Pruitt says ones of JG's better games.

Other_Guy

foolishFool
Pruitt: “That was probably one of the better games that he’s played all year. Statistically did he miss some throws? Sure he did. But he had command. We were in the right plays, we moved the ball. To me the whole thing about a quarterback is do you take your team from one end and move it to the other end. He had less errors than he’s had throughout the year. Missed maybe one or two throws and made a bad mistake. But it’s like I told him yesterday, it’s one of the better games he’s played.”
Its crazy how things change off one bad decision. I cant be at the game Saturday, but it's definitely one I would like to be at. I saw the video of multiple players on the practice field asking fot VN to show up. I definitely hope its packed out, loud, and last weeks bad play by JG in the rearview mirror... even if JG starts. If he does, I'll cheer and hope for the best.

Ya know, now that I think of it, CJP is right. Not that JG did much to have his best game of the year. But, yeah I think it was. But Lord did he lay an egg on the non-TD to JJ and the goal line play! There are literally 18pts on those 2 plays alone. In a 22 pt loss!

C'mon JG I'm rooting for you to finish strong! You had the beautiful game winner 2 years ago vs USC, which Brandon Johnson let slip right through his hands. Pull a Jonathan Crompton v UGA this week and shock us all!!!

Pruitt: “That was probably one of the better games that he’s played all year. Statistically did he miss some throws? Sure he did. But he had command. We were in the right plays, we moved the ball. To me the whole thing about a quarterback is do you take your team from one end and move it to the other end. He had less errors than he’s had throughout the year. Missed maybe one or two throws and made a bad mistake. But it’s like I told him yesterday, it’s one of the better games he’s played.”
Its crazy how things change off one bad decision. I cant be at the game Saturday, but it's definitely one I would like to be at. I saw the video of multiple players on the practice field asking fot VN to show up. I definitely hope its packed out, loud, and last weeks bad play by JG in the rearview mirror... even if JG starts. If he does, I'll cheer and hope for the best.

“To me the whole thing about a quarterback is do you take your team from one end and move it to the other”.

Uh. Isn’t he missing something here? How about actually taking you team to the other end but also getting into the end zone?

JG was having a decent game prior to his bone headed play on the goal line. He missed a pass or two, but he was making quick decisions and throwing pretty good.

I'm not sure i could ever trust him after that goal line play. He just doesn't have it and doesn't make good decisions. He is mediocre at best. I can't believe JT can't be just as good with more upside

Kinda sounds like CJP thinks this game is winnable, but isnt crazy about Shrout - or at least isn't convinced Shrout can play the whole game. He thinks he's gonna need JG to maintain some of this momentum to end the season.

Pruitt for whatever reason has most always bragged on jg. I don't see why, but he has. Jg should never get another snap at ut. But I predict jg will start Sat. but definately do not think he should. What does this say to the other players. To me it says I don't have to do what coach says, I can do whatever I want. Terrible discipline, which jg should have some type of discipline for what he did last sat. But again Pruitt covered for jg in post game, and all the players on the field knew jg went rogue on the play he fumbled on. To me if jg starts it is a slap in the face to those players who played hard and then jg do what he did. If jg plays very much we lose. The only way jg won't lose the game is if we get a significant lead and he puts jg in the game to hand off mostly, and that would be crazy, shrout could hand off. Of course this is just my opinion.. If anyone woould check you will find the whole team started playing better when maurer started the games ol, rb, dl, the whole team played better with maurer starting. And again it all started when maurer begin to start.

Sounds like he is all but admitting that we dont have a choice, so please accept it, move forward and support the team.

Exactly, pruitt wants to play jg, and knows the team, the fans, and probably the rest of coaching staff does not want to play him. I have seen flashes of good qb play from jg, but they are few and far between. and by far not consistant. With Jg I don't see us scoring much at all against sc. In fact the offense may not score a td with jg.

Well we know how this will turn out. Seen this show too many times
As long as there's no downside for JG, we can expect more freelance plays.

It's like a kid whose parents just tap their kids arm (or helmet) real quick, lecture them, but never deliver real consequences to the kid. The discipline lesson learned is: nothing serious is going to happen no matter how badly I behave. Woo-Hoo!!!

Thx, CJP.

Just when I start thinking that Pruitt might be becoming a head coach he goes and praises the one thing that has cost him any success during his first two years. Last year we would have won more games without JG and the same is true this year. JG simply can not see the field, can't read the D, and can't see past his primary receiver and takes forever to release the ball once he has an open receiver. Regressed? NO. He is the same this year as he was last year and any coach that can't see his being the problem with winning isn't going to ever be a winning coach.

Now for those that say that he has to be positive cause JG is all that is left..... 1> Play the other freshman or Redshirt him. 2> Claiming that JG played well when he did not is on par with saying 'we're 100% better this year than last' and that isn't winning fan confidence.

JG, though a tough young man, just isn't a QB and we'd do better with a lineman at QB so playing him at this point is telling Shrout that he isn't needed or wanted. Heck if I were Shrout's father I'd have him in the transfer portal next week if he doesn't get a shot against SC.

As long as there's no downside for JG, we can expect more freelance plays.

It's like a kid whose parents just tap their kids arm (or helmet) real quick, lecture them, but never deliver real consequences to the kid. The discipline lesson learned is: nothing serious is going to happen no matter how badly I behave. Woo-Hoo!!!

Thx, CJP.
agree

I watched the game replay yesterday. On the sneak play we had a LARGE gap at the left guard. The guy that blew up the play came thru that hole and hit JG. If we are sneaking on the goal line, shouldnt our gap spacing be tighter?

Kinda sounds like CJP thinks this game is winnable, but isnt crazy about Shrout - or at least isn't convinced Shrout can play the whole game. He thinks he's gonna need JG to maintain some of this momentum to end the season.
Pruitt wasn't crazy about Maurer either. Didn't want to put the kid in. Now look how WRONG Pruitt was in his assessment of Maurer. Everything changed as soon as the kid walked onto the field. So that makes me skeptical of some of his decisions. He was dead wrong on Maurer. So put Shrout on the field and prove to us he isn't the best QB on the team. Don't talk about what's best for the team if you don't start the best QB. I'm not taking Pruitts word for it. Put Shrout on the field. Let the fans see.

Just when I start thinking that Pruitt might be becoming a head coach he goes and praises the one thing that has cost him any success during his first two years. Last year we would have won more games without JG and the same is true this year. JG simply can not see the field, can't read the D, and can't see past his primary receiver and takes forever to release the ball once he has an open receiver. Regressed? NO. He is the same this year as he was last year and any coach that can't see his being the problem with winning isn't going to ever be a winning coach.

Now for those that say that he has to be positive cause JG is all that is left..... 1> Play the other freshman or Redshirt him. 2> Claiming that JG played well when he did not is on par with saying 'we're 100% better this year than last' and that isn't winning fan confidence.

JG, though a tough young man, just isn't a QB and we'd do better with a lineman at QB so playing him at this point is telling Shrout that he isn't needed or wanted. Heck if I were Shrout's father I'd have him in the transfer portal next week if he doesn't get a shot against SC.
It's like JG is the cat with 9 lives with Pruitt.

VN Store

Back