Pruitt is becoming a Tennessee guy

Jimmy and Joe's is the key .. we HAVE to have players to approach where Ga. Fla., LSU, Aub and Bama are.. a must ..

Reactions: 08Vol
I was at Tuscaloosa when Pruitt called 3 timeouts in a row just before half to ice the kicker. He sent a message to Bama, and they booed him severely after the 3rd one. He didn't care, and I stood up and clapped.

Reactions: FïreBall
I disagree, friend.

Over a 26 year career in the Army, I was assigned to, led, and commanded a number of different units. Was never in one place for more than three years. I guess you'd say it was a business. It was certainly a job.

But I fell in love with just about every one of those units, and wanted desperately to get back to most of them after having gone off somewhere else. Didn't take a dominant decade, or a legacy; just took a couple of years of caring deeply about the fellows I trained and worked with, and developing pride in the history and culture of that emblem we wore on the uniform showing we were part of the same team.

Another way of saying it: the human spirit gets dragged into the mix even when things start off clinically professional.

General Neyland was born a Texas boy. No one would argue he wasn't all Vol from the 1930s on.

Same thing appears to be happening with Brother Pruitt. I'm excited about that. Think we all should be.

Go Vols!
Awesome post. I salute you sir.

Riiiiiight. AL is his home state and UA is his alma mater. He'd run all the way to Tuscaloosa in his bare feet if they wanted to interview him.
This is his first HC job, if he’s successful here he would have zero reason, other than a stupid amount of $$$, to go. Can you imagine if he pulls off 9 or 10 regular season Ws next year? CJP knows how to win at high level as he has lived and breathed it and I think he is capable of doing the same thing here.

Reactions: Commish14
You can tell he’s almost got the culture completely changed. I don’t know about the rest of you but the defense in the first half brought back memories of the 90s. Before Indiana’s last drive before the half to get the field goal I think they had 35 yards of offense. That was very pleasing to see that type of domination again.
The defense held Indiana to 16 pts! JG also scores for them!

And I love it. Before he always referred to Tennessee as "this university," and now he has his wife and kids out there on the field and quotes the maxims when he is being interviewed after a bowl win. He has officially stepped over to the light.
He's a Bammer...Forever...His heart is at Alabama and always will be...Doesn't mean he can't like UT but if they came calling he would be out of here faster than Lane Kiffin did...Football coaches are in a sense very well trained salesmen, They will tell you what you want to hear but in the end it is all about them...I remember a lot of people going crazy over butch jones too and the crap he was spewing and you see how he acts towards us now right?...It's ok to LIKE a coach but don't get too attached to them.

Reactions: 08Vol and hog88
I agree completely.

People get caught up in coaches, but for the most part they will leave for a better opportunity/pay if they have no ties to a university.

If a coach didn't grow up a fan of a school or play there in college I have no faith that coach will turn down his home school or better money just because. Each situation is unique, but if the guy didn't play for Tennessee and has no ties I'll always be wondering when the right offer comes along.

No but he played a couple years at MTSU before going to Alabama.

I disagree, friend.

Over a 26 year career in the Army, I was assigned to, led, and commanded a number of different units. Was never in one place for more than three years. I guess you'd say it was a business. It was certainly a job.

But I fell in love with just about every one of those units, and wanted desperately to get back to most of them after having gone off somewhere else. Didn't take a dominant decade, or a legacy; just took a couple of years of caring deeply about the fellows I trained and worked with, and developing pride in the history and culture of that emblem we wore on the uniform showing we were part of the same team.

Another way of saying it: the human spirit gets dragged into the mix even when things start off clinically professional.

General Neyland was born a Texas boy. No one would argue he wasn't all Vol from the 1930s on.

Same thing appears to be happening with Brother Pruitt. I'm excited about that. Think we all should be.

Go Vols!

Amen !!! Well Stated !!

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
He is set up for success here. This could be his legacy. Now, can he do it?
Not convinced he will ever return to Tuscaloosa. Just as close to Knoxville from his hometown.

He has the drive to win as a competitor. I think it eats him up when he doesn't. That cannot be instilled, you either have it or you don't.

Reactions: onevol74
Good grief, like any of you know what he's gonna do 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9+++ years from now. So stupid.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
glad he's learning to be a head coach at Tennessee...miles to go yet, but under Coach/AD Fulmer he'll be given every chance to succeed and I'd much rather have him than anyone else...seriously...believe we're fortunate to have him and his family...

GO BIG ORANGE!
Agree100%

VN Store

Back