Pruitt announces Jim Chaney hired as OC

What makes him great?

Is he gonna flip some of them 5* that verbally committed to UGA to come here?
Read the linked article. An impressive resume, in case you didn't already know.

And if you are familiar with his accomplishments then link one a better resume, preferably one with SEC experience and equal proficiency with the run and pass. While you're at it, make sure he's shown versatility and adaptability with available personnel.

And if it's not too much, for the sake of continuity of staff, try to find a dude who owns a house in the area, and has kids enrolled in school. Maybe even a guy with no head coach aspirations, who wouldn't mind retiring in beautiful east TN. I know im asking a lot here, but this kind of thing serves to ease our battered vol hearts.

Or just compare Chaney' s resume to Helton's. And tell me if that looks like improvement.

Or just compare Chaney' s resume to Helton's. And tell me if that looks like improvement.
Maybe a better comparison would Be Chaney and Locksley. Or Chaney and Jeff Scott. Comparing Helton is an apple and bowling ball comparison (no pun intended). I don't expect that $1.X million bought us much to be honest.

I hate to have to bring this up, but I really wish Chaney could drop a few pounds. There is no denying the guy has gotten really big over the past several years. If nothing else, for the sake of his health and longevity in his profession, it would definitely be wise for him to watch the calories.

Go blow. Mind your own damn business.
Do gooders make me puke. Why are Tn. fans so intent on insulting other people?. Some people are just big. Get over it.

Last edited:
WetUnsteadyBeardeddragon-size_restricted.gif

NippyEasygoingCatbird-size_restricted.gif

5d5H.gif

fpKmuKf.gif

NeRgUGj.gif

tenor.gif

happy_headbang.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

mrw-my-team-make-playoffs-next-round-baby-pittsburgh-penguins-fan-excited-hockey.gif

manningdance.gif

giphy.gif

WatchfulWickedEuropeanpolecat-size_restricted.gif

What makes him great?

Quarterback development alone makes him a good hire. 6 or 7 qb's maximized their potential under Chaney's guidance. Jonathon Crompton and Nate Peterman among them. Neither was heading towards a football paycheck on the field until he developed them. He will be great with J.G. Hide and watch.

Quarterback development alone makes him a good hire. 6 or 7 qb's maximized their potential under Chaney's guidance. Jonathon Crompton and Nate Peterman among them. Neither was heading towards a football paycheck on the field until he developed them. He will be great with J.G. Hide and watch.
hide?

While I agree with you....if this is the first thing you think to say on a message board it's extremely shallow. I know he has struggled with weight for a very long time, he had lost a bunch of weight a bit before and while he was at UT. I think he is well aware of this without your input!
Isn’t the whole point of this message board to provide unsolicited input and opinions?

Isn’t the whole point of this message board to provide unsolicited input and opinions?

Touche', but hiring coaches is what we do best and following teenage boys on Twitter.....

He could be as big as Bill Parcells for all I care. Just win baby!

I hate to have to bring this up, but I really wish Chaney could drop a few pounds. There is no denying the guy has gotten really big over the past several years. If nothing else, for the sake of his health and longevity in his profession, it would definitely be wise for him to watch the calories.

Then there's the stress of being a coordinator on any level within the SEC, not to mention a P5 program. I fear something sooner or later is going to break.

My theory is that Georgia is imploding. Just my opinion and no, I don’t have a stack of evidence to back that up.
UT offered a lot more money than what UGA was willing to pay him. He's approaching retirement and wants to cash a few more big checks before he does so. Kirby probably would've matched if he was a better recruiter.

What makes him great?

The best way to describe this hire is that it is safe and makes perfect sense. Chaney has coached in the SEC for 9 of the last 10 seasons and did a fine job at Arkansas in 2014 and Pitt in 2015 with less than great talent. In 2014, Arkansas briefly showed great promise near the end of the season with back to back upsets of LSU and Ole Miss - and Chaney's offense looked very good against Ole Miss (30-0 win). While at Pittsburgh, Chaney helped turn Nathan Peterman (does that name ring a bell?) into a good college QB. Pitt also, showed improvement in his lone season. There is definitely hope that he can do the same thing for Guarantano next season.

Of the coaches that we talked to during this lengthy process, only Mike Yurcich who chose Ohio State, would have come without considerable baggage (like Freeze and Briles). It's a good hire.

VN Store

Back