Pruitt not going anywhere

I will make this bet to the first person that wants to take.

Bet $100 we beat OU in 2020 and $5 for every FG (not PAT's) or TD in the margin of victory if lose.

Example: OU wins 35-7, thats $20 on top of the $100 result bet.

Who's taking it today.

Post it, pin it, screenshot.

Let's go NegaVols.

Want to just send me the money now?

Not saying you directly, but I am laying it out there right now as I am one person who thinks the first time Pruitt should be judged with job status is on year 3 when he has the overwhelming majority of the two deep being his kids.
Well, hypothetical question about the 2019 season: How will you feel if we go 2-10 this season, and let's say we win against UTC and UAB, do you agree Coach Pruitt's job status will be somewhat tenuous and he will be under immense pressure for 2020? A 2-10 record will be an all time low record for Tennessee Football. I don't believe he will be fired this season under any scenario unless the Vols go 0-12, and then I believe that would be a possibility.

Won't happen as Jimmy Sexton represents majority of coaches.

With that said, I had an interesting contract proposal when things got desperate and I made the case for Kiffin. Basically where he could be highest paid coach in the country in a given year if he won a Natty, but wouldn't get that same amount the next year if he went 9-3 and played in the Gator Bowl lol.

Was something like the following:

8-10 million dollar buyout for the first 4-5 years if he walks on us.

Base salary around 3 million and put crazy incentives in there like the following:

$500K for SEC East Title
$1M for SEC Title
$750K for Playoff Appearance
$1M for Natty Appearance
$2M for Natty

$100K for top 15 Recruiting class
$250K for top 10 Recruiting class
$350K for top 5 Recruiting class

Literally make it so performance based that he has to win big to get paid big dollars.

If he was to win the SEC and just go to playoff, we would likely spend 5.3 million minimum up to 5.6 million maximum on a coach in one year to do so.
1st thing I’ve seen you post that I can get on board with. I agree with it wholeheartedly....and somebody like Kiffin would jump on board with it.

Sexton is poison, and should never be allowed to set foot on UT’s campus.

As long as the current commits hold tight and we get some of the other recruits, I will stick to my main stance on Pruitt. Year 3 is when he should be judged with job status.

1st thing I’ve seen you post that I can get on board with. I agree with it wholeheartedly....and somebody like Kiffin would jump on board with it.

Sexton is poison, and should never be allowed to set foot on UT’s campus.

See? It’s not so bad being on Team Me

@JMSqb11, I admire your consistency in your responses. I don't agree with everything you think, just like you don't with me, but I respect what you have to say. In the end, ALL Vols fans just want to see our team win, and that's what we need to rally around at this time.

If Taylor doesn't get confused on his assignment, or Warrior doesn't miss his tackle, it's a UT win.

Getting rid of Pruitt and losing the next class of commitments over players failing to do what they are coached to do, is stupid.

Calm down....

Reactions: kcvols1
@JMSqb11, I admire your consistency in your responses. I don't agree with everything you think, just like you don't with me, but I respect what you have to say. In the end, ALL Vols fans just want to see our team win, and that's what we need to rally around at this time.

Don’t worry. When I’m the AD of UT in 14 years, Volnation will be my biggest confidants.

Ah, just means cheaper tickets and smaller crowds...next year will be a very inexpensive chance to get into a nice season ticket

No, they won't. They will just take a few hundred tickets to high school teams, and do a tax write off. They have done that before when attendance was down. I think they, if I heard this right, gave 500 to the homeless. But selling season tickets cheap? They will fight doing that tooth and nail.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I think you're right and I don't think Pruitt should be fired now or in 2020. The program was in shambles, give the man and his staff a chance to fix it. It cannot be done overnight, one or two years, it's gonna take several good recruiting classes. I know everyone says, "We've heard this before:, but I trust Fulmer to ensure this program gets back to prominence, and as soon as possible.
Despite being 0-2 and 5-9 overall, Pruitt isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. The reason is not because of his buyout or anything financially related. It’s because his boss is Phillip Fulmer. Remember that Fulmer himself perceives his own firing to be premature and knee jerk in nature and that he should’ve been given more time to fix the program. If you think Fulmer is going to turn around and do the same thing to a coach he picked that was done to him, then you’re in for disappointment. Get as mad about that as you want, but win or lose, or lose or lose, Pruitt’s our coach at least through the end of the 2020 season. As even then it would have to be under utter catastrophic conditions for Fulmer to cut bait after 3 years. If you disagree, tell me why.

Despite being 0-2 and 5-9 overall, Pruitt isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. The reason is not because of his buyout or anything financially related. It’s because his boss is Phillip Fulmer. Remember that Fulmer himself perceives his own firing to be premature and knee jerk in nature and that he should’ve been given more time to fix the program. If you think Fulmer is going to turn around and do the same thing to a coach he picked that was done to him, then you’re in for disappointment. Get as mad about that as you want, but win or lose, or lose or lose, Pruitt’s our coach at least through the end of the 2020 season. As even then it would have to be under utter catastrophic conditions for Fulmer to cut bait after 3 years. If you disagree, tell me why.
Let Pruitt finish the season. Let the chips fall where they may. If he regressed in his record from last year, can him. If he tied or progressed his record from last year, keep him. But Year 3, no winning record, it'll be time for him to go.

Just my 2 cents.....

They? Pruitt picked Chaney.

There is so much guesswork here it’s embarrassing to read.

Yes, Pruitt is flipping the roster. Yes, he is demanding SEC style play. Yes, he will be here through next year just to purge the program.

I sympathize with Pruitt. My corporate career was to do turnarounds and restart failed businesses. Personally, he’s running a standard playbook and yes, I support him.

If he’s smart, he’s meeting weekly with Fulmer and discussing this. And I think he is.

Recruit and flip the roster. Yes, this year sucks. But the only way out of this endless cycle of mediocrity is to commit and get it done. And they are doing that.

I wish I could like this 10,000 times.

Its really funny when its the ones that like to learn us all on the special power of looking at the past to know how good or bad a coach is going to be. They explain how they been telling everybody "what's up" with the current coach and his failure is inevitable so why not go ahead and cut bait now. No way he's going to be a success, look at his past.

But, our administration gonna get it right. This time!

If-you-re-gonna-do-something-wrong-do-it-right

VN Store

Back