Pruitt CAN be fired, buyout not a problem

99bubble

Wanted to post this and see what everyone thinks. If he's fired, there will be an offset for his income from another job. No way he sits around without someone (likely Bama) picking him up as DC at 1 million per year or more. That would knock it down quite a bit.

He's had massive turnover on his staff already and lost S&C guy. It seems that he is hard to work with and everything you hear is that he is stubborn. Playing JG is clear evidence of that.

It's obvious to rational people that it's not going to work. I hope we go ahead and rip the band aid and get it over with.

Yep and they've got plenty of money to throw around too. Almost done paying Butch might as well give Pruitt a golden parachute. Just keep making that ex-head coach payment and it's mundane and ordinary like the water bill, light bill, car payment etc nothing out of the ordinary.

He’d probably go back to Hoover and get paid $100K leaving us on the hook for the rest. PF should be in Freeze’s office right now refusing to leave until the deal is done. Instead, he’s probably in his own office watching old VHS tapes of how good we used to be thinking cornbread is going to take us to the promised land.

Agreed but dammit we better try our ****ing best to.
If you want to be Florida, Georgia, Bama ect you have to demand a level of success.
I’ve said that Mullin at Florida will find a way to lose a game or two a year he shouldn’t and it will keep him from winning championships. If I’m right Florida will fire him and get someone else. They have a championship standard there. We do not.

He’d probably go back to Hoover and get paid $100K leaving us on the hook for the rest. PF should be in Freeze’s office right now refusing to leave until the deal is done. Instead, he’s probably in his own office watching old VHS tapes of how good we used to be thinking cornbread is going to take us to the promised land.

That's why we gotta hit the streets every day until the deal is done!!

No other top school would hesitate to fire their coach after the results we are getting...You think Texas would or Florida?...How about Oklahoma would they tolerate this boring as hell bone headed coaching style?...Hell no!...Those coaches would be out the door without a doubt...Football generates way too much money for them to mess around and UT figures we will fill the stadium regardless of who is the coach so if YOU want change your going to have to get out there and let your voices be heard...This is a travesty, A lot of people spend a lot of money to support this program....We all deserve better than this.

If you want to be Florida, Georgia, Bama ect you have to demand a level of success.
I’ve said that Mullin at Florida will find a way to lose a game or two a year he shouldn’t and it will keep him from winning championships. If I’m right Florida will fire him and get someone else. They have a championship standard there. We do not.

I agree with you about Mullen. Dude is good ass football coach but I can't see him winning any championships at UF. (Unless you count winning a division as a championship.) But that's what UT needed. A coach that could get them back to what UF is currently and then maybe the next guy could take them to the national championship level. Missed opportunity.

Reactions: Honky
Because he’s viewed as tainted by the decision makers. If we had not done the kiffen thing then maybe but unless there’s a real change at that level we will not be hiring freeze.
We Looked at him as a coordinator recently. The idea wasn’t well received by the university. I can’t believe they would suddenly think he could be the head guy.

Wanted to post this and see what everyone thinks. If he's fired, there will be an offset for his income from another job. No way he sits around without someone (likely Bama) picking him up as DC at 1 million per year or more. That would knock it down quite a bit.

He's had massive turnover on his staff already and lost S&C guy. It seems that he is hard to work with and everything you hear is that he is stubborn. Playing JG is clear evidence of that.

It's obvious to rational people that it's not going to work. I hope we go ahead and rip the band aid and get it over with.

He SHOULD be fired "For Cause". "Can't Coach". If you can't do the job YOU promised to do when you were hired, is that not "Cause"?

I agree with you about Mullen. Dude is good ass football coach but I can't see him winning any championships at UF. (Unless you count winning a division as a championship.) But that's what UT needed. A coach that could get them back to what UF is currently and then maybe the next guy could take them to the national championship level. Missed opportunity.
Ask the Florida guys. I’ve said 100 times Mullin could be here forever but will be fired at Florida

Reactions: ProudVOLfan and UTK
Abosuletly agree. You know how much money UT would make in the first season alone under Freeze? Lmao. MONEY IS A WEAK EXCUSE. PERIOD

Exactly! This mentality is the exact reason why we are stuck on this carousel!

Go big or go home (or get sent home) which is what’s been happening to us by constantly playing the cheap card.

People are silently protesting. I know I am. I haven’t spent a dime on UT in 2 of the last 5 seasons. It’s my only way of showing displeasure. If everyone would do the same and make Ut aware of it they’d get their butts in line.

Exactly! This mentality is the exact reason why we are stuck on this carousel!

Go big or go home (or get sent home) which is what’s been happening to us by constantly playing the cheap card.

Couldn't say it any better myself.

Reactions: igotworms

FLORIDA will fire Mullen?? God Almighty; did you sleep at all last night?? Hangover? Go post that on Gator Nation. They need ANOTHER Good Laugh! Geeze----

Why do you all do this to yourselves? Pruitt is not getting fired this year. He will be shaking up his staff. I doubt he gets fired next year either.
I think this is the bigger issue. He needs to make staff changes. Letting some of the coaches go and replacing them with higher priced assistants will cost a lot of money. They will be afraid to invest that money in a new staff while they are gathering money to put towards Pruitt's buyout. This is the death knell. It's Larry Scott all over again.

VN Store

Back