Pruitt has the Vols up and off the floor!

Hold on there whistle britches, let's pump the brakes, hold the horses, don't set yourself up for disappointment. Let's beat South Car....I mean Misso...I mean UA....I mean Vand...Yea, let's beat Vandy before we start celebrating.
Cmon man, We’re vol fans. We will never be completely satisfied

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
Whoa Nelly, there, fancy pants, let's pump the brakes a little on the brake pumpin', hold back from holding the horses, we need to see where this show is going before we decide to slow down our gettin' excited, we just don't know what to think yet, better let things go wild before waiting to beat Vandy before celebrating.

[i am amazed how many folks didn't read the sarcasm in your post, Behr]

I'm not, and its also part of the reason some think I'm an idiot. I did say "Part" of the reason.

I think its amazing how some act like getting excited and enjoying the ride is like spending their life savings buying stock.

The recruiting of high school kids is not as relevant as it used to be with the current transfer rules. The big schools get 3 five stars for every position and all of them can't earn a spot, so the rest transfer. It takes recruiting to a whole new level as you have to keep an eye on the development of players on other teams as well. More analytics type people will have to become part of every team's staffs to keep up with all of these kids that are already playing for other teams.

Will years of frustration and 3 consecutive losses to Vandy, be sufficient motivation for the Vols to steamroll Vandy, let's hope so, right?
I'd like to see the Vols put up 50 points against the Commodores......or More
Go Vols

Do Vol fans finally feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel, or do fans still need a 10 win season to prove the Vols are back?
A 10 Win season would be sweet, because it's been a while since we won 10 games in a season, quite a while

I'm not, and its also part of the reason some think I'm an idiot. I did say "Part" of the reason.

I think its amazing how some act like getting excited and enjoying the ride is like spending their life savings buying stock.
If you can't enjoy this you are a miserable person in my opinion. We are not back yet. But, we are much better than we have been in a long time. I for one am going to enjoy this turn around. I was checking out at the grocery store yesterday. I had on one of my VOL shirts. The couple behind me said I must be glad I can start wearing my Vol gear again. I told them I NEVER STOPPED wearing it. I said I am a VFL and I don't live in a closet when we suck. The cashier said he is telling the truth. He has flown the colors every Friday and Saturday for as long as I have known him. I shop there a lot. lol She looks at me and throws up the VOL sign. We nod at each other. As I am going out the door I hear her yell GO VOLS!

The ability to get players motivated to play hard and overcome adversity has trumped the puzzling time outs, turnovers, too many players on the field, poor clock management on and on. Hopefully players will continue to give great effort. The other stuff is easier to fix than motivation and getting the buy in.

There are no acceptable losses, unless your a loser, but winners don’t dwell on losses. They learn and move on.

iu

The recruiting of high school kids is not as relevant as it used to be with the current transfer rules. The big schools get 3 five stars for every position and all of them can't earn a spot, so the rest transfer. It takes recruiting to a whole new level as you have to keep an eye on the development of players on other teams as well. More analytics type people will have to become part of every team's staffs to keep up with all of these kids that are already playing for other teams.

Excellent point. Recruiting is even more of a year round effort than before. It would be interesting to know how the teams are adapting to capitalize on the transfer situation.

Competing for the east, with a win over Florida, and playing competitive 4 quarters of football with Georgia, Oklahoma, Alabama with a chance to win in the fourth, and a 9-3 record should be the expectation next year?

Competing for the east, with a win over Florida, and playing competitive 4 quarters of football with Georgia, Oklahoma, Alabama with a chance to win in the fourth, and a 9-3 record should be the expectation next year?
I like our chances against UGA as it's later in the year, and time and experience will benefit us more then. I also like our chances against Oklahoma. Face it, we have to be twice as good as UF to beat them by 3 points. It doesn't look like we'll ever be twice as good as them either..lol! Bama will always be Bama, and we play them better on the road than we do at home.

VN Store

Back