as natural to them as breathing is to us.
It is hard for me to think that Dabo would turn down that job because of that fact.
I am biased because I want Dabo to go to Bama, too.

Smart is home at UGA... but I think we got the better deal in CJP..
Mullen is home at UF... and has done a great job there this year... Our turnovers killed us this year against them..but I think CJP can stop 'em!
Chump appears to be settled at USCe...and CJP had his number this year...just not the horses...
UK is not a real threat....CJP beat Stoops with absolutely nothing at UT...

Jimbo is settled at aTm...
Ed O--who knows at LSU.... I mean--who could LSU get to coach there if Ed. O takes a nosedive??? I think they'll go after Iowa State's coach....
Malzahn is gonna be at AU for at least the next 3 years...and more if he finds another QB like Nick Marshall...and CJP beat him....

Saban ain't gonna retire in the next 3-4 years....and that's plenty of time for CJP to build us into elite status again...

So....Dabo to BAMA would solidify our grip on CJP!

I know that everyone is not sold on CJP....but I am....

Just a different perspective to offer....

GO VOLS!

I don't totally disagree with those ideas and can see the perspective. Can also see why Bama fans see him as the obvious replacement.

Agree with your first point, but theres no guarantee he walks into Bama and becomes a legend given the criteria that is now there to define that. He already has that at Clemson and is adding to that by the season. He could be really good but "he's no Bryant or Saban" would probably get old.

To Pruitt and Bama. I don't doubt he would take that job if offered and wouldn't necessarily expect him to stay here if he had that option. If he has built a contender here by the time that door opens he will be considered. The biggest question is can he do that and it happen before Saban leaves.

Yeah well when Bama strikes out Dabo and Smart, those same powerful boosters would love nothing more than to steal Pruitt away from Tennessee to screw that hated rival. After all if Bama is pursuing Pruitt, that means we are winning.

In regards to Dabo, Bama offers him absolutely nothing he can't do at Clemson. Also, it is easy to say that Dabo is the second best coach in the country right now. There is no reason for him to follow the GOAT because in history, coaches who follow program greats usually have less than stellar results.

Dabo absolutely has zero incentive to go to Bama.

I talked to Finebaum about Pruitt possibly heading back to Bama after Saban retires.

What are your thoughts?[/QUOTE]

PLEASE do not post that turd's face on VN. Just heaved my lunch which btw, kind of looked like finebomb

Reactions: jhcrane14
We won’t have to worry about him LEAVING to go to Bama. If he’s successful I’m sure we’ll have enough disgruntled fans raising such a ruckus about something that he’ll be fired!

He's probably leaving to Bama after this season.
If he pulled another Kiffin stunt that would be the most embarrassing thing he could do to the program the fans and boosters. I would be pissed the F off if he did this...I seriously doubt he would. He sounds committed for the time being. I hope we don’t have a Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde coach in the making....

VN Store

Back