Pruitt is obsolete

I think you are over stating CJP'S influence on every position on the field, let's point some fingers at under performing ACs.

You mean Felton who had no P5 experience? Hired by Pruitt when none of the other 60+ P5 schools were interested

You mean Osovet? Never had a D1 assistant job. Hired by Pruitt and passed over by 150+ others.

You mean Friend? Wanna guess which years last decade UGA had the lowest PFF scores on the OL. You guessed right but hey, he looks good in a wedding party.

You mean Felton who had no P5 experience? Hired by Pruitt when none of the other 60+ P5 schools were interested

You mean Osovet? Never had a D1 assistant job. Hired by Pruitt and passed over by 150+ others.

You mean Friend? Wanna guess which years last decade UGA had the lowest PFF scores on the OL. You guessed right but hey, he looks good in a wedding party.
Yep, those guys, you can blame Pruit for hiring them, but they are not doing their jobs, he can't fire everyone.....yet.

Yep, those guys, you can blame Pruit for hiring them, but they are not doing their jobs, he can't fire everyone.....yet.

You know one of the most important part of a CEO's job is identifying and hiring talent...

Of course, he is too busy calling LB and DL alignments on every play to be a CEO..

You know one of the most important part of a CEO's job is identifying and hiring talent...

Of course, he is too busy calling LB and DL alignments on every play to be a CEO..
Maybe, but that his decision, football is not like Walmart, you can't just fire everyone and move on. CJP will make changes, those other coaches overstated their abilities, and there will be off season pink slips.

Maybe, but that his decision, football is not like Walmart, you can't just fire everyone and move on. CJP will make changes, those other coaches overstated their abilities, and there will be off season pink slips.

They didnt overstate their abilities, we were the only P5 school to show any interest in more than 1.....

Yeah, because if a Wal Mart store manager really underperforms, loses market share to the nearby Target. has high turnover, and makes too many bad hires, Wal Mart will fire the store manager...

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
When watching other teams like Florida and even Vandy, one thing is very apparent. They SCORE. Pruitt’s style of coaching is obsolete. The days when you could get by with a half-decent offense(wouldn’t even call ours that) and a very good defense are long gone. When you have other qbs in the league that are avg 200-300 yds a game, you have to have an offense to keep up with that. And we have a very stubborn coach that won’t adapt to that. If we finish 3-7 or 2-8 and Beldar Cornbread is on the sidelines coaching next year, I probably won’t watch a game. Better ways to spend a Saturday.
BYE, BYE, we will see you in two years when we are winning again.

Hey Mods what the hell is up with all of these new guys coming on here and starting nonsensical threads about “today’s excuse” and letting people know that they won’t watch anymore (like anyone GAF) until this or that happens?

just read and go on- Don’t respond. Some want a reaction. I’m convinced some of these posters are fans of others teams ...... I know it’s frustrating!

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
They didnt overstate their abilities, we were the only P5 school to show any interest in more than 1.....

Yeah, because if a Wal Mart store manager really underperforms, loses market share to the nearby Target. has high turnover, and makes too many bad hires, Wal Mart will fire the store manager...
Yes, thank you for supporting my position on this 😁👍

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
...and it’s debatable if his success as a DC is based on his guidance from the HC’s he has been under.

I think Pruitt has earned the benefit of the doubt here. I think when Pruitt has a strong HC (Saban. Probst and Jimbo) to keep some of the more abrasive parts of his personality in line, Pruitt has done an exceptional job (fair to note, he has always had elite talent prior to TN) as a DC. The one DC gig where Pruitt wasnt elite (UGA), Richt didnt have the personality to control Pruitt and even then, Pruitt was very good there..

Of course, none of this means that Pruitt is a competent HC.

I think Pruitt has earned the benefit of the doubt here. I think when Pruitt has a strong HC (Saban. Probst and Jimbo) to keep some of the more abrasive parts of his personality in line, Pruitt has done an exceptional job (fair to note, he has always had elite talent prior to TN) as a DC. The one DC gig where Pruitt wasnt elite (UGA), Richt didnt have the personality to control Pruitt and even then, Pruitt was very good there..

Of course, none of this means that Pruitt is a competent HC.
3 years at UT is not an indication of anything, we dont have the talent to compete

It appears that Pruitt is what he is, a very good defensive coordinator. It does not appear at least at this time that being a head coach is where he should be.

I would love to be wrong, but at this time that is what it looks like. There is no shame in any of this.
There is shame in this for Fulmer, who is the idiot that extended his contract and increased his payout before he had earned it.

Reactions: BSAvol
26uci2.gif

6faaa4492d9a7f4dec342fbb56e5a267ae9e7bc2_hq.gif

Not gonna lie, our defense was fun to watch last year, but our offense has been abysmal these past couple of seasons
Our defense sucked against quality opponents last year. It only looked good when we were playing horrible teams.

VN Store

Back