Pruitt does see talent.

HooahVol

Seeing Deandre Baker get recognized as the best DB in the county last night made me realize Pruitt does recognize talent. If you don't recall Baker was only a 3 star out of Miami but Pruitt wanted him and pursued him relentlessly. Baker even has stated Pruitt is the reason he went to UGA: Jeremy Pruitt’s legacy at Georgia: Players, changes and....

Lets hope Pruitt can bring a few guys like Baker in.

This thread escalated quickly.

One other positive from the Baker story is the other coach who saw his talent was Saban who fought Pruitt for him and I sincerely believe was one of the reasons Saban hired Pruitt. It does bring me comfort to know that Pruitt recognizes talent in the same way Saban does. Time will tell but I really think Pruitt can get us the players we need, at least on defense.

This thread escalated quickly.

One other positive from the Baker story is the other coach who saw his talent was Saban who fought Pruitt for him and I sincerely believe was one of the reasons Saban hired Pruitt. It does bring me comfort to know that Pruitt recognizes talent in the same way Saban does. Time will tell but I really think Pruitt can get us the players we need, at least on defense.
Things are looking kind of bleak for the 2019 class.

Numerous reports have come out & said that we arent losing any momentum on the recruiting trail despite not having an OC. We just locked up like the #1 overall QB next year without even having one. That is all Pruitt. I swear, as much as I see complaining about sNoWfLaKes on this board from 50 year old dudes, you guys sure are sulky & whiny. Pruitt will hire someone great, just trust the process.

What? OP, so you are saying that Pruitt does not first consult with the experts at Rivals and 247 before determining who he thinks is capable? That is rediculous. How else would our coach know who was good?

Ya'll see that video UT Football tweeted out? Seems like both a great endorsement of Pruitt & a total shell shock to the culture & how it was under Butch.

Numerous reports have come out & said that we arent losing any momentum on the recruiting trail despite not having an OC. We just locked up like the #1 overall QB next year without even having one. That is all Pruitt. I swear, as much as I see complaining about sNoWfLaKes on this board from 50 year old dudes, you guys sure are sulky & whiny. Pruitt will hire someone great, just trust the process.
50 year old dudes have been trusting the process since the 80's and more recently the 2000's where we saw Fulmer's dominance decline because he seemingly refused to go outside hire the best available when his current guys were no longer getting the job done, we trusted the process when the administration hired Dooley (Edit: actually it was Kiffin then Dooley. My memory failed me), then three years later when the process hired a young and unproven Kiffin, then one year later hired a snake oil trumpet player out of Ohio (whom, if I'm not mistaken, we had beaten a few years prior with Dooley), and now we have put our hopes in Pruitt and from what I see, 95+% of the current Vol fans trust that he knows football and how to win. Finally, don't forget it's the 50 years olds that pay the bills. So, I guess we feel like we like we would like a little say in the process.
Ok, off my soapbox. Don't worry, your days coming. Snap your fingers and you'll be here. Enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
50 year old dudes have been trusting the process since the 80's and more recently the 2000's where we saw Fulmer's dominance decline because he seemingly refused to go outside hire the best available when his current guys were no longer getting the job done, we trusted the process when the administration hired Dooley, then three years later when the process hired a young and unproven Kiffin, then one year later hired a snake oil trumpet player out of Ohio (whom, if I'm not mistaken, we had beaten a few years prior with Dooley), and now we have put our hopes in Pruitt and from what I see, 95+% of the current Vol fans trust that he knows football and how to win. Finally, don't forget it's the 50 years olds that pay the bills. So, I guess we feel like we like we would like a little say in the process.
Ok, off my soapbox. Don't worry, your days coming. Snap your fingers and you'll be here. Enjoy the ride.
You make a compelling argument. If I may point out tho, Kiffin was here before Dooley. Otherwise your statement seems factual. Except the 95% you through out there.

Reactions: basspond
Based on what? A bunch of know nothing idiots throwing out names left and right and idiots believing everything they hear and read expecting the coach to run out and hire the first one that the bandwagon jumps on, even though he don’t know or ever worked with most of the names, and idiots therefore assume it’s a cluster F!
When in actuality he is probably using his brain and interviewing until he decides 1 is a good fit and they will be able to work together and win .

Trust me he is struggling
No offense intended here because if I had posted something like this I too would expect to be roasted...BUT your credibility for future posting is at stake....PLEASE...make a bullet list for how you personally know "trust me he is struggling". Now you can post "hey guys I was just kidding" and we can laugh and move on...otherwise you're on the clock...

Wow. Time flies. I do remember the 70's better than yesterday. Thx for the catch.
No problem. I’m not usuall a stickler for anything. As you can see in my last most I used the wrong version of threw lol. I just wish they would hire an OC so we could all turn our attention to the good basketball team we have right now.

Reactions: basspond
Seeing Deandre Baker get recognized as the best DB in the county last night made me realize Pruitt does recognize talent. If you don't recall Baker was only a 3 star out of Miami but Pruitt wanted him and pursued him relentlessly. Baker even has stated Pruitt is the reason he went to UGA: Jeremy Pruitt’s legacy at Georgia: Players, changes and....

Lets hope Pruitt can bring a few guys like Baker in.

Let’s see. A sample size of one = a strong conclusion.

Got it.

No problem. I’m not usuall a stickler for anything. As you can see in my last most I used the wrong version of threw lol. I just wish they would hire an OC so we could all turn our attention to the good basketball team we have right now.
Amen

Just like not all 20 something’s are snowflakes, not all 50 something’s are jaded toward a bright future. Though we have realized we have less time to wait before we can’t remember the Vols, yesterday, or where the bathroom is located. If only Bear Bryant would retire, we could win on the third Saturday in October, right?
Your Avatar says it all.

VN Store

Back