Pruitt, Fulmer, Helton and Friend Visit Cade Mays

I wished everyone would stop worrying about Cade Mays. His dad was only an average player at best here. I doubt his son will be any better so it's fine if he goes to Georgia.

Agree 100% he stayed hurt. The kid is way over rated. I can't wait to play Georgia. Go Vols!!

Reactions: 1 person
All of you that are bashing Cade for not signing with Tennessee do realize that he has a younger brother that many think will be even better than Cade???????

Get over it. If players didn’t sign because of vol nation comments then we wouldn’t have enough players to roster 11 guys to play both ways.

And I’m not bashing him for not coming to Tennessee. I’m one of the few that understands all kids aren’t going to stay in state.

Your statement above says otherwise. Your criticality was either planned and therefore trollish, or out of ignorance which makes one, well......

I made a post with my honest thoughts.How is my opinion ignorant? This whole staff is allegedly full of elite recruiters. That is all I have heard since Pruitt was hired, but in crunch time they are mainly raking in a bunch of 3 stars.

Last edited:
I’ve never seen the kid play but many that have say he’s not that impressive and don’t see the hype. I played OL in school, and had small offers to Cumberland, Emory, etc.

As an Emory grad, I can tell you that Emory has NEVER even had a football team, so...gonna call bull on your post

Reactions: 5 people
Well, I hate we didn't get him. But UGA better hope he commits to the G better than he did to the T. Not a man of his word. It's easy to go where the crowd goes. I keep reminding my dawg fans that Baker Mayfield was a 2 time walk on. Sometimes the stars don't mean jack.

As an Emory grad, I can tell you that Emory has NEVER even had a football team, so...gonna call bull on your post

Pardon me for naming the first few small schools to come to mind. Not BS though. Cumberland, union, Tusculum. Lol no reason for me to fib about being offered by tiny schools that nearly anyone can play for. The small locals anyway. Regardless, the point of my post was I’ve seen Some decent ball players while getting crushed by teams like Alcoa and Catholic In playoff games. This kid just doesn’t look overly physically impressive, and many that routinely watch Catholic say he struggles. I’ve not seen him play.

Either way, that ship has sailed.

Reactions: 2 people
All I got to say is kid better not be giving up no sacks to a UT d-lineman. I will make it a point to remind him that he turned down playing for the Volunteers. Just the name Volunteer is better than anything about being a dog.

And, I second moving the thread.

Several posters immediately called BS when rumors circulated about Pruitt using profanity during the meeting...and turning off the pious Mays clan. What a crock that turned out to be.

Lots of local kids (or legacies) go to other schools. But what’s sorry about this is the kid (and quite possibly his folks) have not respected UT through the process. Don’t troll us... just sign elsewhere.

Notice CM didn’t consider Bama. Saban can hand pick his players, and doesn’t pander or tolerate distractions. So it may have been mutual. This is Pruitt’s last cycle of begging for talent. Onward and upward.

Reactions: 3 people
Several posters immediately called BS when rumors circulated about Pruitt using profanity during the meeting...and turning off the pious Mays clan. What a crock that turned out to be.

Sorry to keep this thread going but noticed the above statement and am just looking for clarification if someone can help....... the question I have is, did Pruitt actually use the profanity and is this the reason for the non interest or is this just a “fake news”story? Not that it really matters either way now I’d just like to know if anybody has any truth to the story. Thanks

Sorry to keep this thread going but noticed the above statement and am just looking for clarification if someone can help....... the question I have is, did Pruitt actually use the profanity and is this the reason for the non interest or is this just a “fake news”story? Not that it really matters either way now I’d just like to know if anybody has any truth to the story. Thanks

To clarify, the posters on our site were reporting what was relayed from Georgia boards. So most likely it’s fake news to discredit Pruitt, or a face saving move by the Mays to justify not give the Vols time to rerecruit him.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back