Pruitt Frustrated By Lack of Support

It's been crystal clear to anyone with two eyeballs not trying to pump sunshine that Pruitt is not enjoying his time here. He's been sassy with the media lately, which is the first sign someone has had enough.

I am genuinely curious to know what support he hasn't gotten that he thinks he needs to be successful here. I wish someone would leak that info. Fulmer, for all his faults, allowed Pruitt to hire one of the most-expensive OC's in college football and gave Pruitt freedom to pull together the staff he wanted. What more could you ask for?

If it's the fan support he's frustrated with, not sure how it surprises him that a program that has been mired in mediocrity for 13 years has frustrated fans. If he had just beaten the mediocre teams on his schedule, or ONE rival, he wouldn't have these types of frustrations.

He's made his own bed.

I do think he is enough matter of fact that he wouldn't dance around an issue like that. Would it surprise me if he ain't happy with being a head coach? No. Would it surprise me if sticks around and tries to turn things around? No. Nothing surprises me with Pruitt. Not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing in general.
Agree. I've wondered at times if Pruitt is trying to get fired. Food for thought.:oops:

I'd be on board with UT paying him 100% of his pre-extension buyout in one lump sum if he'd resign at the end of the season.
Probably not going to get that lucky, but we could negotiate some assuming the money is there for a lump sum based on likelihood that his marginal tax rate will increase in 2022 in accordance with the Biden tax plan and, assuming he's actually a TN resident now, he'd be getting all this money in TN with no state income tax before he, presumably, rolls back to Gumpland where they do have a state income tax.

Reactions: Samthebam
I will say this, Fulmer should absolutely be fired first. It’s also ironic that a bammer will cost him his job. Oh well, he hired the guy.
No way they'll fire Fulmer X 2. More likely action would be a Fulmer retirement and bring in Blackburn. Think it's time. Get Blackburn on board then it's on him for 2021 coaching hire and he's got a few months under his belt, so we're not bringing in a new AD and coach at the same time...since don't think anything happening to Pruitt until 2021 season if things don't turn around.

If Pruitt or anyone is surprised by fan angst they shouldn't be coaching in upper tier SEC. Aub, LSU, Tam, UF, UGA, Bama...expectations are to win. Everyone gets at least modest results but UT.

It's been crystal clear to anyone with two eyeballs not trying to pump sunshine that Pruitt is not enjoying his time here. He's been sassy with the media lately, which is the first sign someone has had enough.

I am genuinely curious to know what support he hasn't gotten that he thinks he needs to be successful here. I wish someone would leak that info. Fulmer, for all his faults, allowed Pruitt to hire one of the most-expensive OC's in college football and gave Pruitt freedom to pull together the staff he wanted. What more could you ask for?

If it's the fan support he's frustrated with, not sure how it surprises him that a program that has been mired in mediocrity for 13 years has frustrated fans. If he had just beaten the mediocre teams on his schedule, or ONE rival, he wouldn't have these types of frustrations.

He's made his own bed.

He thought everyone should be grateful that he graced us by his time on the hill and should be fawning over him like he's a savior.

The guy is a narcissist.

I hope he didn't say that. I hope that isn't how Pruitt really feels. If he actually said that about just as soon leaving and going back to coach under Saban then he's basically saying he wants it to be easy and he doesn't like coaching when it's hard. It's EASY to be a positional coach or coordinator under Nick Saban. Nick Saban's already done all the work. The recruiting is automatic. You get NFL-bound talent every year. The recruits are on average more talented. No one gives coaches crap at Alabama because the program recruits itself and the players fall over each other to play for it. Meanwhile coaching at Tennessee is HARD right now. The fans have been desperate for fifteen years. I mean really. How can he say on the one hand that he understands the expectations, and then on the other hand say he's frustrated by the expectations?

I can't believe that he said that. I find that almost impossible to fathom. It's basically giving up. I can't think a head coach would want to do that. And if he actually does, then I am stunned.

Last edited:
Bid farewell to the endless summer of FIRE MALZAHN

I'm not sure what else Jeremy Pruitt thinks he should be given that he does not have at the moment. We're spending top-dollar for assistants and until this disaster of a season he had plenty of fan support around the program. If he is so soft that he is mad fans want him fired after an historically terrible year, I don't know what else to say. At that point, he should just resign and go be a DC.

If this is how Pruitt actually feels, I'm not sure how you can justify giving him another year to tank the program further. Give him his walking papers and let him go be a DC somewhere else if that's what will make him happy.
Top dollar for assistants isn't the same as top dollar for top assistants. To me Chaney(who has been disappointing this year), Jay Graham are our only top assistants that we have on staff. I agree though he seemed defeated at the pressers since this losing streak has started. The not having the best assistants I can't say for sure isn't his fault because the boosters may not have opened the checkbook up all the way but he should know guys who can coach better than what we have seen out of most.

The analysis in this article (which is hard to argue with BTW) just goes to highlight the ineptitude of the UT AD. It has been embarrassing for decades now (really since Dickey left). Abysmal.

Reading that contract breakdown makes that extension even more sickening.

Fulmer absolutely should be shown the door for letting Cueball slide without at least a mitigation clause.

I've said for a while now, he seems in over his head. He doesn't seem comfortable. Pruit has the chops to be a good DC but not HC. He doesn't like the weight of the crown it seems. Fulmer should have recognized this during the hiring process... then again, Fulmer probably wasn't given many options after the debacle that happened before he walked in.

Bid farewell to the endless summer of FIRE MALZAHN

I'm not sure what else Jeremy Pruitt thinks he should be given that he does not have at the moment. We're spending top-dollar for assistants and until this disaster of a season he had plenty of fan support around the program. If he is so soft that he is mad fans want him fired after an historically terrible year, I don't know what else to say. At that point, he should just resign and go be a DC.

If this is how Pruitt actually feels, I'm not sure how you can justify giving him another year to tank the program further. Give him his walking papers and let him go be a DC somewhere else if that's what will make him happy.
If that quote is true, he can go screw himself. UT has made him a rich man regardless of what happens. F him.

I'll be .ore than happy to help Pruitt pack. Is it harder to win at Tennessee than it is at Alabama, Florida or Georgia? Absolutely but it's been proven in multiple sports that it can be done. The facilities, the support and everything one needs to be successful is here but it takes a real coach to use everything at his or her disposal to put it all together. Pruitt has shown he simply doesn't have what it takes to be a successful head coach. Head on back to the arms of Nicky, Cornbread, you won't be missed one bit.

I'm as anti- Pruitt as they come but the BS alarms are going off loudly with this piece of "journalism"...

Any one with internet access and a laptop can be a journalist anymore.

That being said, wouldnt surprise me a bit he said it given how chippy he has gotten with the media and the beatings he has taken on the call in shows lately.

Reactions: Myrtleturtle

VN Store

Back