Pruitt quote from Finebaum

The SEC wants 4 teams to do well this year, Bama, UGA, UF, and LSU or A&M. With the B1G & Pac 12 likely out of the CFB Playoff picture the SEC thinks they can get 2 teams in. Best way to do that is have 4 highly ranked teams, 2 in each division. Then you have 2 division matchups of undefeated teams. That gives you an SEC Championship with 2 undefeated teams and 2 one loss teams that didn’t make it. That will be 4 good resumes for 2 playoff spots.
I don't think anyone goes undefeated in the SEC this year, too many unknowns and there are 8 really good football teams in the SEC this year. Records will be similar to those in the NFL. I would not be surprised to see two 8-2 teams play for the SEC championship.

Reactions: savannahfan
Yeah the quote made me think of the Navy coach saying they didn’t tackle in practice. But I don’t think we’ll be that bad. lol
Hell boy’s it’s like riding a bike. If you can tackle you can tackle. I bet if you decided to tackle some random dude at the grocery store you could do it, no problem. You may get arrested though!
FFB9AD7A-BE00-4EAB-9D56-C43452B57B0B.gif

Their season starts October 24 with their championship game on December 19. If they don't have any bye weeks, this means they will play a maximum of 8 games before the Big Ten championship game. To give them the best shot of a playoff spot, they will probably scrap the divisions and go soley on records for their championship game. I am also sure their scheduling will favor OSU. OSU's probable schedule:

Oct. 24 - Indiana
Oct. 31 - Rutgers
Nov. 7 - Northwestern
Nov. 14 - Iowa
Nov. 21 - Purdue
Nov. 28 - Maryland
Dec. 5 - Illinois
Dec. 12 - Michigan

If they add a bye week, Iowa or Michigan will be scrapped. Given the Big Ten hasn't won a playoff game since 2014, they probably figure they can backdoor their way into the national championship game.
No way Mich OSU will be scrapped for a bye week. Their fans would march on the league office

I'm telling you, this season is gonna be rough
Watching Muschump doing a couple of press conferences a week ago when we had 44 players out wasn't a good sign, imo. He was upbeat and praising his players. Gave me the feeling they were getting more players to scrimmages, etc......not gonna be a cakewalk for sure.

The way I see it, ALL teams are facing the same obstacles as our VOLS . . . The teams that can adapt and over come will be successful. CJP has stated many times that his coaching days in high school taught him to work with what he had each and every year.

I really see this as an opportunity for our coaching staff to evaluate each and every player's strengths and weaknesses regardless of position. CJP, CJB and CJO all come from the high school ranks and CJO was a hell'va high coach.

Then there is the talent, CJP has recruited depth across the board on both sides of the ball. I believe that we match up even or better than all but two programs - Alabubba and Gorgaw with Floriduh being even.

Again, the coaching staffs that can adapt will have success and I beleive our staff is better suited to adapt week to week.

GBO - beat the Gamecocks!

VN Store

Back