Pruitt Bandwagon

I'm almost ready to get on the Pruitt bandwagon. Have to give him credit for keeping the team committed after the horrendous start to the season. Our OL and DL are both light years ahead of where they were at the beginning of the season. Coaching is really showing up on the field. I'm very much in favor of retaining him as HC, realizing we won't be in the same class as UGA or UF next season. If improvement continues, I could see us being as good or better than UF in 2021. UGA will be tough to catch unless Kirby implodes.

kirby may already be imploding. 4th down punt last year, loss to Junior this year, sluggish in every other game they have been in, struggled to put away the gators today. And what makes people think Uga is so great anyway? That they almost beat bammer. And that would be the same bammer that got spanked, absolutely spanked, by Clemson. Both bammer and uga are overrated IMO.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Let me tell you this one. Pruitt said he was ready. Taking snaps and was ready. Maybe Pruitt needs to tell the truth and not get fans hopes up. So you or Pruitt are wrong and I say that respectfully to you
I haven't said anything about the kid being ready. I'm pointing out the obvious stats he has, but for some reason you guys keep ignoring it.

I understand. I felt really good last week with everyone getting to play but Pruitt pulling that stunt this week upset me quite a bit. We needed to get Shrout some game experience in case JG goes down next week.

Heck I think Shrout deserved to start and play the entire game.....unless something bad happened.

He certainly needs more reps. I know Maurer gets the O motivated, but 49%, 2 TD’s and 5 int’s and knocked out of two games......doesn’t make me think “he’s the guy”......so they really needed to have Shrout get some good reps........just one of many reasons I jumped off the Pruitt wagon.

I’m just trying to get back on......as there has been good team improvement.

Heck I think Shrout deserved to start and play the entire game.....unless something bad happened.

He certainly needs more reps. I know Maurer gets the O motivated, but 49%, 2 TD’s and 5 int’s and knocked out of two games......doesn’t make me think “he’s the guy”......so they really needed to have Shrout get some good reps........just one of many reasons I jumped off the Pruitt wagon.

Finally someone who sees Maurer has 2 TD's and 5 int's with 2 concussions besides me. You can't win with that period.

I've been positive toward Pruitt because of him and his staff being around the SEC for a long time, knowing what this conference is about. Even though he had no HC experience, I started to realize we need consistency and to stop all of this turnover was the only way to bring us back, a splash higher wasnt going to happen. With Phil and Pruitt we have that SEC punch that Butch Jones just didn't bring.

However, I'm not all in on Pruitt. If he builds the program back to some dignity, makes us strong in our conference and then we decide to part ways for THE RIGHT GUY it could be good. I'm only on the UT bandwagon and if it gets us back to winning championships I'll help Pruitt pack with a smile on my face.

I agree. I just think Maurer brings the energy that is needed. I think JG saw what was happening when Maurer walked onto the field and for the first time got the message. We agree about JT. I just hate it for the kid and I certainly felt let down after waiting all week to see him.

Let me touch on the Maurer situation one more time. Maurer has 2 touchdowns, 2 concussions, and 5 interceptions in 4 games playing less than 3 total quarters each game. If you guys can't see he is not the answer at this time you're blind. I don't believe we have the answer on the roster.
The 3 stooges will never let you throw stats at them as stats are way to similar to facts!! Fight the fight, I and many others see what you see, apparently Coach Pruitt does as well. Half of the JG Haters are probably the same person.

Let me tell you this one. Pruitt said he was ready. Taking snaps and was ready. Maybe Pruitt needs to tell the truth and not get fans hopes up. So you or Pruitt are wrong and I say that respectfully to you

Pruitt has another coaches mind he has to **** with. I guess he ****ed with yours also. Me I don't care who the QB is as long as we win. "Just win baby!"

I haven't said anything about the kid being ready. I'm pointing out the obvious stats he has, but for some reason you guys keep ignoring it.
Yeah the Miss St game was just an inkling of what he could do until he fell on his head. He was a freshman getting better every game he played and the team responded like no other games this year. JG is in 3rd year starting and had no energy whatsoever to bring to the team until Mauret stepped onto the field. It was awesome. I would have started Mauret every game after that if he had been healthy.
Pruitt was getting heat and getting it big time from the media and from the fans because when they saw Maurer they knew JG couldn't touch it. That's my opinion and I understand yours. Maurer just brings so many more intangibles with his game.

I agree. I just think Maurer brings the energy that is needed. I think JG saw what was happening when Maurer walked onto the field and for the first time got the message. We agree about JT. I just hate it for the kid and I certainly felt let down after waiting all week to see him.

Maurer has been knocked out of 2 games and not played in 4 other games.......one would think this would give JT a shot........he only has 21 attempts all season.

Last week his 7 for 11, 122, 1 and 0 should have been enough to get him more than 1 pass this week before getting yanked.

Maurer has been knocked out of 2 games and not played in 4 other games.......one would think this would give JT a shot........he only has 21 attempts all season.

Last week his 7 for 11, 122, 1 and 0 should have been enough to get him more than 1 pass this week before getting yanked.
EXACTLY

Reactions: rkvdg
Yeah the Miss St game was just an inkling of what he could do until he fell on his head. He was a freshman getting better every game he played and the team responded like no other games this year. JG is in 3rd year starting and had no energy whatsoever to bring to the team until Mauret stepped onto the field. It was awesome. I would have started Mauret every game after that if he had been healthy.
Pruitt was getting heat and getting it big time from the media and from the fans because when they saw Maurer they knew JG couldn't touch it. That's my opinion and I understand yours. Maurer just brings so many more intangibles with his game.

My eyes tell me this is the truth.

Just like JGs efficient stats have never meant squat except a pile of losses.

Intangibles must lead to TOUCHDOWNS not interceptions and concussions

Now to be honest I don't understand JT Shrout moves. Why start the kid and take him out in 2 minutes. Either play him or not

1 in every 11 pass attempts is an interception.
49% completion
27 completions, 5 int’s and 5 sacks (a sack or int for every 2.7 completions)

Motivation is one thing........but it’s not “everything.”

Reactions: Eastknox865
Intangibles must lead to TOUCHDOWNS not interceptions and concussions
Tell JG and Pruitt that. JG threw and interception in the end zone. A weak and poorly thrown ball. JG had another one tonight on the sideline that was a weak throw and should have been intercepted.
Last week JT was 7/11 and 122 yds. How did that work out for the kid tonight.

1 in every 11 pass attempts is an interception.
49% completion
27 completions, 5 int’s and 5 sacks (a sack or int for every 2.7 completions)

Motivation is one thing........but it’s not “everything.”
Then should I add up JG fumble that cost us in the bama game and an interception in the end zone tonight and the should have been interception on the side line from another weak pass. We could do this all night but I understand where you come from and respect your football knowledge.

Reactions: 08Vol
Then should I add up JG fumble that cost us in the bama game and an interception in the end zone tonight and the should have been interception on the side line from another weak pass. We could do this all night but I understand where you come from and respect your football knowledge.

I’m not a JG fan.

I just think Shrout had earned the right for much more than 1 pass then getting yanked.

As of right now Maurer simply hasn’t shown us anything except for motivation that says “he is the guy.”

I don’t think Pruitt is that sold on JG. I just don’t think he’s sold on the other two either. Maurer and Shrout have both shown some considerable upside but both have shown some huge problems as well. If we had a clear and away better option I believe Pruitt would roll with them bc he’s constantly chewing on JG’s ass in game. I think a lot of the statements in the media are more for JG’s confidence than anything else.

People act like the coaches are going to choose a favorite over winning. JG is not a great choice but the coaches believe he is the best choice. It's ugly yes but just win. The defense seems to be fixed now let them fix offense and just enjoy the wins.

Misleading TD/int stats. Every time he's been in the game we move the ball better than with any other qb on roster. I agree injuries are a concern but if he gives us best chance to win, by all means, play him.

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back