Pruitt apparently caught it tonight on Vol Calls

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
First caller asked about whether or not we are going to change the offensive philosophy, mentioning that we have several playmakers but a bad offense.

Two more calls later on basically asked why JG is still starting.

After Bob and Pruitt had a conversation about a steakhouse in Huntsville, this was the transcript on the next call: “Well, Bob, I could care less about a steakhouse in Alabama because we’ve been eating crow since the second half of Georgia. Coach Pruitt, how would you feel about Miss Pruitt calling plays on offense?”

The Best of 'Vol Calls,' (formerly) Texas A&M week

Surprised that show is still on the air, most of the callers live in Seymour, Halls or maybe Clinton, but Kessling just makes up their locale, first caller is always Danny from Bolivar, followed by Jim from Union City, as if it really mattered, its government run radio, way too much propaganda, Kessling couldn't ask an insightful relevant question if he had to

First caller asked about whether or not we are going to change the offensive philosophy, mentioning that we have several playmakers but a bad offense.

After Bob and Pruitt had a conversation about a steakhouse in Huntsville, this was the transcript on the next call: “Well, Bob, I could care less about a steakhouse in Alabama because we’ve been eating crow since the second half of Georgia. Coach Pruitt, how would you feel about Miss Pruitt calling plays on offense?”

Hillarious! Dude said he could care less about a steakhouse in Alabama? Priceless! And if after three years in rust belt civilization, Pruitt is still talking about Ala-effing-bama, then he needs to carry his cornbread eating, bad grammar, deep south, red neck ass back there.

Last edited:
Hillarious! Dude said he could care less about a steakhouse in Alabama? Priceless! And if after three years in rust belt civilization, Pruitt is still talking about Ala-effing-bama, then he needs to carry his cornbread eating, bad grammar, deep south red neck ass back there.

In his defense he was asked about it

I listened and I was very surprised at the first caller giving him the business I heard who said something like, "I called to ask about the defense, why is Gurantano still starting? Is it an indictment of Chris Wenke not developing the quarterbacks or is it recruiting failure?"
I about spit my drink out.

Two good questions that I've also been asking in that article............both times nothing but coach speak and no real answer. Especially the one about motivation and fire. Its like I'm watching a politician with pre-rehearsed Q&A

Reactions: tennvols77

I love the passion of UT Fans, that was funny. However reality is this, you can't change the offense in mid-season, sure you can get more vanilla, but today's defensive coordinators will pick that apart fairly quick.

Good call in

Reactions: sanglemangle

Normally they screen the calls, so that tells me all is not well with the world over there on the Hill

Surprised that show is still on the air, most of the callers live in Seymour, Halls or maybe Clinton, but Kessling just makes up their locale, first caller is always Danny from Bolivar, followed by Jim from Union City, as if it really mattered, its government run radio, way too much propaganda, Kessling couldn't ask an insightful relevant question if he had to

Jerry from Bulls Gap?

Can't remember the last time I listened in. Vol Calls became a bore with Bob, then as the football program digressed since 2005...well, it's just depressing. :confused:

Bob Kessling has been credited with bringing broadcast professionalism into UT sports.... perhaps so, but a shame he couldn't bring a little John Ward with him.

Bob Kessling has been credited with bringing broadcast professionalism into UT sports.... perhaps so, but a shame he couldn't bring a little John Ward with him.
This statement may be true, but I do not listen to him. He just leaves me cold and annoyed. Our program has suffered for not having Mike Keith. Someone on this forum suggested the establishment of the Titans redirected the state's resources and attention from the Vols to the Titans and I think it's the stone cold truth. The Vols went from everything, to sharing the space, and college football returns have diminished since. It was slow at first and has accelerated. The school's admin have made it less likely to bring it back.

This season promises to be a bowl of lemons. But, there is a chance to make lemonade. Get away from the mindset mantra that the best practicers are going to be the best game players. Maybe you haven't had the normal quantity and quality of practices to apply that dogma. So, how can you be sure you're grading these guys fairly? How does a guy move from second to first team, anyway. Figure this - this season doesn't count. Mark it down as a gift and try all the guys you have. This is a free play. Take advantage of it.

The transcript doesn’t paint the picture of how cringeworthy Kesling’s reaction was after Robbie from Tallahassee’s call.

Then a few minutes later Wordsmith Bob gave us this classic from the Department of Redundancy Department:
Bob Kesling: “And the fact is, every one of these guys had an option to opt out”

VN Store

Back