Pruitt quote from Finebaum

Maybe that being brought to light will push to get all the schools under the same guidelines?

I'm sure that's the dream. But, in the current climate, having a free for all in order to at least play the games, is probably going to be the best we can ask for.

In every other year, a champion must have talent, depth, coaching, organization, fan base, upperclassmen leadership, culture, and S&C etc. This year a new factor may make it's way near the top of the list ... Cooperation and support from university, local, and state regulators. The teams w the least encumbrences are going to have a significant advantage. No, it won't be fair. But at least we'll get to watch some psuedo-football. Who knows, it could be a year where an also ran could win it all. IDK

Don’t panic before the season starts. SC is trash. We lose only with incompetent Qb play.
That's wrong, what if half our starters on the oline and defense have to sit out for 10 days bc of contact tracing? Would you blame the QB for the loss then? This year imo ain't gonna hurt us in recruiting and honestly it's a joke of a season already. All we can do is play our best guys we have for game days and hope for the best. This season will have an * by it regardless of the W/L record.

In the past 3 weeks, they've announced 9, 12, and 8 being out due to COVID/tracing. Add in the 13 for lynching, and USCe has had their issues to.

No idea what word you were trying to type there, but I’m guessing it wasn’t really lynching.

Their season starts October 24 with their championship game on December 19. If they don't have any bye weeks, this means they will play a maximum of 8 games before the Big Ten championship game. To give them the best shot of a playoff spot, they will probably scrap the divisions and go soley on records for their championship game. I am also sure their scheduling will favor OSU. OSU's probable schedule:

Oct. 24 - Indiana
Oct. 31 - Rutgers
Nov. 7 - Northwestern
Nov. 14 - Iowa
Nov. 21 - Purdue
Nov. 28 - Maryland
Dec. 5 - Illinois
Dec. 12 - Michigan

If they add a bye week, Iowa or Michigan will be scrapped. Given the Big Ten hasn't won a playoff game since 2014, they probably figure they can backdoor their way into the national championship game.
My god. That is a seriously weak schedule.

Unpopular opinion but I think Pruitt deserves a pass this year considering the restrictions and not being able to have contact practices.

Lots of coaches’ teams will likely struggle.

Unpopular opinion but I think Pruitt deserves a pass this year considering the restrictions and not being able to have contact practices.

I don't think Coach Pruitt is looking for a pass. He's got a good football team this year. He's flipped our roster and we're going into this season as an experienced team with quality depth, All-Americans and a ton of confidence. I think we have a great season this year. He's not going to need a pass I feel.

Reactions: PandamoniumReigns

He doesn't deserve a pass but yes, COVID has to be factored heavily into the analysis. All teams are having to deal with similar circumstances. Mizzou has over a dozen guys out against Bama next week. USCe has had 9, 12, and 13 guys for COVID and legal issues the past 2 weeks. If we are down 25 guys in our 2 Deep against USCe, then yes, we shouldn't heavily weigh that. If we are down 3 guys and we start off like we did last year, then yes, that's an issue. We are going to be sloppy against USCe however, they will be just as sloppy and they are breaking in a new coordinator and we stomped them last year.

I think seeing improvement in red zone play, the OL playing to the sum of their parts, opening and closing halves well, being prepared the first month of the season, being competitive with Mullen, and keeping the team engaged will be huge parts of the coaching evaluation this year.

I don't think Coach Pruitt is looking for a pass. He's got a good football team this year. He's flipped our roster and we're going into this season as an experienced team with quality depth, All-Americans and a ton of confidence. I think we have a great season this year. He's not going to need a pass I feel.
Wow...I actually agree with Pulaski on something.

I think we have the potential to have a great season. But I do agree, this whole season is a huge question mark. If he struggles due to Covid related depth issues, I can see where we give him a pass on the season. But I'm optimistic about this season....but still trying to keep my expectations tempered somewhat

The game will almost certainly not be played. One of the two teams will lack sufficient players for at least one position group and that will seal it.

Don’t panic before the season starts. SC is trash. We lose only with incompetent Qb play.

Nah... Don't try and dump it on one position. That's bs. SC may have more than you think. Practice are are essential for rhythm and reduction of mistakes. Also, SC isn't holding guys out like TN from what I have heard locally.

At some point, Fulmer may have to step in if he hasn’t tried to already. These universities conducting contact tracing are a big joke.

Because other teams seem to not have the strict rules of contact tracing
Doug Mathews said on Big Orange Sunday last weekend, that those that are sitting out for contact tracing can still do strength and conditioning. Being in shape is half the battle. It's not like these guys are eating bon bons and watching Ophrah.

Doug Mathews said on Big Orange Sunday last weekend, that those that are sitting out for contact tracing can still do strength and conditioning. Being in shape is half the battle. It's not like these guys are eating bon bons and watching Ophrah.
Tackling

VN Store

Back