Pruitt announces Jim Chaney hired as OC

Boom Shakalaka!!!

ZealousCelebratedKinkajou-size_restricted.gif

What makes him great?

Is he gonna flip some of them 5* that verbally committed to UGA to come here?

Reactions: Volanta
This I think is a fairly good hire, especially considering who it could have been, but we still need more talent. That's far more important. Chaney had elite offensive talent at Georgia, and he runs a pretty conventional scheme that isn't going to fool anyone or rely on deception. He had elite athletes who were executing his scheme really well. He isn't stepping into that situation at Tennessee right now. We just need players.

I hate to have to bring this up, but I really wish Chaney could drop a few pounds. There is no denying the guy has gotten really big over the past several years. If nothing else, for the sake of his health and longevity in his profession, it would definitely be wise for him to watch the calories.

This is a fantastic hire. More importantly Chaney will bring a ton of stability to an offense that has had no stability for years. Right now - the offense does not have to be great. Chaney can be average and with continuity and stability the offense should grow and get better each year. Great start to 2019

Reactions: Sowbug2000
Some may like the hire and some may not, but i will you one thing no one can deny, its a heck of a lot better than we have had in a while. GBO!!

This is a fantastic hire. More importantly Chaney will bring a ton of stability to an offense that has had no stability for years. Right now - the offense does not have to be great. Chaney can be average and with continuity and stability the offense should grow and get better each year. Great start to 2019

He'll bring a ton, alright.....;)

So the reason it took 6 weeks to hire an O.C. was because we didn't hire one that had been fired or that was upgrading from a position coach or had personal issues that made them a lesser commodity. We hired a top notch offensive mind that had to finish his season.

What a freakin' concept! Go Vols!

I hate to have to bring this up, but I really wish Chaney could drop a few pounds. There is no denying the guy has gotten really big over the past several years. If nothing else, for the sake of his health and longevity in his profession, it would definitely be wise for him to watch the calories.

While I agree with you....if this is the first thing you think to say on a message board it's extremely shallow. I know he has struggled with weight for a very long time, he had lost a bunch of weight a bit before and while he was at UT. I think he is well aware of this without your input!

JC is a big guy but always try to remember that in college he was a big nose tackle and all his coaches taught him how to eat to stay big.

Just like Fulmer who was also a lineman and was taught to eat to stay big.

Getting older normally makes most people get bigger.

As long as CJC stays healthy. teaches our players well, puts points on the board and helps us get WINS then God bless him and let him eat and enjoy his life.

I'm now happy that most everyone here on VN are happy people with this hire.

UGa offered him more $$$ but he wanted to be here with Pruitt at Tennessee and we should respect him for that.

VFL...GBO!!!

So the reason it took 6 weeks to hire an O.C. was because we didn't hire one that had been fired or that was upgrading from a position coach or had personal issues that made them a lesser commodity. We hired a top notch offensive mind that had to finish his season.

What a freakin' concept! Go Vols!

That's pretty much the way I see it and until its confirmed differently, that's the way it was. Not interested in Howler Monkey opinions.

VN Store

Back