Pruitt says Chaney plays chess and not checkers

It's so funny how coaches, analysts and fans all use the same cliches as if anybody ever says anything profound about football.

Yea, "Pruitt ain't playing no Tecmo Superbowl, he jammin with that PS19 John Madden 2075"

Reactions: OneVolNation
I bet they are playing chess with Florida and Georgia right now, especially Georgia. You know, Chaney knows the inside and outside outs of them now. He knows each players strengths and weaknesses, including the recruits. BYU? Maybe some, but the priorities are Georgia and Florida right now.

Reactions: BigOrangeBuck
I had a Numerical Analysis professor at UT that played 3 level chess. Can't remember his name.. Fun guy but, a little cooky.
Considering they went head to head in last year's National Championship I think Pruitt knows exactly what Chaney is capable of, and I think he has a great respect for him as well after that game.

Considering they went head to head in last year's National Championship I think Pruitt knows exactly what Chaney is capable of, and I think he has a great respect for him as well after that game.

I was only saying that "I had a professor in college that played 3 level chess". That was in reference to the picture of Spock playing it from another post. Completely unrelated thought with regards to the discussion of Pruitt's perception of Chaney.

Reactions: VolNExile
I was only saying that "I had a professor in college that played 3 level chess". That was in reference to the picture of Spock playing it from another post. Completely unrelated thought with regards to the discussion of Pruitt's perception of Chaney.
I didn't mean to quote your post haha.

Reactions: basspond
So poke around until you find something then poke around in all directions till you find the right way?

Edit: in response to battleship guy. I've been away too long. No idea how the forums work now.

I wish they'd all forget that kinda chit and just play some damn football. Wtf?

Dang-ed if you do, dang-ed if you don’t. He looks like a coach who doesn’t want to speak to the media and probably isn’t the best at. When he does try, our fans rip his words. He was probably just trying to appease the media by talking about the hire.

and... I still love you Behr

I am deleting this one. My conscience got the better of me. Dang it.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back