Pruitt not going anywhere

Despite being 0-2 and 5-9 overall, Pruitt isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. The reason is not because of his buyout or anything financially related. It’s because his boss is Phillip Fulmer. Remember that Fulmer himself perceives his own firing to be premature and knee jerk in nature and that he should’ve been given more time to fix the program. If you think Fulmer is going to turn around and do the same thing to a coach he picked that was done to him, then you’re in for disappointment. Get as mad about that as you want, but win or lose, or lose or lose, Pruitt’s our coach at least through the end of the 2020 season. As even then it would have to be under utter catastrophic conditions for Fulmer to cut bait after 3 years. If you disagree, tell me why.
I agree with your conclusion Fade but I’d add some different reasons why......mainly, because it’s much better for the health of the program to let true football coach, which Pruitt and his staff are, to be given a chance work through this and build a program.

I like it....well done.

Not a Pruitt fan, but agree he’ll be here next year. 8-4 would go a long way toward cooling his seat and getting some of us on board.

Reactions: Ledzepvol
I think Pruitt will be gone in a year or 2 and PF will promote Tee. I honestly believe that’s been the plan since the rumors started of Pruitt wanting out to go back to be a DC and the rumors of turmoil within the staff. Could also be why they went for Chaney instead of a hotter name. They knew he wouldn’t argue about being promoted over and it’s also a move that would allow them to keep a chunk of the staff and only need to replace a few that leave.

Holy hell what a reach.

I love all these posts. Everyday. You're wrong. I'm right.

Hot take boys:

No one knows when Pruitt will be out of here. Could be next week. Or 3 weeks from now. Or next year. Or 6 years down the road.

You don't know and I don't know.

Why bother discussing it? It will happen when it happens.

We've got other important things to worry about. Like how to get JG benched so we can see what our other QBs look like.

At this point, Phil should just let Jeremy learn how to be a head coach on our dime and devote significant resources to helping him learn. If it takes two or three years, OK. That’s about how long it will take to get our new QB up to speed anyway, and changing coaches would create another delay in success with assistant coach departure, roster turnover, lost recruiting momentum, change in philosophy, etc.

Reactions: kcvols1
I love all these posts. Everyday. You're wrong. I'm right.

Hot take boys:

No one knows when Pruitt will be out of here. Could be next week. Or 3 weeks from now. Or next year. Or 6 years down the road.

You don't know and I don't know.

Why bother discussing it? It will happen when it happens.

We've got other important things to worry about. Like how to get JG benched so we can see what our other QBs look like.

So what's your master plan to get this done? Gonna sneak into his room and hide under the bed then give him the 'Pet Sematary cut his Achilles' treatment?

I think Pruitt will be gone in a year or 2 and PF will promote Tee. I honestly believe that’s been the plan since the rumors started of Pruitt wanting out to go back to be a DC and the rumors of turmoil within the staff. Could also be why they went for Chaney instead of a hotter name. They knew he wouldn’t argue about being promoted over and it’s also a move that would allow them to keep a chunk of the staff and only need to replace a few that leave.

They? Pruitt picked Chaney.

There is so much guesswork here it’s embarrassing to read.

Yes, Pruitt is flipping the roster. Yes, he is demanding SEC style play. Yes, he will be here through next year just to purge the program.

I sympathize with Pruitt. My corporate career was to do turnarounds and restart failed businesses. Personally, he’s running a standard playbook and yes, I support him.

If he’s smart, he’s meeting weekly with Fulmer and discussing this. And I think he is.

Recruit and flip the roster. Yes, this year sucks. But the only way out of this endless cycle of mediocrity is to commit and get it done. And they are doing that.

Reactions: kcvols1
So what's your master plan to get this done? Gonna sneak into his room and hide under the bed then give him the 'Pet Sematary cut his Achilles' treatment?

Nah. All it take is someone accidentally tripping him entering or leaving class. An ankle sprain where he is out a week or two so we can get our other guys some reps never hurt nobody 😏

Pruitt is here until year end unless he can be fired for cause....unless he really goes 2-10 or worse, no way he is released and will get a year 3. I am off the Pruitt bandwagon, but I am also not thinking firing him immediately does anything for us. Doesn't help financially or help in perception.

If he turns it around great, we can warm up to him again, but if I were in Fulmer's shoes, I would start feeling out some other coaches like Bob Stoops, Cut, even Kiffin and get an idea if he has to make a move where he might go or start laying a foundation. At the same time, don't do a kneejerk reaction and let it play out.

Reactions: Ledzepvol
Plus the current 7+ million we are paying Butch.

Plus what will be anywhere from 2-5 million to buyout a new coach at their current school

Plus another 5-9 million dollars to install a new staff and their salaries.
Got to avoid these buyouts in the future by inserting performance clauses but almost all top coaches are represented by an agent. It's a straight up gamble with any hire it seems but a certain few and those few aren't going to expose themselves to the ridiculousness of this fanbase. Just a sign of the times. Humans simply don't have genuine patience in this day and age because technology has a lot of their daily requirements at the push of a button. Not true in physical sports where training is a prerequisite.

The roster flip is in progress. We are playing 9 Freshman. The difference in the type of athletes is apparent. Be patient. Gonna be a rough year but we have some Studs that are being thrown in the fire and will be battle hardened. Stay the course. GBO

It's gonna be a rough year regardless. Let's throw one of our other QB's in the fire and see if something sparks. It legitimately can't get any worse.

Reactions: American_PitVol
. 2020 will need to be 8-4 in the regular season in my opinion, and yes I know we play Oklahoma, along with Bama, Gators and UGA.

I will make this bet to the first person that wants to take.

Bet $100 we beat OU in 2020 and $5 for every FG (not PAT's) or TD in the margin of victory if lose.

Example: OU wins 35-7, thats $20 on top of the $100 result bet.

Who's taking it today.

Post it, pin it, screenshot.

Let's go NegaVols.

Pruitt isn't going anywhere because firing him would be catastrophically stupid.
I love how you know that. Tell us more, psychic of all that is UT fb.

No one knows what would happen if he's fired just as no one knows what will happen the rest of the season.

Imo, the writing is on the wall for JP and crew. He can prove me wrong the rest of the season. The only thing I know for sure is regardless of how I feel, I'm powerless and I'll have to let things play out the way they do whether I want to or not.

Got to avoid these buyouts in the future by inserting performance clauses but almost all top coaches are represented by an agent. It's a straight up gamble with any hire it seems but a certain few and those few aren't going to expose themselves to the ridiculousness of this fanbase. Just a sign of the times. Humans simply don't have genuine patience in this day and age because technology has a lot of their daily requirements at the push of a button. Not true in physical sports where training is a prerequisite.

Won't happen as Jimmy Sexton represents majority of coaches.

With that said, I had an interesting contract proposal when things got desperate and I made the case for Kiffin. Basically where he could be highest paid coach in the country in a given year if he won a Natty, but wouldn't get that same amount the next year if he went 9-3 and played in the Gator Bowl lol.

Was something like the following:

8-10 million dollar buyout for the first 4-5 years if he walks on us.

Base salary around 3 million and put crazy incentives in there like the following:

$500K for SEC East Title
$1M for SEC Title
$750K for Playoff Appearance
$1M for Natty Appearance
$2M for Natty

$100K for top 15 Recruiting class
$250K for top 10 Recruiting class
$350K for top 5 Recruiting class

Literally make it so performance based that he has to win big to get paid big dollars.

If he was to win the SEC and just go to playoff, we would likely spend 5.3 million minimum up to 5.6 million maximum on a coach in one year to do so.

I will make this bet to the first person that wants to take.

Bet $100 we beat OU in 2020 and $5 for every FG (not PAT's) or TD in the margin of victory if lose.

Example: OU wins 35-7, thats $20 on top of the $100 result bet.

Who's taking it today.

Post it, pin it, screenshot.

Let's go NegaVols.
Ha! Well, I wouldn't describe myself as a NegaVol, just a Vols fan that wants to see us winning again. Also, you take a small snippet of what I said, which is fine. Think about it, I'm already saying that we are giving Coach Pruitt and the Vols 4 losses for 2020, just win the rest of the games on your regular season schedule. I never thought I would ever see the day that I would concede games as essentially losses, a year in advance. I just hope we avoid a 2-10 record for 2019... Also, not a betting man. :) Go Vols!

Ha! Well, I wouldn't describe myself as a NegaVol, just a Vols fan that wants to see us winning again. Also, you take a small snippet of what I said, which is fine. Think about it, I'm already saying that we are giving Coach Pruitt and the Vols 4 losses for 2020, just win the rest of the games on your regular season schedule. I never thought I would ever see the day that I would concede games as essentially losses, a year in advance. I just hope we avoid a 2-10 record for 2019... Also, not a betting man. :) Go Vols!

Not saying you directly, but I am laying it out there right now as I am one person who thinks the first time Pruitt should be judged with job status is on year 3 when he has the overwhelming majority of the two deep being his kids.

VN Store

Back