Pruitt Is Done

Players play how they are coached. It is simple and there is no reason to be uncertain about what we are seeing on the field. And don't say we have to hire a proven head coach... just look at what happened against Arkansas who hired a defensive coach from Georgia as head coach. Pittman knows how to be a leader.
Pittman was the offensive line coach, but your point is right on.

Reactions: 1967vol
Players play how they are coached. It is simple and there is no reason to be uncertain about what we are seeing on the field. And don't say we have to hire a proven head coach... just look at what happened against Arkansas who hired a defensive coach from Georgia as head coach. Pittman knows how to be a leader.

There’s nothing else you can say about it.

With the train wreck he inherited he deserves one more year. He will really need to add qb problem and offense thsts more prolific. Not ground and pound. If he doesnt make massive strides next year then I agree

With the train wreck he inherited he deserves one more year. He will really need to add qb problem and offense thsts more prolific. Not ground and pound. If he doesnt make massive strides next year then I agree
If we retain him, I'm not sure that the next guy won't inherit a worse mess. Yeah 2017 was awful, but we were 15 points away from 7 wins.

This year we're not even competitive with the likes of Arkansas and Kentucky.
This season (in theory) will have at least 5 losses by more than 3 TDs.

I can't imagine how Pruitt holds on to these recruits when it's all said and done

Our biggest issue, IMO, is that we have no "throw game" (Butch's voice). Receivers rarely get separation, and it doesn't seem to matter who is playing QB, we simply have a very limited passing game. Once teams adjust at halftime to stop the run in games where that has been successful, we are done.

Sorry if already posted but for what it’s worth, Butch’s buyout ends in March.

The Point doesn’t change that we are talking about a 25 million dollar upfront commitment to fire Pruitt and hire a staff that costs more.

Because if you’re in the fire Pruitt camp and want to hire some no name, what’s the point?

I'm tired of the coaching carousel that seems to be never ending since Fulmer. Why can't TN get lucky with one hire? Why can't the Vols find 1 QB that could get them over the hump? In my opinion we are a QB away from being a halfway decent team. It's really starting to bother me.

I'm tired of the coaching carousel that seems to be never ending since Fulmer. Why can't TN get lucky with one hire? Why can't the Vols find 1 QB that could get them over the hump? In my opinion we are a QB away from being a halfway decent team. It's really starting to bother me.[/QUOTE
I felt bad for Maurer because it was painfully obvious he was not going to be successful last night at all. And Bailey may be a rising star but it was definitely impossible to tell from last night because he just took the underneath route every time which is what Hogs wanted us to do. When JG went out our chances of winning went too. Not a statement of his abilities either way but that point was painfully obvious too. I still long for a running QB and wish JG would do it more. He’s not great at it but has stretched the field several times this year.

I felt bad for Maurer because it was painfully obvious he was not going to be successful last night at all. And Bailey may be a rising star but it was definitely impossible to tell from last night because he just took the underneath route every time which is what Hogs wanted us to do. When JG went out our chances of winning went too. Not a statement of his abilities either way but that point was painfully obvious too. I still long for a running QB and wish JG would do it more. He’s not great at it but has stretched the field several times this year.

Reactions: Volsonyourface

VN Store

Back