Pruitt is the most innovative football coach on defense

Screen-Shot-2019-09-01-at-6.18.17-PM.png
99tater bringing the heat.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
That Florida State defense he fielded against Auburn was very good.
Last time Bama won the NC Pruitt was the DC.
Last half of the season, very few teams were playing at the level we were on defense.
Very true statement. Our defense was a force to be reckoned with.

I keep hearing about how amazing Pruitt’s defenses have been everywhere except at UT. It’s frustrating watching defensive players continue to look lost pre-snap at the end of their 2nd season under Pruitt. The article goes in on how he’s great at beating Malzhan’s offense, which is nice except for we only play Auburn once every 6 years. UGA, Bama, & UF aren’t running a spread offense so Pruitt’s skill in stopping them doesn’t help us that much.

When you play the teams that year in and year out have the biggest "down your throat" type offenses it takes time to build the defensive team size and speed to handle those offenses. But the Bama's etc. seem to be getting away from that one type of offense.

Jeremy Pruitt is the most innovative football coach on defense as Tennessee returns to competing for championships.

Jeremy Pruitt 'is the most innovative football coach on defense' as Vols return to competing for championships

Great article thanks for sharing.

Seems we have Malzan’s number and I would imagine since Pruitt coached with Fisher and we just stole Jay Graham from Fisher, we just might have Jimbo’s number as well.

So the Auburn and A&M draws could have been much worse.

Great article thanks for sharing.

Seems we have Malzan’s number and I would imagine since Pruitt coached with Fisher and we just stole Jay Graham from Fisher, we just might have Jimbo’s number as well.

So the Auburn and A&M draws could have been much worse.

Not sure Pruitt has anyone's number just yet, but I gave you a thumbs up for the thought.

Pruitt knows how to beat offenses. We have had too many defensive coaches that could say that, but it was a lie. He is getting extremely close to a roster that can do what it has to do to beat anyone.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Big Orange is about the surprise a lot of ugly mugs baby! I am getting a little anxious. :D

I keep hearing about how amazing Pruitt’s defenses have been everywhere except at UT. It’s frustrating watching defensive players continue to look lost pre-snap at the end of their 2nd season under Pruitt. The article goes in on how he’s great at beating Malzhan’s offense, which is nice except for we only play Auburn once every 6 years. UGA, Bama, & UF aren’t running a spread offense so Pruitt’s skill in stopping them doesn’t help us that much.

Elite players, or lack thereof, play a role in his success. We’re getting there.

Jeremy Pruitt is the most innovative football coach on defense as Tennessee returns to competing for championships.

Jeremy Pruitt 'is the most innovative football coach on defense' as Vols return to competing for championships

Pruitt is the best defensive mind at Tennessee since Neyland. I said that his first season and I still think it. Donahue is in the conversation. Monte Kiffin was more of an NFL defensive mind. But historically, Tennessee’s best coaching minds have been offensive-minded guys.

I’m excited to see what Pruitt will do with a full roster of his recruits.

Reactions: Remy
When CJP figures out a way to get 12 defenders on the field legally vs Bama, then I will crown him most innovative. Until then, keep doing all you can do Coach - we appreciate your efforts.

Would you like a reminder about how our roster looked when Pruitt took over? Come one bro, give me a break on this.

Would you like a reminder about how our roster looked when Pruitt took over? Come one bro, give me a break on this.

Butch just needs to get his players into the system. Dooley left him with a horrible roster.

Dooley just needs to get his players into the system. Kiffin ran off all our good players.

Kiffin just needs to get his players into the system. Fulmer’s recruiting had taken a nose dive his last few years.

Notice how the excuses are always the same? A good coach finds a way to do things like beat the teams that have less talent, like GA State, BYU, and Vandy in 2018.

That is what is so frustrating about Pruitt's time here. On paper, he was a fantastically successful DC who could be ready to make the next move up. For whatever reason, he simply could not pull it together here at all. I think he just never made the switch from coordinator to chief. Fortunately, in Huepel, we dont have that problem at least and he is a known entity as a HC at least, tho in a small pond.

VN Store

Back