Pruitt says Chaney plays chess and not checkers

Chess is a stupid analogy considering both opponents start with exactly the same level of quality and potential in their pieces.
Well, in that case, all board games are a stupid analogy because that describes them all... and I don't disagree with you except that great Chess players (and I'm talking the best in the world) don't tend to be idiots. Bobby Fischer may have been crazy but his IQ was said to be 160. That is Stephen Hawking level smart.

It's so funny how coaches, analysts and fans all use the same cliches as if anybody ever says anything profound about football.
That's because fans and especially Sports writers are too stupid to actually have original thoughts.

just earn your money and play games on your own time...he said...:D

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

I had a Numerical Analysis professor at UT that played 3 level chess. Can't remember his name.. Fun guy but, a little cooky.

I wonder if we had the same guy. He had a beard, walked with kind of a limp and always wore a tweed jacket with jeans. He would even use his own made up variables. His favorite was a squiggly looking made-up symbol and he called it "Ca-See". lol

Well, in that case, all board games are a stupid analogy because that describes them all... and I don't disagree with you except that great Chess players (and I'm talking the best in the world) don't tend to be idiots. Bobby Fischer may have been crazy but his IQ was said to be 160. That is Stephen Hawking level smart.

The image of Stephen Hawking rolling downfield in a wheelchair just doesn't sit well in my mind.

Yeah we need smart, but with Bruce Willis toughness.

Forget Fischer. He wouldn't even show up to play. Ok he'd show up for one game, beat the s*** out of you, then disappear for the rest of his life.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
I wonder if we had the same guy. He had a beard, walked with kind of a limp and always wore a tweed jacket with jeans. He would even use his own made up variables. His favorite was a squiggly looking made-up symbol and he called it "Ca-See". lol

That's him. Just looked him up and he's still there. "Frankel"

Reactions: Vol_in_NC_1999

VN Store

Back