Pruitt is obsolete

GenZVol

When watching other teams like Florida and even Vandy, one thing is very apparent. They SCORE. Pruitt’s style of coaching is obsolete. The days when you could get by with a half-decent offense(wouldn’t even call ours that) and a very good defense are long gone. When you have other qbs in the league that are avg 200-300 yds a game, you have to have an offense to keep up with that. And we have a very stubborn coach that won’t adapt to that. If we finish 3-7 or 2-8 and Beldar Cornbread is on the sidelines coaching next year, I probably won’t watch a game. Better ways to spend a Saturday.

It appears that Pruitt is what he is, a very good defensive coordinator. It does not appear at least at this time that being a head coach is where he should be.

I would love to be wrong, but at this time that is what it looks like. There is no shame in any of this.

It appears that Pruitt is what he is, a very good defensive coordinator. It does not appear at least at this time that being a head coach is where he should be.

I would love to be wrong, but at this time that is what it looks like. There is no shame in any of this.

It does seem that way. Not every coordinator is cut out to be a HC. I think that’s why guys like Chaney, Venables have never taken a HC job.

When watching other teams like Florida and even Vandy, one thing is very apparent. They SCORE. Pruitt’s style of coaching is obsolete. The days when you could get by with a half-decent offense(wouldn’t even call ours that) and a very good defense are long gone. When you have other qbs in the league that are avg 200-300 yds a game, you have to have an offense to keep up with that. And we have a very stubborn coach that won’t adapt to that. If we finish 3-7 or 2-8 and Beldar Cornbread is on the sidelines coaching next year, I probably won’t watch a game. Better ways to spend a Saturday.
Even his mentor, Saban has realized this.

I've never been as optimistic about Pruitt's potential as some seemed to be. I scratched my head when I saw some of our fans bristle at media "best SEC coaches" lists, seemingly insulted at Pruitt not being in the top 5. My attitude was always that, as a first-time head coach, he'll be on a steep learning curve. And we, as fans, will have to either hope that he's some kind of prodigy or we will have to be patient.

I think we can all see him making mistakes. Now comes the next phase -- proving that he can learn from them and improve. He'll be here for the rest of this season and probably throughout next season, too. The end of this chapter of Vol Football has yet to be written. It's too soon to write Pruitt off, IMO.

Not gonna lie, our defense was fun to watch last year, but our offense has been abysmal these past couple of seasons

I've never been as optimistic about Pruitt's potential as some seemed to be. I scratched my head when I saw some of our fans bristle at media "best SEC coaches" lists, seemingly insulted at Pruitt not being in the top 5. My attitude was always that, as a first-time head coach, he'll be on a steep learning curve. And we, as fans, will have to either hope that he's some kind of prodigy or we will have to be patient.

I think we can all see him making mistakes. Now comes the next phase -- proving that he can learn from them and improve. He'll be here for the rest of this season and probably throughout next season, too. The end of this chapter of Vol Football has yet to be written. It's too soon to write Pruitt off, IMO.

The worst thing is having this same discussion two years from now. Pruitt is not an SEC head coach. Cut him loose now and hire Freeze while Freeze is available.

If Bailey starts the game tonight and we come out with a winning game plan (actually trying to score on offense), I’ll have some hope that maybe he’s gotten some sense into his thick skull. Even if we lose, if we come out swinging it’ll be much better to watch than what we have already watched this season.

No, this is based on what? All the freshman we are playing, inconsistent QB play, OL under performing? How many coaches left,?

I think you are over stating CJP'S influence on every position on the field, let's point some fingers at under performing ACs.

Reactions: orangebloodforlife
I think we should go get Eddie Gran from KY.
Offensive mind who always coaches up lesser talent.

He is a goober with an iq of 50. Well so does his A. D. So it works our to100.

...and it’s debatable if his success as a DC is based on his guidance from the HC’s he has been under.

Reactions: landscapingvol
Hey Mods what the hell is up with all of these new guys coming on here and starting nonsensical threads about “today’s excuse” and letting people know that they won’t watch anymore (like anyone GAF) until this or that happens?

Last edited:
Odd. If you don’t want to watch, most of us could care less. Why do you have to come on here like a pansy to express Your feelings like a 13 year old girl? If you don’t care enough to watch then go do something else.

my bad. Just saw your screen name. Carry on entitled spoiled child. I know it’s your generations way. Maybe make a sign and go stand out at the street and chant something at people passing by.

Reactions: Johnboy69
No, this is based on what? All the freshman we are playing, inconsistent QB play, OL under performing? How many coaches left,?

I think you are over stating CJP'S influence on every position on the field, let's point some fingers at under performing ACs.

But Pruitt hired those assistant coaches, along with the ones he's already fired.

VN Store

Back