Pruitt is asking vol fans to help in recruiting!

From the article and quote it seems to me he is asking us to creat a positive image of Tennessee and if we run into a member of the team or someone identified as a recruit, commit, or "target", to be positive, welcome them, and tell them how great the University is. My time at UT was awesome! Two degrees, professor mentors that I caught up with at alumni events, game day experiences, were all positives. I would not have had the career success I enjoyed without the education and support from UT. That is what he is asking us to point out to players, recruits, etc.
:good!:This! Another example: Dear Mister Mayes, It's very understandable that you've been reticent about playing football for UT, after all this turmoil. The players weren't into it. Coach Jones, who tried but couldn't stack any more of those bricks, was headed out the door, and the future wasn't looking very bright in Big Orange Country. Look. I'm sure you're looking forward to visiting and re-visiting big programs such as Clemson and Alabama and Georgia, but, hey big guy. Although the wheels had fallen off our UT Vols football team, you now must realize that our great program has been refitted with a new set of wheels...much more-so than one could've imagined before AD Fulmer turned it all around and brought in Coach Jeremy Pruitt and the most impressive assortment of coaches and staff anywhere. As great, admittedly, that it would be playing for one of those teams, don't you want to be THE MAN who came back to Knoxville to lead this 2018 class to the summit of that CFB mountain? It's happening and you know it. Stay with family, Cade. We need your leadership. COME BACK HOME! GBO!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
You read my mind.

Send in the Hooters Girls!

untitled-3.gif

I give them a "standing ovation"

For the love of God don't start writing love letters to recruits.
Also, for you and your "likers": 'Sorry to inform you that it wasn't some form of "love letter." It was a facetiously rendered paragraph meant for humor; to alliterate a comedic example of a fan wishing that big guy would reconsider coming to UT. Oh, yeah. GA, eh? I'm from Tennessee.:thud:

:good!:This! Another example: Dear Mister Mayes, It's very understandable that you've been reticent about playing football for UT, after all this turmoil. The players weren't into it. Coach Jones, who tried but couldn't stack any more of those bricks, was headed out the door, and the future wasn't looking very bright in Big Orange Country. Look. I'm sure you're looking forward to visiting and re-visiting big programs such as Clemson and Alabama and Georgia, but, hey big guy. Although the wheels had fallen off our UT Vols football team, you now must realize that our great program has been refitted with a new set of wheels...much more-so than one could've imagined before AD Fulmer turned it all around and brought in Coach Jeremy Pruitt and the most impressive assortment of coaches and staff anywhere. As great, admittedly, that it would be playing for one of those teams, don't you want to be THE MAN who came back to Knoxville to lead this 2018 class to the summit of that CFB mountain? It's happening and you know it. Stay with family, Cade. We need your leadership. COME BACK HOME! GBO!

No, just, NO!!!

Also, for you and your "likers": 'Sorry to inform you that it wasn't some form of "love letter." It was a facetiously rendered paragraph meant for humor; to alliterate a comedic example of a fan wishing that big guy would reconsider coming to UT. Oh, yeah. GA, eh? I'm from Tennessee.:thud:

Yeeeeeaaaahhhh, no

just being positive to recruits on VN could help out some...whether they choose us or not...wish them good luck in their future and leave it at that...:)

GO VOLS!

Agree with RollerVol. Just be positive and leave it at that. The CBJ method of bombarding kids on social media would be a mistake at this point, imo.

Get pissed all you want, but here is the truth. VolNation has a negative image right now. Our fan base turned a hired coach into a fired coach in 48 hours! Whether we were right or wrong, that scared away A LOT of coaches and a lot of recruits.

As a whole, as RollerVol said, we need to focus on “just being positive” but not much more.

Agree with RollerVol. Just be positive and leave it at that. The CBJ method of bombarding kids on social media would be a mistake at this point, imo.

Get pissed all you want, but here is the truth. VolNation has a negative image right now. Our fan base turned a hired coach into a fired coach in 48 hours! Whether we were right or wrong, that scared away A LOT of coaches and a lot of recruits.

As a whole, as RollerVol said, we need to focus on “just being positive” but not much more.
Amen! For every positive post there's at least a dozen negavols, liking one-another's posts, and more-so when they're bully humorous. It appears that among a growing contingency of internet posters of all ilks, narcissists are taking advantage of this exposure the most. Goodness! Just say something positive!

VN Store

Back