Pruitt not going anywhere

I have no idea what Fulmer is personally thinking, but it would seem funny if he actually thinks firing Pruitt this year would be “knee-jerk.” If it was me, I’d be saying Oh Hell No, I didn’t have a losing season till my 13th year, and my second until 16th year. Pruitts first 2 will be losing seasons, worse than Dooley and Butch by the way. If I was Fulmer, I’d probably say we’re going to fire every damn coach that doesn’t have a winning season. And especially if they have the worst loss in school history and may end up with the worst season too.

Despite being 0-2 and 5-9 overall, Pruitt isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. The reason is not because of his buyout or anything financially related. It’s because his boss is Phillip Fulmer. Remember that Fulmer himself perceives his own firing to be premature and knee jerk in nature and that he should’ve been given more time to fix the program. If you think Fulmer is going to turn around and do the same thing to a coach he picked that was done to him, then you’re in for disappointment. Get as mad about that as you want, but win or lose, or lose or lose, Pruitt’s our coach at least through the end of the 2020 season. As even then it would have to be under utter catastrophic conditions for Fulmer to cut bait after 3 years. If you disagree, tell me why.

I agree he will not be fired but its not up to Fulmer. This is why coaches don't want to work for these people. There is no AD in charge and there hasn't been since Doug Dickey.

The same people who made us hire Currie are licking their chops waiting for a few more losses so they can swoop in and get rid of Phil and his Bammer lackey coach.

Despite being 0-2 and 5-9 overall, Pruitt isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. The reason is not because of his buyout or anything financially related. It’s because his boss is Phillip Fulmer. Remember that Fulmer himself perceives his own firing to be premature and knee jerk in nature and that he should’ve been given more time to fix the program. If you think Fulmer is going to turn around and do the same thing to a coach he picked that was done to him, then you’re in for disappointment. Get as mad about that as you want, but win or lose, or lose or lose, Pruitt’s our coach at least through the end of the 2020 season. As even then it would have to be under utter catastrophic conditions for Fulmer to cut bait after 3 years. If you disagree, tell me why.
After Chattanooga we hit murderers row. Lets see how cozy the boosters are after we get blasted by 50+ points every game for the rest of the year.

The same people who made us hire Currie are licking their chops waiting for a few more losses so they can swoop in and get rid of Phil and his Bammer lackey coach.
good news is we'd probably be able to get Kelly on the cheap now if we so desired, so you go that going for ya.....lol.

Its really funny when its the ones that like to learn us all on the special power of looking at the past to know how good or bad a coach is going to be. They explain how they been telling everybody "what's up" with the current coach and his failure is inevitable so why not go ahead and cut bait now. No way he's going to be a success, look at his past.

But, our administration gonna get it right. This time!
lol....it's all fun and games until you see who they bring out to introduce as your next HC.............................lol.

Reactions: Behr
Firing Pruitt at this point would be ridiculous. I think some of our fans really want to suck for the next 10 years so they can have something to moan and complain about. He’s 1 season and 2 games in. Is it ideal? No, but it’s the reality of the program. He inherited a freaking train wreck of a program and people think that you can weed that out in a year when players have 4 years of eligibility? Come on, be real. Tennessee has proven coaches on staff, let them be.

You're probably right but it also tells me that nobody down there cares about football. That includes Fulmer

Now that is worth a laugh.
Not saying he’s the answer but he got fired for carrying the water and not complaining when the university changed admissions for athletes. Look it up the truth came out during dooleys 2nd year we had changed our standards to mirror Vanderbilt instead of using the SEC standards. The talk was Fulmer has lost his touch can’t recruit etc. he never complained it cost him his job.

VN Store

Back