Pruitt knows what he is doing with HB

Pruitt knows what he's doing? Explain that last drive before the half.

This is what kills me.......Im only an arm chair coach since I was about 8-9 years old (88'-89') but even I feel I know enough about football that either I take the tie into the locker room OR I play the time game and try and add points.....that was piss poor clock management and decision making.........also from my couch I can clearly see that Bailey is better than JG. I dont understand what this man is thinking......and yet he makes millions to be in charge.....boggles my mind.

Pruitt knows what he's doing when it comes to wearing a mask - just check the Georgia game. Sure he could have worn it like a person of normal intelligence but instead he wore it like a Romanian woman from the old country; babushka style. Trust him - all part of the process.

So Pruitt has no idea? but with the proper offseason has been able to produce 3 freshman all Americans in two seasons. That's the fastest rate of getting freshmen ready at such a level which spans well over a decade of what coaches at Tennessee have been able to produce. Also was able to get good contribution from other freshmen either way. Had Alontae up and running at a different position and doing pretty good as a freshman. This is common Knowledge, and a good trend to be having. HB as the latest freshman is starting to be able to get some reps that he's missed out on, and and understanding alignments and such ( so that he's not hit 30 times a game, and still would have lost those games more than likely from a shell shocked freshman QB) has started getting some game reps. They said his development has been delayed due to quarantine ect. but I bet we're going to start seeing more HB since he's had some time to start catching up with the A&M delay that happened. I honestly think it's as simple as Pruitt not wanting to use HB as Cannon fodder by putting him in too early, and get him some development first, and if Covid didn't happen he would have already been the starter.

Reactions: orangebloodforlife
I believe Pruitt knows what he is doing with HB. WHY? Have you noticed a pattern here? He is letting him get a little experience in running an offense slowly late in the 4th quarter, and that experience is going to pay off when he starts. He is getting to throw the ball a lot, and they are trusting him when he comes in. I think it is to work him in slowly, and Pruitt doesn't want to say what his plans is right now. I think Pruitt is waiting for the right moment to start him when it's time. Redshirting him, or playing him is probably what they are trying to figure out. Pruitt knows he is good, and he knows he has his qb for the future. Do you redshirt him, or do you waist it on letting him play in the next three games? That is the biggest obstacle that you have to face at this point.
I do not agree, for instance the QB at Vandy , a freshman who is far better than JQ.

But- correct me if I'm wrong- redshirt wouldn't apply here, no? Because it's a free eligibility year, so he should still have 4 years of eligibility remaining regardless of how much he sees the field. Which is why it's so hairbrained not to just give him the reins and let's roll with it. If god forbid he bombs then you still have a full QB room to fall back on and see what works
It's strange how other teams will start freshman and most seem to do well with it like the Vandy freshman and others. Also HB was a high ranked QB coming out of HS and could of gone any where and played.

I believe Pruitt knows what he is doing with HB. WHY? Have you noticed a pattern here? He is letting him get a little experience in running an offense slowly late in the 4th quarter, and that experience is going to pay off when he starts. He is getting to throw the ball a lot, and they are trusting him when he comes in. I think it is to work him in slowly, and Pruitt doesn't want to say what his plans is right now. I think Pruitt is waiting for the right moment to start him when it's time. Redshirting him, or playing him is probably what they are trying to figure out. Pruitt knows he is good, and he knows he has his qb for the future. Do you redshirt him, or do you waist it on letting him play in the next three games? That is the biggest obstacle that you have to face at this point.
You know this year doesn’t count against eligibility right? That means it makes even less sense to not start Bailey. Should started or at least received meaningful playing time from the first game of the season.

Pruitt is an idiot and keeps proving it with every game he coaches.

You drink pretty heavily while posting?

JG’s pick six completion percentage is far superior to HB’s. Therefore HB only sees mop up duty.

Reactions: Godfatha
A HC putting in a backup at the end of the game happens every Saturday....usually when the team is ahead or down beyond turning things around. I see NOTHING that makes me think there is a plan with HB other than giving him experience. Lol, every coach in the country does that.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Why would he waste a redshirt on a year that doesn't count against eligibility? That alone proves he has no clue.

He waits until the game is out of hand to put his best quarterback in the game. Yeah, that's definitely the sign of a coach who knows what he's doing.

Reactions: joevol33

Only problem with your theory is this year doesn’t count against eligibility. Redshirting doesn’t matter. I do think Bailey is being eased into things though.

I have been on this board a long time. I understand your optimism and wishful thinking but that is all it is

He would not burn his redshirt, this season does not count towards eligibility due to COVID. With that, there is NO excuse for Pruitt’s incompetence and blind loyalty to the worst qb in Tn history.

Reactions: joevol33
I thought when we hired Pruitt that our defense was going to be great. He is supposed to be a defensive mastermind. But thats not the case.

Tired of these excuses for Pruitt. Playing late in the 4th with no real time on the clock sets your QB up for failure when you have a team like TN. HB has been coming in with no time to get in a real rhythm. HB should've been in after the bi week

When you got talent you play talent. This isn't the 80's,90's or even early 2000's where you sit guys on the bench to learn. You got kids today in HS programs that rival some colleges and kids like HB that play in big HS divisions. They're playing against top talent. I could see if JG was getting it done but he should've been pulled games ago.

Days of sitting the bench and learning has come and gone. Look at how many teams start their upper classman only to switch to their freshmen or sophomores.

Yet we still roll with a 5th yr that just doesn't have it. JG's tough and I'll give him that but TN needs to move on
Maybe we'll see freshman vs freshman next week at Vandy.

So Pruitt has no idea? but with the proper offseason has been able to produce 3 freshman all Americans in two seasons. That's the fastest rate of getting freshmen ready at such a level which spans well over a decade of what coaches at Tennessee have been able to produce. Also was able to get good contribution from other freshmen either way. Had Alontae up and running at a different position and doing pretty good as a freshman. This is common Knowledge, and a good trend to be having. HB as the latest freshman is starting to be able to get some reps that he's missed out on, and and understanding alignments and such ( so that he's not hit 30 times a game, and still would have lost those games more than likely from a shell shocked freshman QB) has started getting some game reps. They said his development has been delayed due to quarantine ect. but I bet we're going to start seeing more HB since he's had some time to start catching up with the A&M delay that happened. I honestly think it's as simple as Pruitt not wanting to use HB as Cannon fodder by putting him in too early, and get him some development first, and if Covid didn't happen he would have already been the starter.
Develop- a few and screw the rest, great mantra.

This year doesn’t matter in terms of red shirting or not. It’s a free year so just play him.

Pruitt said again last night after the game that Guarantano gives them the best chance to win.

This alone proves he doesn't know anything about QBs and they should lock him out of the zoom meetings and remove him from the practice field when the offense is working.

VN Store

Back