Pruitt might not win COY

Sorry, I hate to sound like a killjoy but I'm not proud of anything. Those first two games were unforgivable and anything short of an SEC championship wasn't going to make up for that. We salvaged the season as best we could and for that I'm glad. But the word "proud" will never be uttered from my lips when describing this season.

Sorry, I hate to sound like a killjoy but I'm not proud of anything. Those first two games were unforgivable and anything short of an SEC championship wasn't going to make up for that.

Point being, things happen. I hate the Georgia State and BYU losses as much as the next guy, but this season could’ve been a lot worse. I’m not gonna be satisfied until we get an SEC Championship either, but this is definitely a step in the right direction.

But I couldn’t be more proud of the job he’s done for our program. What an amazing turnaround from starting 1-4 and thinking we were gonna be lucky to win 3 games. Now we’re 7-5 and should get a really decent bowl. I will never forget this 2019 team!
And what's even more impressive in my mind is we're 5-3 in conference and sitting 3rd in the east.

Now while we're waiting for bowl prep let's get on the road n get some cruits to come rep the T.......

Sorry, I hate to sound like a killjoy but I'm not proud of anything. Those first two games were unforgivable and anything short of an SEC championship wasn't going to make up for that. We salvaged the season as best we could and for that I'm glad. But the word "proud" will never be uttered from my lips when describing this season.
You will not enjoy to many seasons then. Fulmer won how many SEC titles? Enjoy success when you can. GBO!

You can choose to moan and groan about those games, or you can ride the momentum that we ended the season with. Not excusing those losses, because they are inexcusable. but Pruitt has never been head coach before and he’s learning on the job.

This team quits on Dooley and Jones.

I have to agree with this sentiment. This team averted potential disaster and salvaged the season after that unforgivable 1-4 start. This team is still a long way from competing with the likes of Alabama, Georgia and LSU on a regular basis. Until recruiting takes a major step up you can expect nothing better than 7-8 wins each year.

You can choose to moan and groan about those games, or you can ride the momentum that we ended the season with. Not excusing those losses, because they are inexcusable. but Pruitt has never been head coach before and he’s learning on the job.

Let’s hope he can carry the momentum into closing a great recruiting class and bowl win.

Oh and into the start of next season.

Anytime you lose the way we did at the first of the season, it's a team loss , including the coaches ...however ; let's not make this what it isn't . Coaching doesn't lose to Ga State . The group of players we put on the field should have been able to drag them into the parking lot by the middle of the 2nd qtr , rusty or not. Those losses were squarely on the players. Maybe Pruitt should have made some quick personnel changes when it was clear things weren't going well, but good players run through teams like that on instinct. Ga State was a total lack of anything resembling competitive spirit and that's on the players. Not coaching. The team finally decided it was tired of being embarrassed and it responded with 7-5 . You don't win Daytona on 5 cylinders and 3 warped wheels.

The OrangeTsar knows how to deal with defeatnicks like you
download.jpeg

Anytime you lose the way we did at the first of the season, it's a team loss , including the coaches ...however ; let's not make this what it isn't . Coaching doesn't lose to Ga State . The group of players we put on the field should have been able to drag them into the parking lot by the middle of the 2nd qtr , rusty or not. Those losses were squarely on the players. Maybe Pruitt should have made some quick personnel changes when it was clear things weren't going well, but good players run through teams like that on instinct. Ga State was a total lack of anything resembling competitive spirit and that's on the players. Not coaching. The team finally decided it was tired of being embarrassed and it responded with 7-5 . You don't win Daytona on 5 cylinders and 3 warped wheels.

The Ga State and BYU losses were on Pruitt and staff.

I disagree. While I’ve been very happy with the defense and the intensity this team played with down the stretch...Pruitts unwillingness to have a legit qb competition and have anyone ready to play except Jg cost us significantly this year. And there are more questionable personnel decisions other than just at qb. Grey looked to be explosive from his first carry of the season yet we rarely saw him until tonight. And we were way too conservative at times. Watching bama/ua and LSU (amongst other today in the conference) should let us know just how far we still have to go. We should’ve absolutely boat raced vandy today. But we settled for a time of possession/mange the game style today. Good teams don’t do that. Especially when playing a terrible team. We have a long ways to go. But a good start would be to have a legit qb competition this offseason. Also, get some damn recruits in the door

Last edited:
Don't care if CJP wins coach of the year, but as far as I'm concerned there is no coach out there that I would rather have. The improvement this year has been remarkable, and especially developing talent - these are different players from what we saw at the beginning of this year, and credit for the turnaround goes to CJP but also the entire coaching staff. I also love his style - no BS old school hard nosed coaching, but still a type of coach players seem to love to play for.

VN Store

Back