Pruitt at SEC Media Days [full video]

hm. interesting takes after Pruitt's time. i don't really care about the murray or pollack comments on him, as i think it's pretty apparent there's some obvious bias for their coach, Richt. which is fine.

i think the thing that got me the most was the dictating of what should or should not be expected, and why.

it felt as if they were speaking to a group of people that were oblivious to what TN has been thru the past 10 years, and especially the last couple months of last season. and no effort made to connect the dots of how tumultuous those two months were and what kind of toll that may have taken on the program, and how it impacted the end result.

the only thing i agreed with is this...yes, most realistic TN fans do realize that this year isn't going to be a c'ship year, and that yes, the 5 game stretch is brutal.

all cards on the table, yeah, i think going to a bowl in year one...win 1 or 2 games you're maybe not supposed to...and move on. don't lose the games you're supposed to win. start there.

and it's obvious there's no one really paying attention to recruiting based on their comments. that's going fine. not sure what they were getting at with their comments on that topic.

lastly, i hope they have those comments about the trash roster we have playing on a video loop in the complex for the next couple months. cause ain't nobody giving anyone wearing an orange and white jersey this year a chance. take that to camp.:thumbsup:

Reactions: 1 person
b) Little fishy about the comment "With Saban and Jimbo, you know where you stand" therefore no friction. Richt however, with his warm fuzzy style.

Pruitt psychologically, at his core, has to win.

Richt was not that way.

There are going to be conflicts between a worker who has to win and a boss who does not.

Reactions: 2 people
This is my take. After whatever game it was that went very badly, Pruitt got drunk and let Richt know what a yellow gutless sob he thought he was. I guarrantee it was one of those choke games that everybody and their brother were smacking their foreheads about. Is that disrespectful? Yeh, it certainly is. At the time, apparently CJP didn't give a rat's ass. He was sick of watching it happen after working so hard to win. That's just my hunch. As far as the crew's comments, I didn't have a problem with any of it. I'd love to get back to putting silly Georgia where they belong, but at the moment, we will get their yapps.

It's nice to hear a real coach for once. I'm not sure how the season plays out but I'm not going to be surprised if we win more than some people think.

Last edited:
It's nice to hear a real coach for once. I'm not sure how the season plays out but I'm not going to be surprised if we win more than some people think.

me neither, but i wont' be surprised if it goes as most think it will either. lotta "new" on The Hill this year.

I liked how the panel discussion got around to arguing whether Pruitt can win some championships in year two. That sets some pretty high expectations, but it's nice to be arguing about that v. can we beat Vanderbilt or win any SEC games at all.

Pollack comes off as really childish. He is not even in the same league as the other analysts on the SEC network or ESPN. As much as I hate Alabama, Pollack could learn a lot from McElroy about how to be a great analyst. You have to put your college pom poms down at some point and realize there are other teams in the conference besides your own. Then again, it seems like forever since Tennessee won the NC in 98. I can't imagine the pent up rage the UGA fanbase and Pollack must feel seeing as how their last one was in 1980. Even Georgia Tech has won one since then. Poor Puppies!

McElroy was almost defending Tennessee until he kinda got pissed or frustrated and then he just stopped arguing with the moran, and he has several times before.

If you are a competitor, a true competitor at any level, not being successful literally requires an outlet to vent of some sort. Some people beat coolers up, some people puke, some people scream and shout, some people hold it in and develop ulcers, there's literally a myriad of ways competitive people handle failures. The truly good ones however end up channeling that same energy to become even better competitors. I believe CJP may be one of these type guys, Richt obviously was not. Pruitt is never going to look for the sunshine in a loss, I do not believe he's built that way. Time will tell.

@BearCat204, dummy.

Oh, wait. That doesn't work yet.

Bearcat? OK, here you go :good!:

f8f-5a.jpg

I can't believe I just watched a former Alabama QB AND Finebaum stick up for Pruitt. Sign of the apocalypse, IMHO.

Oh, how the worm has turned when Paul Finebaum pulls his head out from Bama's bowel to publicly acknowledge his matriculation at Tennessee.

I’m behind and finally had a chance to watch CJP at SEC media days.

He was at the desk with the other guys and was asked if they had to bunk with another HC who would he pick. His answer was Saban because he is the smallest.

Our Cornbread coach is on fire.

Bring on some football.

I’m behind and finally had a chance to watch CJP at SEC media days.

He was at the desk with the other guys and was asked if they had to bunk with another HC who would he pick. His answer was Saban because he is the smallest.

Our Cornbread coach is on fire.

Bring on some football.

Wheres the video where he sits with the guys at the
Table?

Wheres the video where he sits with the guys at the
Table?

I recorded media days off the SEC network. I never could get the links here to work.

Edit: It was my connection not the links.

I’ve only seen one player interview. It was Callaway with one on the SEC network guys.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back