Jeremy Pruitt Job Approval thru 25 Games

• Approve of Job

Votes: 437 77.9%
  • Disapprove of Job

Votes: 15 2.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 109 19.4%

• Total voters
Yes. Against GS st in thr 2nd half our offense had 4 drives 1 int. 2 FGs. And 1 punt. Before a stat padding final td drive....bottom he couldnt keep the offense moving foward to rest the defense....thats on the QB not making plays or moving the chains....i suppose its on the defense for being on the field almost 3/4 of the time in the 2nd half..
BYU 2nd half. 6 drives 1 int 3 punt 1 to on down and. Fg. Started Up 13 to 3. We couldnt move the ball..oh but thats the defenses fault too

Amazing,

We out talent those two teama at every position and this staff wasnt able to put together a win and you want to blame the qb? Say hi to CJP for me next time you shine his shoes..

He really needs to hire an advisor like Ed O did. Experienced former HC to help with strategy & game management decisions. The trick on the snap that was called and stopped the clock was one of the stupidest things Ive seen in several years.
Someone can do just as well as googling “Football game mgt.”. You will have all the info you need.

Amazing,

We out talent those two teama at every position and this staff wasnt able to put together a win and you want to blame the qb? Say hi to CJP for me next time you shine his shoes..
Every position but QB. GA ST qb 2 passing td 1 running

BYU QB 232 yards 1 td 0 ints (true sophmore 1 less yr experience)
Jg 176 yards 2 td 1 int

But out QB is the greatest ever

Biggest concern after this season is I feel like CJP is coaching "not to lose" quick triggers, juggling lineups, conservative play calls...he needs to coach to win....a sign of a struggling or scared coach is pulling players quickly and moving too many pieces
Nick Saban says Hi. You have just described his first 2 years at Alabama.

Really like the way the season ended, not so much the way it started. I'm in the undecided group I suppose BVS has got the better of me. I will wait until I see how we play against Real good teams.

I think we will be pleasantly surprised how much improvement we see in our offense next year. Chaney's offense's in year 2 usually produce big numbers. Whether it's throwing the ball or run heavy .I am excited to see it.

Love how the defense shaped up. Ahead of schedule IMO. Hope it continues from the start of next year.

How does everyone feel?

Pruitt currently has the following thru 25 games:

6 game active winning streak / 7-1 in final 8 games
1 Bowl Win
7-9 SEC Record / 2-2 Record vs SEC West
#16 Recruiting Class Ranking Average

Undecided at this point. He's basically a .500 head coach so far with a losing record in conference. He needs to recruit at a higher level than 7th in conference. This season has been up and down. He needs to find a starting QB and stick with his guy.

For the record, I hope he's successful here. I think the proof will be in the pudding after year 3.

Reactions: hog88
Undecided at this point. He's basically a .500 head coach so far with a losing record in conference. He needs to recruit at a higher level than 7th in conference. This season has been up and down. He needs to find a starting QB and stick with his guy.

For the record, I hope he's successful here. I think the proof will be in the pudding after year 3.

Except he’s not a .500 coach.

And rankings are rankings but the gap between say 3rd in the SEC recruiting and 7th is literally the difference of a player or two.

But yes, we need to find a QB for Pruitt to continue the rebuild.

Ummm neither year did he pull JPW. He stuck with him through good and bad
It's situational you do what works. He juggled the line up pulled out onside kicks one in the opening kickoff vs TN. Lost to LMonroe. the list goes on but yes there are many similarities in the first year and the recovery of the program.

To quote whodeycin85

"Biggest concern after this season is I feel like CJP is coaching "not to lose" quick triggers, juggling lineups, conservative play calls...he needs to coach to win....a sign of a struggling or scared coach is pulling players quickly and moving too many pieces"

just a stupid post

It's situational you do what works. He juggled the line up pulled out onside kicks one in the opening kickoff vs TN. Lost to LMonroe. the list goes on but yes there are many similarities in the first year and the recovery of the program.

To quote whodeycin85

"Biggest concern after this season is I feel like CJP is coaching "not to lose" quick triggers, juggling lineups, conservative play calls...he needs to coach to win....a sign of a struggling or scared coach is pulling players quickly and moving too many pieces"

just a stupid post
Mines stupid and you compare Sabans first 2 years at Bama vs Pruitt. Keep suckling the teet and thinking everything is great...you be the first one complaining next season at 6-6

He has to match this year’s win total (8 wins) at minimum next year.

Next year is so far away, I am even not worried about that. Basically, I think the biggest concern going forward has to do with how well the culture evolves right now. And that is moving forward to become a more disciplined team. Hoping for no off field incident? Well, that seems a pipe dream. But if they do happen, the coaching staff responds appropriately. Seeing how the recruiting class rounds out.

As to next years record, matching 8 wins? Well that is borderline minimum but only if the injury bug is a bigger problem. They need to pass the eye test. Competitive against higher ranked opponents, dominating against the lower ones. Biggest ones we will miss? Bituli, Warrior, and Jennings. I expect Henry T to fill the first one's roll nicely. Not sure who fills Nigel's shoes, but I think someone will. Jennings? That is the tough one. It will take three receivers stepping up to cover losing him. Still, by my standard of progress? If the program is truly moving forward, I expect 10 wins next year. Fewer mental mistakes, crisper execution, and clearer understand of assignments. Bigger, better, stronger, faster, and cleaner. And fewer brain fades by the QB. Guarantano either needs to get himself together instead of being Jekyll and Hyde. Seems like he has PTSD right at the worst moments.

For now, let's worry about coaching changes, rounding out the incoming class, and getting to the orange and white game. Then we can really worry about next year.

Reactions: whodeycin85

And rankings are rankings but the gap between say 3rd in the SEC recruiting and 7th is literally the difference of a player or two.

He said basically, which he is (1 game over .500 is basically .500...).

The recruiting is fine. Like you said, the difference isn't much at the top.

The good thing is we have 6 QB's right now, so one has to be capable.

Reactions: JMSqb11
Way to follow up with another dumb post.
Well I mean you're comparing our coach to saban the greatest coach of college football. We have another idiot comparing our quarterback to Joe burrow a heisman trophy winner this season. Don't think it's me that has the expectations of we're gonna be a championship team with our current set up think I need to check yourself and realize that you are in fact an idiot

Someone can do just as well as googling “Football game mgt.”. You will have all the info you need.

Yeah but knowing it on Tuesday at 3pm and knowing it Saturday with 1:33 left in the game are two different situations. Plus, your google search can’t include weather factors, injuries to your team & the opponent, etc. There’s a reason God first gave us brains instead of Google

Lord help us.

As proof by the IU game. Shutting down the offense after a 2 td lead is weak ass football and will get you beat....is conservative football. Protecting a lead is one thing. Even LSU had a huge ass lead and didnt take thier foot off thr gas completely....

The whole “playing not to lose” idea is a fallacy. The truth is that there is no right or wrong way to do it. The coach has to play to the strength of his team.

Fulmer won an awful lot of games by doing what you describe as “playing not to lose.” He had a great OLine and could run it down people’s throat to run the clock out.

LSU has the most talented offense in the country with a QB that has proven over and over that he makes great decisions with the football. If I had that, I’d “pour it on” too.

What was the strongest position group on the UT team this year? The D. It only makes sense that he gives his offense the opportunity to run out the clock, and if not, put the game in the hands of the D. Did you see a QB on the roster this year that you trusted to “pour it on?”

Reactions: jsc1973

The top 3 teams in the SEC in recruiting are GA, Alabama, and LSU. You really think we are even remotely in the same ballpark as any of those teams talent wise?

Look, I get it. Kids want to play where they feel they can win championships and go to the league. So that being the case, Pruitt is going to have to find a way to win more with less for a while. However, if we finish this year at least at 8-4, go to a bowl and win, and finish 9-4 or better, recruits should clearly see that this program is headed in the right direction. If our 2021 recruiting class is not ranked markedly higher than Pruitt's first 3 classes, something is inherently wrong with how Pruitt is running his recruiting program. Tennessee has entirely too many resources, too much tradition, and too nice of facilities to be on the outside of top 10 nationally, top 5 in the SEC in recruiting.

Last edited:
The gap is not wide between 3 and 7.
And yet the holes in our team are glaring. We lack elite team speed. We lack size and depth on the D-Line. We lack an elite edge rusher. We lack a physical, dominant RB. And most importantly we lack a dynamic playmaking QB. I dont see any of those deficiencies in the #3 recruiting team in the SEC.

And yet the holes in our team are glaring. We lack elite team speed. We lack size and depth on the D-Line. We lack an elite edge rusher. We lack a physical, dominant RB. And most importantly we lack a dynamic playmaking QB. I dont see any of those deficiencies in the #3 recruiting team in the SEC.
Eric Gray sucks.

Harrison Bailey says hello.

Eric Gray sucks.

Harrison Bailey says hello.

Eric Gray completely disappeared until the last game of the season and the bowl game against two very pedestrian defenses. Not saying he sucks but I'm not crowning him the next Alvin Kamara either. Besides, one good player and one unknown quantity doesnt exactly refute what I said. No one is denying that Pruitt has recruited some nice pieces. But he has yet to put together an entire class that can compete with the upper echelon of the SEC. We were outscored 177-30 this past season by our 3 biggest rivals. Keep saying we aren't that far away talent wise from the SEC elites.

Reactions: whodeycin85

VN Store

Back