Pruitt Ends Pregame Speech With "We Are Tennessee."

I was 13 years old listening on the radio when Kelsey Finch blew up that hole. No one was going to touch him streaking down the field against Florida. Watching this video brought back so many dreams of playing for Tennessee. I miss John Ward...because of how he made things seem so alive....as though you were seeing it as he was sketching the memory in your mind FOREVER...!

CJP has learned from his relationships as a high school coach, from the college coaches that he has worked for & is open to learning from the mistakes of himself & others in order to improve his performance & skill as a head football coach. His skills as a defensive coach is showing from his absence from the Alabama football staff as is the lack of offense in Georgia's games since the move of Chaney to the Vols !!! His relationship with CPF will only reinforce his efforts to improve as he moves forward. I have no doubt that CPF has relayed the secrets of his successes & the mistakes that led to to his demise as the head coach @ UT & have high hopes that these things combined will lead to a generation of success of the Vol program !!! GO VOLS !!!

I think if you could ask him privately and get an honest answer if he would rather be the HC at 'Bama, he might say "yes," but short of that, what other job could he possibly want? I think he loves college football and everything that it represents traditionally. He has all of that at Tennessee, and he has it in a Southern context, which I am sure he also appreciates. I'm not so sure his personality would play at USC or Michigan.

Knoxville is a perfect place to live and raise a family. He has great support, and I think he likes his boss.

I have no idea if he can recruit enough players to win it all, but I do think he knows exactly what a good football player looks and acts like, and I think he knows what a good coach looks like. He will keep guys around him that get as many good football players as they can and compel those players to develop and perform at their best. That seems like a formula that can move the program ahead by leaps and bounds. I don't know what his ceiling is, but I do believe we haven't come close to seeing it.
I pretty much agree with all of this. Tennessee is a great fit for Pruitt, aside from the bitter hatred he grew up with for Tennessee. I’ve lived in Rainsville, Al and have a lot of family in that area. That hatred is in their DNA. Having said that, when you pour your heart into something and spend years building it, at some point, a switch surely has to flip. I think the “point of no return” moment might be when Pruitt smokes a cigar as the HFC of Tennessee. At this point, it is just idle conversation, because he hasn’t accomplished anything substantial, but I feel like we are seeing glimpses of what could be a bright future. If so, the question will always be if Pruitt could ever bleed 🍊.

VN Store

Back